PDA

View Full Version : Another Contest!!!!

Dan Hocker
03-23-2012, 08:36 PM
Ok, so somewhere on this forum. I've hidden this little image:

http://forum.cemeterydance.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5678&d=1332534693

The first person to post a link to the post which contains the above image will win a prize. The prize is "No-Tip" copy of The Strain. No-Tip means that it does not have a signature sheet. The contest will run until someone finds the image. Happy Hunting!

Robert Fulman
03-23-2012, 09:22 PM
http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showthread.php?406-The-Random-Thread&p=4806&viewfull=1#post4806

Like that?

Teriw
03-23-2012, 09:29 PM
aww I Dont have time, it's super busy today. what does "No-Tip" copy mean?

Dan Hocker
03-23-2012, 09:29 PM
Man that was fast. If I might ask how did you manage to find it so quickly? Also shoot me an email and I'll enter an order to ship to you Monday.

srboone
03-23-2012, 09:31 PM
Be careful, Dan. This contest has put you in the rubber room!

Teriw
03-23-2012, 09:34 PM
I didn't think that was it cuz it wasnt under Dan's name.

srboone
03-23-2012, 09:38 PM
I was searching Dan's posts also. I'm wondering if there's a way to search new images posted.

bookworm 1
03-23-2012, 09:45 PM
Not now.Thanks Squire.:rolleyes:
I was searching Dan's posts also. I'm wondering if there's a way to search new images posted.

srboone
03-23-2012, 09:50 PM
What's that supposed to mean, BW. There was and Dan shut it off?:confused:

Teriw
03-23-2012, 09:52 PM
Dan needs to start contacting me prior to announcing contests just to make sure I am not too busy. lol

bookworm 1
03-23-2012, 09:55 PM
Knowing Dan Yes.:o
What's that supposed to mean, BW. There was and Dan shut it off?:confused:

Teriw
03-23-2012, 09:58 PM
if one were to click the paperclip for attachments on a threat you could see the names of the pictures. it would take way longer than it took him to get to a thread in writers corner on the third page though. but when u click the paper clip...the vampire is the only pic in the entire thread

srboone
03-23-2012, 09:58 PM
oops!

:(

Dan Hocker
03-23-2012, 10:01 PM
I am just curious, mostly so I can make future contests a lot harder. I added the picture to someone elses post to make it harder to find as well.

jimimck
03-23-2012, 10:07 PM
Aggghh! Nearly an hour searching dans posts!

Teriw
03-23-2012, 10:16 PM
I want to know how he did it. The thread was on the third page of the writers corner in a post from 2011. I was in the what's new checking the new posts. lol

Robert Fulman
03-24-2012, 12:11 AM
It was actually pretty easy. I do a lot of offline web browsing on my iPod Touch (no Wifi at work). Every night, I download the entire CD discussion forum (along with thedarktower.org, skcollector.com, and Grantland) so I can read stuff on my way to work. Tonight after work, I was browsing TDT.org live (I was home at the time), when Dan cross-posted about the contest. So, I backed up last night's version of the site onto my computer, and then downloaded the latest version. Then I wrote a pretty basic script (actually, I used Visual Basic for Applications running in an instance of Microsoft Excel; it wasn't very pretty) that compared the two different versions of all of the individual files (each page of each thread is a different file). There were only a handful of differences to look into, and I was able to find the correct post within about 20 seconds of running the macro. No sweat, really.

And if you believe all that, I have a bridge I'd like to sell you...

Teriw
03-24-2012, 12:16 AM
Thats your idea of easy? Sounds complicated unless your into that stuff which you clearly are. Also, in my book, it's cheating.

Dan Hocker
03-24-2012, 01:51 AM
Robert's just pulling your leg. He didn't find it that way. He just thought a bit outside the box and used my screw up to his advantage. As apparently you can search by attachment id. We're gonna try again on Monday, except I won't let it be nearly that easy next time. I'm still gonna give Robert a prize though, just not The Strain.

Robert Fulman
03-24-2012, 03:04 AM
It's hard to see, but the spoiler in my post says, "And if you believe all that, I have a bridge I'd like to sell you..." I don't know how to do the things I wrote; I don't even know if they are possible. And I don't own an iPod.

divemaster
03-24-2012, 03:21 AM
i don't know how to do the things i wrote; i don't even know if they are possible. And i don't own an ipod.

lol!

Teriw
03-24-2012, 05:27 AM
At least I won't be busy on monday since I don't work..unfortunately it may mean I am asleep.

Grant Wootton
03-24-2012, 06:02 AM
Just had to give you some rep points for the spiel, Robert - best (and biggest) shovel-load I've seen in quite a while on the CD site - well done !!!! :cool:

bookworm 1
03-24-2012, 05:21 PM
Shovel load my foot.Try pay loader full:D

peteOcha
03-24-2012, 09:12 PM
It was actually pretty easy. I do a lot of offline web browsing on my iPod Touch (no Wifi at work). Every night, I download the entire CD discussion forum (along with thedarktower.org, skcollector.com, and Grantland) so I can read stuff on my way to work. Tonight after work, I was browsing TDT.org live (I was home at the time), when Dan cross-posted about the contest. So, I backed up last night's version of the site onto my computer, and then downloaded the latest version. Then I wrote a pretty basic script (actually, I used Visual Basic for Applications running in an instance of Microsoft Excel; it wasn't very pretty) that compared the two different versions of all of the individual files (each page of each thread is a different file). There were only a handful of differences to look into, and I was able to find the correct post within about 20 seconds of running the macro. No sweat, really.

And if you believe all that, I have a bridge I'd like to sell you...

Bravo!! Love the spoiler! :)

And dammit Dan, no contests while I'm away on business trips! :)

Teriw
03-24-2012, 09:19 PM
the only part of it that didnt seem right to me was that he views it on his ipod because its hard to get an ipod to do anything it wasnt made to do. lol. God i hate apple. although if I had an Iphone I probably would have been able to see the spoiler. lol

peteOcha
03-24-2012, 09:25 PM
you can see the spoiler on anything, all you need to do is highlight it since he wrote in white colored text. I've done it a few times on here too! Scavenger hunt! Find that post and win my eternal ummmmm.... whatever. :)

Teriw
03-24-2012, 09:34 PM
my blackberry won't let me highlight inside the spoiler box

peteOcha
03-24-2012, 09:39 PM
phooey on that then! no option to even copy previously posted text?

Teriw
03-24-2012, 09:42 PM
I can copy anything as long as its not in that spoiler box. I dont understand why I cant but I also don't really care. lol