Dumb Laws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dumb Laws

Thought i'd continue the trend of another thread. Theres not many canadian ones on the dumb laws website but heres a few..

Citizens may not publicly remove bandages

Wooden logs may not be painted.

If you are released from prison, it is required that you are given a handgun with bullets and a horse, so you can ride out of town

These are clearly not enforced. lol

So, if you had been given a hand gun with bullets and a horse when you were released from prison, would you have left town?

What were you in prison for anyway???
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Sure wouldnt leave but I REALLY shouldnt have painted that log

Comment

Juneau Alaska - Owners of flamingos may not let their pet into barber shops.

Comment

No, Teri, you shouldn't have, but you did, served your time, been given a horse and gun - the rest is up to you

P1010762.jpg

Comment

Quite a few years back, my cousin who lives in VA got out of the Marines & was heading back to college and working at a local Domino's. He was in his mid-20s and became quite taken with one of his co-workers who was 17. After dating a while he wondered what the local underage statutes might be, just to avoid trouble. So he looked up the Virginia laws. Apparently it's legal to have sex with a girl as young as 13, as long as you're married. That didn't apply. So a little further study found that sex outside of marriage is illegal, at any age, even consenting adults. I guess they aren't enforcing that either.
            "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
              Sure wouldnt leave but I REALLY shouldnt have painted that log
              So, were you the inspiration for the Log Lady on "Twin Peaks"?
              "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Age of consent here is 14, and honestly at 14 you are old enough to know what you want. you might regret it but your still old enough to know the consequences at that age before you make the decision. Then again there shouldn't be an age it should be judged on a case by case basis. Theres 14 year olds with the mind of a 5 year old out there.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
                  So, were you the inspiration for the Log Lady on "Twin Peaks"?
                  Holy Crap! You're right. Why didn't I see it before! But she would've only been a little sh...tyke at the time. Hmmmmm.....
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Twin Peaks?

Comment

You're kidding right? David Lynch TV series; '89-91'?

And the log lady:

"I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I was kidding, i've heard of it but have never seen it...i was 5. Most people my age wouldnt have heard of it though but seeing as all I ever do is watch "old" tv shows I knew.

Comment

Well, dearie, get a slice of cherry pie and put on a pot of coffee and spend a couple days in a TW marathon. It get's loopy in season 2, but it's time well spent. Though you'll need more than one slice of pie and more than one pot of coffee...
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I can say that I have had a slice of cherry pie at the cafe in the show. It was good too!

Comment

I loved, loved, loved "Twin Peaks". At the time, one of the most interesting shows to have appeared on TV.

Comment

Working...
                              X