PDA

View Full Version : CD Signature Series

danny
05-07-2011, 04:47 PM
Love these little books, that pack a big punch! With great stories and exceptional art work these are a book con surer wet dream. :o

Martin
05-07-2011, 08:44 PM
I have to agree, I love the odd size and the additional artwork these books have. I have the first seven and will have book eight next week.
Love these little books, that pack a big punch! With great stories and exceptional art work these are a book con surer wet dream. :o

Brian James Freeman
05-08-2011, 03:03 AM
This series was pretty much Kate's idea and we've been really pleased with how the books have turned out. There are three more titles that are deep enough in production that they could be out this year if all goes well, but those projects don't have signed signature sheets or all of the artwork just yet, so we're waiting to announce them until we can be more sure of the publication dates.

Brian

Martin
05-08-2011, 04:59 AM
Possibly three more Signature Series this year, can't wait to see who the authors and artists are!

HorrorScribe
06-03-2011, 01:57 AM
I absolutely adore the Signature Series! First, they are some of the most beautiful books I've ever had the pleasure of owning. Second, the stories have been written by some of my favorite authors as well as other writers whose work I've been interested in reading. Third, this is my only complete set (so far) of a limited edition book series. I plan to keep it that way.

Authors I'd love to see included in future releases (in no particular order): Bentley Little, Tim Lebbon, Tom Piccirilli, Stephen King (something new, not a reprint), Brian Hodge, Joe Hill, T. M. Wright, Jack Ketchum, Christopher Golden, Scott Nicholson, Peter Straub (once again: something new, not a reprint), and the list goes on. Perhaps a few of these are covered in the three titles that are deep in production???

And a final note. Douglas Clegg, if you're out there and reading this, I very much look forward to receiving my copy of Mr. Darkness when it's published. But no rush as the anticipation is a major part of the excitement of this forthcoming release. For me anyway. I'm a very patient man. And I more fully appreciate well-written horror fiction when so much time and effort has obviously been expended on it. So thank you in advance!

Martin
06-03-2011, 04:30 AM
I will point out that Joe Hill was a contributer of the first book in the series. I would also add Ronald Kelly and Rick Hautala to the list of authors I would like to see in this series!
I absolutely adore the Signature Series! First, they are some of the most beautiful books I've ever had the pleasure of owning. Second, the stories have been written by some of my favorite authors as well as other writers whose work I've been interested in reading. Third, this is my only complete set (so far) of a limited edition book series. I plan to keep it that way.

Authors I'd love to see included in future releases (in no particular order): Bentley Little, Tim Lebbon, Tom Piccirilli, Stephen King (something new, not a reprint), Brian Hodge, Joe Hill, T. M. Wright, Jack Ketchum, Christopher Golden, Scott Nicholson, Peter Straub (once again: something new, not a reprint), and the list goes on. Perhaps a few of these are covered in the three titles that are deep in production???

And a final note. Douglas Clegg, if you're out there and reading this, I very much look forward to receiving my copy of Mr. Darkness when it's published. But no rush as the anticipation is a major part of the excitement of this forthcoming release. For me anyway. I'm a very patient man. And I more fully appreciate well-written horror fiction when so much time and effort has obviously been expended on it. So thank you in advance!

HorrorScribe
06-03-2011, 12:14 PM
I would also add Ronald Kelly and Rick Hautala to the list of authors I would like to see in this series!

Check out Ronald Kelly's website for some exciting news regarding his upcoming releases...

Several other authors who I forgot to mention in my previous post: Nancy A. Collins, Edward Lee, Graham Masterton, James A. Moore, Gary Braunbeck, Clive Barker, Nate Kenyon, Michael Laimo, Richard Matheson, Dean Koontz (as with King & Straub: something new, not a reprint), Bryan Smith, Robert McCammon, and Thomas Tessier. I could probably sit here for days adding to my Signature Series wish list. But I won't. Because I should be doing my actual job and not dreaming that some day these books will come. Sigh!

Justin Case
06-03-2011, 02:28 PM
Yes - I would love even a reprint of SK in such a series... maybe a more obsure title?

HorrorScribe
06-03-2011, 04:14 PM
Okay. A more obscure, uncollected King title would work for me. I'm sure there are still a few of those out there somewhere, especially the newer stories published since Just After Sunset.

danny
07-31-2011, 02:52 AM
Looks like the next in the series is Four Legs in the Morning by Norman Prentiss. Sweet!!! We still have very our own Brian James Freeman's DUELING MINDS coming and the Ronald Kelly projects!!!!Keep Rocking CD.

HorrorScribe
08-05-2011, 07:14 PM
Any other Signatures Series rumors floating around out there? I did come across info on the Norman Prentiss addition, but what I'd really like to learn more about is the current progress of Douglas Clegg's Mr. Darkness. Been very eager for that one.

danny
08-08-2011, 12:27 AM
Any other Signatures Series rumors floating around out there? I did come across info on the Norman Prentiss addition, but what I'd really like to learn more about is the current progress of Douglas Clegg's Mr. Darkness. Been very eager for that one.I have no new news on Clegg... Think I read somewhere James A. Moore has one for the series.

Brian James Freeman
08-08-2011, 01:41 PM
No news on the Clegg, but we'll post something as soon as Doug is done with the manuscript!

Brian

HorrorScribe
08-08-2011, 03:36 PM
Think I read somewhere James A. Moore has one for the series.

James A. Moore!!!!!!!! He's simply one of the best writers in the field right now. I'd love to see one by him. Of course, because of the length of these books, I tend to read them in one sitting. However, I love them so much that I re-read them over and over and over and...

Each and every Signature Series entry has been phenomenal so far, and I eagerly anticipate the series' continued growth.

bsaenz24
08-08-2011, 04:32 PM
Each and every Signature Series entry has been phenomenal so far, and I eagerly anticipate the series' continued growth.

Agreed!!! I think the Sinature Series is a a true high point in the CD book line and that is saying something!!

HorrorScribe
08-09-2011, 11:42 AM
Exactly! CD publishes only the finest books of the highest quality. One can't go wrong with any of their releases. I do enjoy the Signatures Series the most, however, due to the "bonus features" (all of the outstanding artwork embracing the story itself) and the quality of the authors who have contributed so far.

njhorror
08-16-2011, 08:23 PM
I'd like to see a Michael Marshall Smith sig series book.

danny
09-07-2011, 01:45 AM
Ordered:) #9

bsaenz24
09-07-2011, 02:13 AM
#9.........#9............#9..........#9.......#9.. ......#9

SUBLIMINAL
09-07-2011, 05:41 PM
#10:cool:

Norman Prentiss
09-07-2011, 11:14 PM
Ordered:) #9

Thanks, Danny! Really appreciate your order, and hope you like the book. (With Steve Gilbert's great art, and TONS of it, you can't go wrong!)

Norman Prentiss
09-07-2011, 11:15 PM
#9.........#9............#9..........#9.......#9.. ......#9

I'm hearing the scratch of a needle in vinyl grooves! :)

Norman Prentiss
09-07-2011, 11:28 PM
#10:cool:

Ha! Buy 'em all!!!

HorrorScribe
09-20-2011, 06:45 PM
I placed my order for #9 immediately. Should've really purchased a CD Signature Series lifetime membership when they were offered. Or were they? My memory doth not serve me so well at the moment...

danny
02-11-2012, 10:27 PM
Brian said, they should publish three more book in the series this year!

danny
02-16-2012, 11:32 PM
Was on the site an saw three new books announced. Brian Freeman, James a Moore and Mick Garris! So I ordered!!!!

Grant Wootton
02-17-2012, 12:48 AM
Me too, they sound great :cool:

Brian James Freeman
02-17-2012, 01:04 AM
To be officially announced tomorrow! Here is the special offer for those who want all three and want to order now:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/X_CDSS3PACK

(If you already ordered all three, just drop Mindy a line and she can discount your previously placed order. Or if you ordered 2 of them and want to add the third for just $9 more, you can email Mindy about that, too.)

I believe Dan will get official discussion threads for each book posted tomorrow when we officially announce the books. :)

Brian

Dan Hocker
02-17-2012, 01:14 AM
To be officially announced tomorrow! Here is the special offer for those who want all three and want to order now:

(If you already ordered all three, just drop Mindy a line and she can discount your previously placed order. Or if you ordered 2 of them and want to add the third for just $9 more, you can email Mindy about that, too.)

I believe Dan will get official discussion threads for each book posted tomorrow when we officially announce the books. :)

Brian

That I will.

danny
02-17-2012, 01:25 AM

BrianYou have an email about my order!!!

bsaenz24
02-17-2012, 01:51 AM
I'll say it again....I think outside of maybe Secretary of Dreams and Legacies....the Signature Series is one of the best ideas CD has had. I love most everything they do, but there is just something about the Signature Series!! More more more!!!

RJK1981
02-17-2012, 01:51 AM
Just ordered the 3 pack with CC coupon! Any info on hopeful release times?

This order just made my preorder list just up to 19 titles from CD and 2 from Lonely Road. 1 from Delirium as well. Might go up again soon too, we'll see

bsaenz24
02-17-2012, 01:52 AM
Brian

Dan doesn't have time!! He's still organizing a warehouse!!! ;)

Brian James Freeman
02-17-2012, 02:05 AM
Just ordered the 3 pack with CC coupon! Any info on hopeful release times?

Dueling Minds will be proofread in the next month or so, and Homestead and Tyler's Third Act will be designed within the next month. I'm aiming for summer pub dates for all three, but the signature sheets are always the x-factor. I'll post some updates when I have more info!

Brian

RJK1981
02-17-2012, 02:07 AM
Awesome, thanks for the quick response

Martin
02-17-2012, 02:15 AM
Ordered with my CDCC offer as soon as I got the email. Love the CDCC and the Signature series.