T.V. Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T.V. Shows

I plugged in the above and didn't find a thread for this type of thing. Just wanted a place to yap about the boob tube.

Has anyone been watching Face Off? This is the show where they make characters and creatures with latex and foam and paint etc... I really like watching the creativity these artists have to bring to the table very quickly. Some are successful and others are just bad.

I think my favorite challenge was the Burtonesque one where they had to create a Tim Burton-like character. I loved the bellhop.

Also tonight, Monster Man debuts, so I'll give it a look/see and decide if I'll continue to follow it.

What shows are you watching?
    "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

wow. The crickets are deafening. yikes.
    "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Comment

Haven't heard of either of those shows.

Comment

Well, I don't wacth much TV. Except for sports. I tried watching Once upon time and got bored with it; Grimm wasn't very interesting. Teh last series I watched faithfully was 24. I do watch a lot of the food network.
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I'll watch almost anything thats not reality. I'm tired of seeing 8 versions of the same shows. You don't needs 8 shows about making cakes or 8 shows about guys buying storage units. (8 is a random number but theres too many either way. could even be more than 8)

Comment

THanks for answering guys. I was starting to get a bit of a complex.

I don't even like the idea of those Storage Wars. They are feeding off of people who have fallen behind in payments on their storage lockers for whatever reason and they swoop in like vultures to feed off their carcasses and their stuff. Just watching the commercials break my heart because you just know these are cherished memories for someone that are now getting drooled over by greedy bidders who "win" the bid.

I like cooking shows too. And, I have to admit, I watch the Housewives of New Jersey. I can't help it. It's like I'm doing an anthropological study.

Did anyone see Psych the other night? It was a whole take-off on The Shining with nods to other horror flicks here and there. It was great.

Comment

I have to disagree on the storage thing though. If those people cared enough about their stuff they woulda paid their bill and if they couldnt pay it they coulda moved it elsewhere. The guys is running a business and he needs the space for someone who is going to pay. The guys doing the buying are not vultures either because if they didnt buy it someone else would or it would end up in the trash because the guys still needs his unit back to rent out.

Comment

Absolutely they are running a business. And I'm sure they were given plenty of opportunity to make good on their bill. I know the owner of the storage shed has to get his money one way or another, but it still seems a bit rough to me that people buy these sheds and get some real treasures. Sometimes the things in the sheds are worth a lot of money. I don't know, I just think about what the people are going through who are losing their stuff. I'm sure they have a story too. Some are probably just deadbeats, but there are the ones who might have had something beyond their control happen.

I just hope that if maybe someone has passed away or some type of situation that leaves them unable to communicate, I would hope every effort was made to try to find a relative to take care of things. Sometimes people have storage units and no one even knows about it. If someone isn't there opening their mail, they may not have the opportunity to get family heirlooms back.

I've just seen the commercials and the buyers are cutthroat and greedy IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Hedda Gabler View Post
                  wow. The crickets are deafening. yikes.
                  You should hear the frogs and/or toads outside in my neighborhood. I think they're horny.

I'm not keeping up on too many shows right now, but the can't miss show each week is The Big Bang Theory. I'm also caught up on the Walking Dead, Survivor, and Wipeout.
                  "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

I love to hear frogs, it reminds me of Maryland as a kid.

I watch Survivor also and I can't wait for Colton to get his lazy behind kicked off!

Comment

What shows are you watching?
                      None.
                      I hate watching shows on regular tv. Too many commercial interruptions.
                      Like others here, I usually collect complete seasons or series on DVD/BD and watch the whole thing in a couple of sessions.

Latest addiction: FRINGE.

sk

Comment

Nice addition, Siep! I keep holding off on this one but I probably shouldn't (might end up being a 7-10 season show like X-files.)
                        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I love to hear frogs, it reminds me of Maryland as a kid.
                          What part? That's where I am if you hadn't noticed.

Yeah, I don't know why they didn't get together last week and blindside Colton. Bill has said that it was what he was trying to do when he agreed to go to council. And that Alicia chick needs to go to, especially since they seem to be working together.
                          "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Oxon Hill -- many, many...many moons ago.

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                              Nice addition, Siep! I keep holding off on this one but I probably shouldn't (might end up being a 7-10 season show like X-files.)
                              I hope so.
                              The ratings aren't really spectacular so it's doubtfull there'll even be a fifth season.
                              Regardless, I really like this show.

sk

Comment

Working...
                              X