PDA

View Full Version : The Walking Dead

misery chastain loves co.
03-09-2012, 10:31 PM
Hello CD'ers :D

I apologize if I missed this somewhere but I did look around......

Who else on here schedules everything around Sunday night so you can sit back in your recliner, couch, iron maiden, wherever and watch this most excellent of shows?
I won't say much by of discussion now in case none of you do but I love dissecting(pun intended) this show!!

Teriw
03-09-2012, 10:56 PM
Probably no one because thats what DVR's, PVR's or whatever name a perticular person calls it, are for. You don't have to schedule anything around tv anymore.

Ben Staad
03-09-2012, 11:15 PM
Hello CD'ers :D

I apologize if I missed this somewhere but I did look around......

Who else on here schedules everything around Sunday night so you can sit back in your recliner, couch, iron maiden, wherever and watch this most excellent of shows?
I won't say much by of discussion now in case none of you do but I love dissecting(pun intended) this show!!

Probably no one because thats what DVR's, PVR's or whatever name a perticular person calls it, are for. You don't have to schedule anything around tv anymore.

I do but I certainly utilize the DVR on occasion. The second half of this year has completely rocked!

Teriw
03-09-2012, 11:45 PM
I'm pissed about the last ep...I'd say why but I dont know how to use spoiler tags. I'm sure you understand though.

03-09-2012, 11:56 PM
Lol! I wasn't being literal about the schedule, just wanted to start a discussion about one of the best shows ever! I hate to DVR the show though because I'm afraid I'll hear about something before I can watch it,

Teri-I don't know either I just type spoiler in large letters before I type anything. :)

Teriw
03-10-2012, 12:09 AM
I hate hearing stuff too but generally I only go to work and no one ever talks about shows for some reason here. then on facebook I have threatened everyone on several occasions not to post spoilers or they'll get deleted...for some reason it worked. ya'd think they wouldnt care if i deleted em since half of em are only acquaintances I did delete two people who kept doing it though...they are not missed.

03-10-2012, 12:58 AM
I hate hearing stuff too but generally I only go to work and no one ever talks about shows for some reason here. then on facebook I have threatened everyone on several occasions not to post spoilers or they'll get deleted...for some reason it worked. ya'd think they wouldnt care if i deleted em since half of em are only acquaintances I did delete two people who kept doing it though...they are not missed.

Hahahaha! Excellent! I like you! :) I'm the same way with that evil entity known as Facebook. I don't have a problem with the remove button if circumstances warrant it!

03-10-2012, 01:05 AM
SPOILERS!!!!!! DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN"T BEEN WATCHING!!!

As for the topic at hand, I was upset, but not overly surprised at Dale's demise. Just when Andrea started coming back around and even Shane let him have his say, you knew something was going to happen when he was walking around by himself in the dark pissed off at everyone. They have to pull off some shockers with the season coming to a close. I will miss DeMunn though, great actor. I am wondering how many people, if any and besides Carl, will feel guilty? Does anybody have any thoughts on what to do with Randall? Personally, (and I really am not evil) I think they should kill him or have already killed him. His group sounds like a scary scary bunch. I do not read the comics so I can't compare to the show. What I would love to see if the "townies" descend upon the "farmies" and lo and behold..there's Merle! he found their group and fit in famously. This would also put Daryl in one hell of a compromising position. Stay with the broken group or go with his brother....
I heard David Morrisey(whom I am not familiar with) has been cast as the Governor and according to my friends that do read the comics is one truly evil SOB. looking forward to that character!

Teriw
03-10-2012, 01:40 AM
When Dale got killed I seriously wished that Carl hadda died in the woods when he got shot. I am really starting to dislike that kid. Wishing he coulda been the one to put down Sophia and walking in the room and telling his dad to kill Randal. I thought he was gonna shoot Randal himself just before Shane caught him in the barn. It really annoys me how quickly he got so cold. Hopefully Dale being his fault will fix em.

03-10-2012, 01:49 AM
When Dale got killed I seriously wished that Carl hadda died in the woods when he got shot. I am really starting to dislike that kid. Wishing he coulda been the one to put down Sophia and walking in the room and telling his dad to kill Randal. I thought he was gonna shoot Randal himself just before Shane caught him in the barn. It really annoys me how quickly he got so cold. Hopefully Dale being his fault will fix em.

Agreed! I knew as soon as Carl walked into that damn barn that Rick wouldn't shoot Randall. I was displeased. Forget Lori's current pregnancy, Carl is Shane's kid! He wants to be him! Like you, I really thought he was going to shoot Randall himself in that first scene in the barn. Now, I kinda wish somebody freakin' had. I suppose if he wasn't there we wouldn't be talking about this though. lol.

srboone
03-10-2012, 03:19 AM
I usually wait for the season to come out on BD and then marathon it. Sunday nights are difficult nights for me to get any viewing done...

Teriw
03-10-2012, 05:24 AM
I don't think they should shoot him. They're no better than them if they do.

Grant Wootton
03-10-2012, 05:38 AM
I usually wait for the season to come out on BD and then marathon it. Sunday nights are difficult nights for me to get any viewing done...

I'm the same Squire - particularly with serialised stuff. Dexter, The Walking Dead, Falling Skies, Haven and Boardwalk Empire - I just buy the Blu-Ray and have at it (with no loss of continuity, which is an extra added bonus) :cool:

frik51
03-10-2012, 04:10 PM
I usually wait for the season to come out on BD and then marathon it.

I try to wait for a complete series..
Like I haven't watched a single episode of Lost yet.
I'm still planning on getting all seven (?) seasons on BD when Amazon comes with a deal I can't resist.

sk

srboone
03-10-2012, 04:12 PM
Only six seasons, Siep. They're all out on BD.

frik51
03-10-2012, 04:14 PM
I know they are, but I want a pretty good discount.

sk

srboone
03-10-2012, 04:15 PM
I haven't watched (or bought any either). I'm probably waiting for a good price too.

Teriw
03-10-2012, 04:41 PM
I was gonna watch it now that its over but since I know the ending it seems stupid.

srboone
03-10-2012, 04:52 PM
But it's the journey, Teri. Not only knowing what happens, but experiencing it. (I've read reviews of the seires finale, but they didn't make a lot of sense to me--having watched noe of the episodes.)

TerryE
03-12-2012, 04:43 PM
And Lost was one heck of a great journey. I loved watching it week in and week out wondering where it was going to go next. That's an experience you can't get with watching whole seasons after the fact. And it was a great water cooler show in that respect, too. Talking to the several co-workers that were watching also, and coming up with new theories as to what was going on, or where we thought it would go next.

As for The Walking Dead, I'm usually a week or two behind on that, but since (other than you guys) no one else I know watches, I don't feel left behind too much. I was also very upset by last week's ending. But it's more the fact of missing the actor DeMunn.
I've read the first 6 graphic novel collections and there hasn't been a lot of correlation between the 2, but if they're brining in the Governor next season, then something big is coming for the season finale. I won't say much, but in the comics the Governor is in charge of a town, and at that point in the story, Rick's group had found a prison to live in.

Robert Fulman
03-12-2012, 05:12 PM
I was gonna watch it now that its over but since I know the ending it seems stupid.Feel free to spoiler it, but what do you think the ending of Lost was? I am amazed at how many people watched six seasons of that show, and then found out what was going on in "the other half" of the last season and concluded that they were dead all along, and that the Island was purgatory/heaven/whatever..

TerryE
03-12-2012, 06:27 PM
Feel free to spoiler it, but what do you think the ending of Lost was? I am amazed at how many people watched six seasons of that show, and then found out what was going on in "the other half" of the last season and concluded that they were dead all along, and that the Island was purgatory/heaven/whatever..

That was one of the earliest theories, but the producers were adamant all along that the island was not purgatory. Now, the flash-sideways in the last season were definitely purgatory. I wasn't bothered by that, but the nature of the island was a bit of a letdown after all the leadup.

Tito_Villa
03-12-2012, 09:17 PM
Loved the last episode, can't wait for next week!

Teriw
03-12-2012, 11:00 PM
Omg to last nights episode. So stoked. Lol.

srboone
03-12-2012, 11:07 PM
<sigh> eventually season 2 will make it to BD...

Grant Wootton
03-13-2012, 06:44 AM
Right with you there Squire, our cable has only just started Season - I purchased the set online from the US (God, I love the Multi-Regional DVD age) as soon as it was released, so I had a head start on most here (always a good thing) :cool:

03-13-2012, 06:02 PM
SPOILERS!!!!!!

Oh my my my. They're killing me. Slowly. SIGH. This is what I love about this show though. As a non reader of the comics it's all new to me. I love how they keep you guessing and keep it fresh. I will be mourning the latest loss though. I'm not sure how surprised I am that Rick killed his best friend(or former bff). I suppose if Shane really was going to go through with his murdering of Rick it could be construed as self defense. Pretty sure he figured out that Shane killed Randy and that he has just slowly been coming apart at the seams. By the looks of next week, who else will be meeting their demise? :(
Now that the virus is apparently airborne(or perhaps always has been) I always just assumed the CDC doc told Rick that Lori was pregnant and promptly forgot him but maybe he said that they are all infected. Hmmm.....
Now that David Morrissey has been cast as the Governor I am anxious for next season as I hear that he is a nasty nasty man. I'm not sure who this David M person is but they have done a bang up job of casting so far!
I'd like to someday see Merle and Morgan again....

03-13-2012, 06:08 PM
SRBOONE- I know how you feel, I just don't have the patience to wait until the BD release! I bought season 1 and have watched it twice. Love seeing them back to back without commercial interruption but too many people I know watch the show and if I waited for the release all those damn facebook status updates would totally spoil it for me.

I agree with everyone on Lost! That was a great show.

srboone
03-13-2012, 06:27 PM
Simple enough solution; stay off facebook! Besides, the Tommyknockers might decide to improve it. Then all those users are @#$%@!:p

03-13-2012, 06:36 PM
Simple enough solution; stay off facebook! Besides, the Tommyknockers might decide to improve it. Then all those users are @#$%@!:p

Hahaha! I know. It really is an evil entity but somehow it just pulls....me....in....

03-13-2012, 10:14 PM
NOOOOOOOO!!!! I have Suddenlink cable and they're having some sort of problem with AMC about renewing their contract.The deadline is tomorrow night. Things are not looking good according to the email so I might not have AMC this Sunday for the finale!! :mad: *washes cryin' towel and dons black veil*

srboone
03-13-2012, 10:18 PM
Yeah, Time Warner Cable dropped a few channels I liked last year, but not AMC.

bookworm 1
03-13-2012, 11:23 PM
Only wathed part of season one.I like the comics but for some reason the show was not doing it for me.Never watched Lost.Tried to watch True Blood but found the books were better and with more continuity.Do not like AMC since most of the movies they now show are clasic trash.That and when they started going to comercials it stunk.Same with IFC.

Teriw
03-14-2012, 01:00 AM
NOOOOOOOO!!!! I have Suddenlink cable and they're having some sort of problem with AMC about renewing their contract.The deadline is tomorrow night. Things are not looking good according to the email so I might not have AMC this Sunday for the finale!! :mad: *washes cryin' towel and dons black veil*

I have never had AMC. Then again I dont pay for Cable at all. My parents do but I just get everything "other ways" since cable is just another unnecessary bill. But they don't have AMC either. I dont know if we don't get it in canada or if bell and eastlink just don't have it. Until HBO canada we didn't get that either but all of their movies/shows were and still are carried on The Movie Network/Movie Central (West coast)

rusty23
03-14-2012, 06:53 PM
Has anyone seen this? I would most definitely watch this...

Carlton Cuse, who along with Damon Lindelof executive produced and acted as showrunners of ABC's Lost, is boarding A&E’s The Bates Motel.

A&E is developing the series, being produced by Mark Wolper and Roy Lee, as a prequel to Alfred Hitchcock’s Psycho. The 1960 horror classic featured an off-his-rocker motel manager named Norman Bates who murdered occasional boarders while under the watch of his even-more-psychotic mother.

Bates Motel aims to tell the story of a young Bates and how his life with his deranged mother and her lover unhinged his mind, eventually turning him into a serial killer. It has been described as a cross between Twin Peaks and Smallville.

If the show is picked up to series, Cuse will executive produce and oversee the writing and production what is being envisioned intially as a six-episode “event" that would lead to additional seasons. It also marks the first “genre” TV project for Cuse since his acclaimed run on Lost.

Kerry Ehrin, who worked on Friday NIght Lights and Parenthood, also is joining Bates Motel as a writer/EP and will work with Cuse.

A&E is hoping the series can do for it what zombie drama The Walking Dead did for AMC, generating top ratings while initiating online water-cooler conversations.

Post-Lost, Cuse, with his Carlton Cuse Productions banner, is working in both TV and features. He recently turned in a draft of an untitled action-adventure for Hugh Jackman and Shawn Levy's 21 Laps for Fox.

srboone
03-14-2012, 06:59 PM
It's supposed be out in 2013 according to imdb.

Teriw
03-14-2012, 08:08 PM
Sounds good to me...we shall see.

Menace
03-15-2012, 01:25 PM
I have never had AMC. Then again I dont pay for Cable at all. My parents do but I just get everything "other ways" since cable is just another unnecessary bill. But they don't have AMC either. I dont know if we don't get it in canada or if bell and eastlink just don't have it. Until HBO canada we didn't get that either but all of their movies/shows were and still are carried on The Movie Network/Movie Central (West coast)

Teri ...Bell here on the east coast does not have AMC either ..Rogers does but I have Bell so I have to download the episode the next day after airing. Bell has better customer service and does not harrass me because I download all the time.. Rogers would call me and threaten to suspend my internet because I download too much. So i cancelled my phones, cable and internet and went with Bell a few years back.

Grant Wootton
03-15-2012, 05:18 PM
Woo Hoo !!!!!!!!!! After ignoring TWD last year, our cable provider has now picked up all three seasons and are playing them back to back on FX (with the Foxtel IQ option, and particularly given that they're ad free, we can record and watch at our leisure - man, I love cable !!!!) :cool:

bsaenz24
03-15-2012, 05:19 PM
Though I'm sure most people know. There has only been Season 1 and Season 2 first and second halves....no legit season 3 yet.

Teriw
03-15-2012, 08:38 PM
Teri ...Bell here on the east coast does not have AMC either ..Rogers does but I have Bell so I have to download the episode the next day after airing. Bell has better customer service and does not harrass me because I download all the time.. Rogers would call me and threaten to suspend my internet because I download too much. So i cancelled my phones, cable and internet and went with Bell a few years back.

I'm on the east coast as well and Bell is what the parents have. I'd probably be charged and not just threatened if i had rogers with the amount of downloading i do. Hope this new bill doesn't stop me...I actually can't afford Cable. Its Cable or internet and with internet basically I get both.

03-18-2012, 02:32 AM
Yay! Suddenlink came to an agreement. The finale WILL be viewed tomorrow night! I hope everyone enjoys it! Please post your thoughts, I'd love to hear them! :o

Ben Staad
03-19-2012, 01:04 AM
It is time! I will let the DVR run for another 5-10 minutes and then it is on!

Teriw
03-19-2012, 05:23 AM
No spoilers from me but awesome finale. And that last part with Andrea was a total shocker. Wtf. Lol. Can't wait for next season

srboone
03-19-2012, 05:27 AM
Can't wait forthe season to come out on BD!;)

jester05jk
03-21-2012, 01:52 AM
It looks like it should be swinging back around to the comics some. I'll be happy. Now to just read the novel before the next season starts.

TerryE
03-28-2012, 09:21 PM
Finally got to watch the finale. Jester is right, it does seem to be setting up 2 huge elements from the comics for next season. Without spoiling too much:

The hooded figure is a character called Michonne (and the casting has already been announce, I've seen the headlines). Their new home was the structure beyond the lake. And they've already announced casting for The Governor, which is another (much awaited) character and situation from the comics.

I guess even those who haven't watched know that the season finale had some deaths. I wasn't upset or too surprised by any of them. But there was one who I didn't even recognize as a regular character this season. I know it's an ensemble, but how can anyone be that far under the radar.

Teriw
03-29-2012, 06:36 AM
Who were you referring to as under the radar?

TerryE
03-29-2012, 12:48 PM
Who were you referring to as under the radar?

If you've already watched, check out the spoiler.

It was the guy driving the RV over to the barn to rescue Rick. I think it was Herschel's son, but I really didn't remember him from previous episodes.

Tito_Villa
03-29-2012, 12:59 PM
Yeah he was a minor character, i don't understand why he didn't lock the door???

TerryE
03-29-2012, 01:30 PM
Because it didn't fit in with the body count quota.

Have you ever driven an RV like that? You have to walk to the other side of the vehicle to do anything with the doors, and nothing is automatic. In that situation, if I jumped in, started the engine and took off, the 2 doors on the passenger side would be completely forgotten. And it was pretty obvious that every vehicle was open with keys in them, as security wasn't a concern on the farm. So I understand the unlocked doors.

Tito_Villa
03-29-2012, 01:35 PM
It was a shame for me though because his death obviously won't be the same as the comics!

Teriw
03-29-2012, 06:39 PM
If you've already watched, check out the spoiler.

It was the guy driving the RV over to the barn to rescue Rick. I think it was Herschel's son, but I really didn't remember him from previous episodes.

I forgot all about that guy til you just answered my question. I was like what is Terry talking about all the people who died were pretty important. Except one other guy who I shall not name because no one has explained to me how to use spoiler quotes yet.

TerryE
03-29-2012, 06:52 PM
Teri, I always find a post with a spoiler in it, copy the "spoiler part", paste it on my post and replace the "spoiler" text with what I want to hide. Otherwise it's [SPOILER (then an end bracket - ]) Your text [/SPOILER (then another end bracket - ])

Teriw
03-29-2012, 06:56 PM
Like this?

Teriw
03-29-2012, 06:56 PM
Got it, Thanks Terry. Didn't know it was basically the same as everything else on here. lol