Carrie:The Remake. (again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carrie:The Remake. (again)

SIGH. Why can't they leave well enough alone? We've already had one remake of this classic film and now, of course, here comes another. With Kimberly Pierce directing(who did an ample job with Boys Don't Cry) and now the casting of Chloe Moretz as Carrie it's apparently coming to fruition. Who will play Margaret? Sue? Tommy? Billy? Chris? etc?? Since remakes are a dime a dozen these days what are your thoughts on this particular one or even remakes in general?

Because every generation has the RIGHT to prove to the older generation that the fears of the older about the younger are correct. I fear this generation is devoid of original thought, feeling and personality. So far they have proven me correct.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
      Because every generation has the RIGHT to prove to the older generation that the fears of the older about the younger are correct. I fear this generation is devoid of original thought, feeling and personality. So far they have proven me correct.
      I'm not going to lie...this made me literally LOL. Well put sir, well put.

Comment

I like Chloe Moretz, and they'll have to do quite a bit of makeup to make her look plain and/or ugly. I don't have a problem with a remake being done. I don't think the original can be topped, but as long as it's a good movie and faithful to King's book, I won't complain. At least it's been more than 30 years since the original, not a remake 4 years later.
        "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Originally posted by misery chastain loves co. View Post
          I'm not going to lie...this made me literally LOL. Well put sir, well put.
          Thank you, my dearie. I live for your amusement...and TEri's hatred!
          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
            I like Chloe Moretz, and they'll have to do quite a bit of makeup to make her look plain and/or ugly. I don't have a problem with a remake being done. I don't think the original can be topped, but as long as it's a good movie and faithful to King's book, I won't complain. At least it's been more than 30 years since the original, not a remake 4 years later.
            True, I have nothing against her as an actress(hello Kick Ass!) and I shouldn't count the TV movie(but I am) I would just like to see some King movies that have not yet been made in any form get a green light. Like the anthology you posted in another thread or perhaps Cell, From a Buick 8, anything! It just seems these days instead of doing anything original all we're hearing is talks about rehashing something that should be old news. What's next? The Shawshank Redemption?
            I have a love/hate relationship with remakes. Mostly hate. I refuse to watch certain ones out of pure stubbornness. Others I have viewed and admittedly have liked a couple. For me, it's personal opinion. If they mess with something I consider a classic then I huff and puff and won't watch. But that particular movie may not be a classic to someone else and they like the remake even better than the original. About the only good thing I can say about remakes is that maybe they introduce younger folks or someone new to a particular genre and perhaps that will help get something original made. Or they will at least go back and watch the classic original film.

Comment

I wish I could disagree with you.But I can't.Yes I can.As an assistant scout master I see great kids doing great things and helping out the local community just because they want to.So there is always hope.Now film makers need to get original.I am tired of all the remakes.Particulary the remakes of bad movies made worse.

Comment

Thank you, my dearie. I live for your amusement...and TEri's hatred!
                Thinking about me when I was not even here...how sweet

Comment

Teri & Squire - can you two get a freaking room !!!!!

Comment

just tryna make ya jelous thats all grant. we all know im really after you to get o your books. lol

Comment

Is that red grease paint or is Mr. Woot blushing!
                      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

But back to Carrie: I'm resigned to Hollywood making the originals look better with crappy remakes, but I really don't want to see another arm come out of the ground in the remake. The DePalma's version was going great until the ending. His film didn't need such a cheap trick.
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I'll not tell anyone if you don't Teri (I can always kid myself that it's my good looks and sizable bank account .. Oh, that's right, don't have either of these)

Comment

Well, if you sold all of your books you could probably have one of those...

But awesome books are better!

Comment

But back to Carrie: I'm resigned to Hollywood making the originals look better with crappy remakes, but I really don't want to see another arm come out of the ground in the remake. The DePalma's version was going great until the ending. His film didn't need such a cheap trick.
                              I doubt it will, since that's one of the best remembered things in the original and it wouldn't have the effect. But remember King loved that cheap trick, and it helped the movie sales a lot, and increased interest in King and kept his career flourishing, and arguably kick started his meteoric rise in the industry. Yes he was already doing well, but after the success of the movie versions of Carrie and The Shining, he went to whole new levels.
                              "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Working...
                              X