PDA

View Full Version : Song of Susannah/Wolves of the Calla

Teriw
02-19-2012, 01:05 AM
Looking for the artist editions of both for a reasonable price. Having trouble finding them AT ALL. Found a site called Bettsbooks that has both, anyone ever buy from there before? They have a shitty site and no pictures. They also don't take paypal so I dont trust it.

jhanic
02-19-2012, 01:22 AM
Betts Books is one of the premier Stephen King sales sites. It was previously owned by Stu Tinker, who a few years ago sold it to David Williamson, who made it an online only site. Stu had a store in Bangor, Maine. You don't have to worry whatsoever about buying from Betts.

David is in the process of upgrading the site, but, as he has a regular job also, so he cannot put in the time that it deserves. Also, because he has the "real" job, sometimes he is a bit late in responding to emails, but he WILL get back to you.

I've bought a good number of items (mostly expensive) from Betts and never regretted it.

John

srboone
02-19-2012, 01:25 AM
I don't know what you consider a reasonable price. But if you try

abebooks: http://www.abebooks.com/

bilio: http://www.biblio.com/

alibris: http://www.alibris.com/

you should be able to find what you're looking for.

srboone
02-19-2012, 01:29 AM
I saw a Song of Susannah artists edition for around $150 on abebooks. I would consider that reasonable. Some booksellers might also be open to haggling. It can't hurt to try.

Teriw
02-19-2012, 01:34 AM
Betts was cheaper. but I'd called $150 reasonable as well.

srboone
02-19-2012, 01:44 AM
I've never tried Betts, tho I have been frustrated with their website also. If there was something I desperately wanted, I would call or email them about it.

Grant Wootton
02-19-2012, 04:30 AM
I'm with John - David from Betts is one of the best SK re-sellers I've had the pleasure to come across, ever. I've done business with him several times over the past few years, and have never had an issue, quite the opposite, he's helpful, courteous and you'll find his prices very reasonable. :)

Teriw
02-19-2012, 05:01 AM
Thanks for the info boys.

frik51
02-19-2012, 05:05 AM
Totally agree with Grant.
I've dealt with Betts a number of times - no complaints whatsoever.
Highly recommended.

sk

Martin
02-19-2012, 06:13 AM
I would agree with recommending Betts, but also add that I have had good luck with dealing with book sellers on Abebooks as well.

Grant Wootton
02-19-2012, 11:42 PM
I would agree with recommending Betts, but also add that I have had good luck with dealing with book sellers on Abebooks as well.

True, have only had one "bad" transaction, but I was refunded without question (not bad for upwards of 200 transactions, most of which were shipped form the US to Oz). Far better than eBay, which can be a can of worms on the odd occasion :)

bookworm 1
02-20-2012, 12:47 AM
True, have only had one "bad" transaction, but I was refunded without question (not bad for upwards of 200 transactions, most of which were shipped form the US to Oz). Far better than eBay, which can be a can of worms on the odd occasion :)Oz I thought you lived down under not in the merry old land of oz.:confused:No just kidding.I have never tried abe or betts but might.I do get frustrated with ebay at times but mostly not.

srboone
02-20-2012, 01:23 AM
Down Under Oz is where the oompah-loompah's live; Oz is where the muchkins live!:rolleyes:

My only ebay expereince was buying sp's Zodiac; they couldn't sell them on the website, so they reduced the price and sold 'em on ebay; since then, I've lost 7 bidding wars. Oh well--I stick with the "Buy it now" items.

Grant Wootton
02-20-2012, 06:22 AM
Down Under Oz is where the oompah-loompah's live; Oz is where the muchkins live!:rolleyes:

My only ebay expereince was buying sp's Zodiac; they couldn't sell them on the website, so they reduced the price and sold 'em on ebay; since then, I've lost 7 bidding wars. Oh well--I stick with the "Buy it now" items.

Phooey !!!!!!!!!!!!! 4387

Oh, and eBay's not really the place that I choose when looking for books to add to the collection - there are some goods buys, and there are some good people, however, most of the people that advertise a book for sale don't seem to really have a handle on exactly what sort of book they're trying to sell. No word a lie, I had one guy respond to my query regarding whether the book he was advertising at some ridiculous price was a 1st edition, and his response, was "I brought two other books before this one, so this is what, my 3rd edition?" ................. Jeez !!!!! Nope, ABE and Betts are the way to go :D

srboone
02-20-2012, 06:34 AM
I keep shaking my head at some of the searches you conduct online, Mr. Woot. Oompah-loompah wigs?:confused:

TerryE
02-20-2012, 02:12 PM
I don't think I've dealt with Betts since the ownership transfer, but they were wonderful when Stu was still around. If David is running things just as well (and everyone here seems to think so) then you'll have no problems at all.

frik51
02-20-2012, 03:04 PM
I met Stu a couple of times.
You couldn't meet a nicer guy.
The last time I was in Bangor, Betts had already closed for the day, but Stu must have seen the desperate expression on my face and let me in.
I ended up with a couple of juicy King collectibles.

sk

Teriw
02-20-2012, 05:40 PM
I wish the actual store still existed, I would love to actually see everything he has. I'd be in heaven. Not to mention if I saved up a shitload of money, then drove down i'd actually get a trip out of the money I woulda spent on shipping. lol.

Dave1442397
02-21-2012, 11:14 AM
David at Betts Books is great to deal with. He included a free set of 8x10 prints with the Centipede Press edition of 'Salem's Lot I purchased from him.