Anyone into Creature-Features?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone into Creature-Features?

Finally got to watch BLACK SHEEP recently - a fun creature-feature and the DVD extras were fun too. Since this was recommended to me on another Board in 2007, I was thinking this Board may be a good spot to gather a list of other fun movies/TV shows that are worth watching.

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Sheep-Un...d_rhf_dp_p_t_1

btw, soon after watching Black Sheep, I caught a PBS travel program about New Zealand. The host was trying both cooked and raw sheep testicles . . . said they had a nutty flavour . . . no wonder the sheep get pissed.

A few other recent (within 5 years) fun creature-features are:

SLITHER

http://www.amazon.com/Slither-Widesc...4562309&sr=1-1

SPLINTER

http://www.amazon.com/Splinter-Paulo...d_rhf_dp_p_t_1

PIRANHA (3D)

http://www.amazon.com/Piranha-Elisab...8295238&sr=1-2

and THE MIST

Two creature-feature TV series (I watch the DVDs) that I'm crazy about are PRIMEVAL and SANCTUARY. Both have decent CGI/FX, scripts and acting.

Any other fans of creature-features that would like to expand this meager list?

Jan
    Not enough books . . . . . just too little time.

I like a good creature feature.

The Host--a Korean film--is an outstanding one.

Tremors is another one. The original, not any of the sequels.

It's not techically a "creature feature", but Of Unkown Origin is a excellent little thriller. It's about a large rat that invades Peter Weller's new brownstone in NYC. It's more of a modern Moby Dick with rats than anything else.

OfUnknownOriginTeaser.jpg
    Last edited by srboone; 02-18-2012, 06:28 PM.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

"I love you Starla."

Yes, I watch them. I tend to like the old black and whites better. The nostalgia of a giant ant just can't be beat.
      "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
        It's more of a modern "Moby Dick" with rats than anything else.
        So, it's a gay seamen story? Just being silly.

(No disrespect in that comment whatsoever. Feel the love wherever and with whomever you choose.)
        "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Comment

No offense taken, Hedda. The Pun may be the lowest form of humor (according to Samuel Johnson), but it is humor and should be enjoyed for what it is!
          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Oh good. It's hard being new in a community where so many diverse people reside. A person tries to judge the atmosphere by other's posts and humor -- personally, I can tell when humor is being silly and not meant in a hurtful way. But, as we all know, it can be misunderstood on a message board.

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
              I like a good creature feature.

The Host--a Korean film--is an outstanding one.

Tremors is another one. The original, not any of the sequels.

It's not techically a "creature feature", but Of Unkown Origin is a excellent little thriller. It's about a large rat that invades Peter Weller's new brownstone in NYC. It's more of a modern Moby Dick with rats than anything else.
              TREMORS is one of my faves. I even got a kick out of the sequels and the TV series - yes, I'm THAT sick.

Added THE HOST and OF UNKNOWN ORIGIN to my Netflix Queue - THANKS

Comment

Originally posted by Hedda Gabler View Post
                (No disrespect in that comment whatsoever. Feel the love wherever and with whomever you choose.)
                a/k/a "Not that there's anything wrong with that"

I have great memories of watching movies like THEM on Shock Theater - but BLACK SHEEP has more bite.

Comment

I personally enjoyed Splice
                  WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                  Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by JDar. View Post

Added THE HOST and OF UNKNOWN ORIGIN to my Netflix Queue - THANKS
                    OUO was one of those films I caught late nite on The Movie Channel and waited and waited for it to become available. For along time it was one of those fabled movies for me that I had seen only once, it got better in my mind the longer I didn't see it, and when I finally did, it was even better than I'd remembered! Hope you enjoy!
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
                      I forgot about that one; I liked it also--saw it twice in theaters!
                      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Missed seeing Splice in theaters but definitely had to get it from Netflix as soon as I could. Knew I would like it from watching the previews and wasn't disappointed.
                        WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                        Spoiler!

Comment

Adrien Brody and Jack White as brothers was a brilliant bit of casting!
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
                            Just added SPLICE to Netflix Queue - THANKS

Comment

Working...
                            X