Song of Susannah/Wolves of the Calla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Song of Susannah/Wolves of the Calla

Looking for the artist editions of both for a reasonable price. Having trouble finding them AT ALL. Found a site called Bettsbooks that has both, anyone ever buy from there before? They have a shitty site and no pictures. They also don't take paypal so I dont trust it.

Betts Books is one of the premier Stephen King sales sites. It was previously owned by Stu Tinker, who a few years ago sold it to David Williamson, who made it an online only site. Stu had a store in Bangor, Maine. You don't have to worry whatsoever about buying from Betts.

David is in the process of upgrading the site, but, as he has a regular job also, so he cannot put in the time that it deserves. Also, because he has the "real" job, sometimes he is a bit late in responding to emails, but he WILL get back to you.

I've bought a good number of items (mostly expensive) from Betts and never regretted it.

John

Comment

I don't know what you consider a reasonable price. But if you try

abebooks: http://www.abebooks.com/

bilio: http://www.biblio.com/

alibris: http://www.alibris.com/

you should be able to find what you're looking for.
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I saw a Song of Susannah artists edition for around $150 on abebooks. I would consider that reasonable. Some booksellers might also be open to haggling. It can't hurt to try.
        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Betts was cheaper. but I'd called $150 reasonable as well.

Comment

I've never tried Betts, tho I have been frustrated with their website also. If there was something I desperately wanted, I would call or email them about it.
            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I'm with John - David from Betts is one of the best SK re-sellers I've had the pleasure to come across, ever. I've done business with him several times over the past few years, and have never had an issue, quite the opposite, he's helpful, courteous and you'll find his prices very reasonable.

Comment

Thanks for the info boys.

Comment

Totally agree with Grant.
                  I've dealt with Betts a number of times - no complaints whatsoever.
                  Highly recommended.

sk

Comment

I would agree with recommending Betts, but also add that I have had good luck with dealing with book sellers on Abebooks as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                      I would agree with recommending Betts, but also add that I have had good luck with dealing with book sellers on Abebooks as well.
                      True, have only had one "bad" transaction, but I was refunded without question (not bad for upwards of 200 transactions, most of which were shipped form the US to Oz). Far better than eBay, which can be a can of worms on the odd occasion

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
                        True, have only had one "bad" transaction, but I was refunded without question (not bad for upwards of 200 transactions, most of which were shipped form the US to Oz). Far better than eBay, which can be a can of worms on the odd occasion
                        Oz I thought you lived down under not in the merry old land of oz.No just kidding.I have never tried abe or betts but might.I do get frustrated with ebay at times but mostly not.

Comment

Down Under Oz is where the oompah-loompah's live; Oz is where the muchkins live!

My only ebay expereince was buying sp's Zodiac; they couldn't sell them on the website, so they reduced the price and sold 'em on ebay; since then, I've lost 7 bidding wars. Oh well--I stick with the "Buy it now" items.
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                            Down Under Oz is where the oompah-loompah's live; Oz is where the muchkins live!

My only ebay expereince was buying sp's Zodiac; they couldn't sell them on the website, so they reduced the price and sold 'em on ebay; since then, I've lost 7 bidding wars. Oh well--I stick with the "Buy it now" items.
                            Phooey !!!!!!!!!!!!! Halloween_Willy_Wonka_Oompa_Loompa_Wig.jpg

Oh, and eBay's not really the place that I choose when looking for books to add to the collection - there are some goods buys, and there are some good people, however, most of the people that advertise a book for sale don't seem to really have a handle on exactly what sort of book they're trying to sell. No word a lie, I had one guy respond to my query regarding whether the book he was advertising at some ridiculous price was a 1st edition, and his response, was "I brought two other books before this one, so this is what, my 3rd edition?" ................. Jeez !!!!! Nope, ABE and Betts are the way to go
                            Last edited by Grant Wootton; 02-20-2012, 07:28 AM.

Comment

I keep shaking my head at some of the searches you conduct online, Mr. Woot. Oompah-loompah wigs?
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                              X