PDA

View Full Version : [INDEXED]In Laymon's Terms

Dan Hocker
04-26-2011, 03:51 PM
http://www.cemeterydance.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/laymonk01.gifEditor: Kelly Laymon, Steve Gerlach, and Richard Chizmar
Artist: GAK
Page Count: 616
Pub. Date: Summer 2011
ISBN: 978-1-58767-096-1

In Laymon's Terms (http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/laymonk01)
edited by Kelly Laymon, Steve Gerlach, and Richard Chizmar

Cover artwork by gak
Photographs from the Laymon family albums

About the Book:
This massive, oversized tribute anthology for Richard Laymon features short fiction and personal remembrances from dozens and dozens of the biggest names in horror and Laymon's biggest fans. In addition, there are more than on hundred pages of "Rarities and Fan Favorites" from Richard Laymon's personal files — stories, interviews, and more, including a 17 page photo album personally selected by Ann Laymon. Several of these rare pieces were scanned directly from Laymon's original manuscripts and contain his handwritten corrections. Featuring more than 600 pages of fiction and essays written in honor of the man, author, and friend, In Laymon's Terms is personal, moving, and wildly entertaining. This is a unique hardcover that would have made Richard Laymon proud.

Table of Contents:
"Out with a Bang: Bare Feet and Bloody Gunshot Wounds" by Kelly Laymon
"The Most Important Things" by Richard Chizmar
"Dick Laymon dot com" by Steve Gerlach

Part One: Stories and Remembrances
"A Kind Word At the Right Time" by Don D'Auria
"Second Chance" by Norman Partridge
"Gotcha! Remembering Dick Laymon" by Norman Partridge
"Meeting Joanne" by Bentley Little
"A Laymon Remembrance" by Jack Ketchum
"Hotline" by Jack Ketchum
"A Laymon Remembrance" by Regina Mitchell
"The Pack" by Regina Mitchell
"Not Guilty By Reason Of Sanity" by Alan Beatts
"The Dick Would Be Pleased" by Brian Keene
"Castaways" by Brian Keene
"Meeting Richard Laymon" by Brian Freeman
"Loving Roger" by Brian Freeman
"A Tribute to Richard Laymon" by Ryan Harding
"Development" by Ryan Harding
"A Brief Memory" by John Urbancik
"Fauxville North" by John Urbancik
"Remembering Richard Laymon" by Jacqueline Mitchell
"Daddy Wound" by Jacqueline Mitchell
"A Laymon Remembrance" by Gary Brandner
"Campfire Story" by Gary Brander
"A Writer's Tale in Praise of Truth: An Appreciation of Richard Laymon" by Simon Clark
"Ham's Not There" by Simon Clark
"I Don't Know Dick" by Gina Osnovich
"Edge of Town" by Gina Osnovich
"A Laymon Remembrance" by Michael T. Huyck
"Deep Dawn's Jongleur" by Michael T. Huyck
"Secret Admirers and Pseudonyms" by Sheri White
"New York Comes to the Desert" by Tom Piccirilli
"A Laymon Remembrance" by Adam Pepper
"The Lonely Room" by Adam Pepper

Part Two: Rarities And Fan Favorites
Dick's College Poems -- scanned from the original typewritten documents (1960s)
"Desert Pickup" by Richard Laymon (1970)
"Smoker's Blend" -- scans of two issues written, designed, and edited by Richard Laymon (1971)
"Immediate Opening" by Richard Laymon (1979)
"Cuts!" by Richard Laymon -- a novelette (1985)
"Mystery Scene Interview With Author Richard Laymon" by Ed Gorman (July/Aug 1995)
"Herman" by Richard Laymon (1996)
"Boo" by Richard Laymon (2000)
"Pick-Up on Highway One" by Richard Laymon (2001)
"On The Set of Vampire Night" by Richard Laymon (2001)
17 Page Photo Album collected by Ann Laymon from the family's personal albums

Part Three: More Stories and Remembrances
"Aaron Spelling Would Be Proud" by Matt Schwartz
"A Laymon Remembrance" by Steve Gerlach
"The Dead of Night" by Steve Gerlach
"A Laymon Remembrance" by James Futch
"Cover" by James Futch
"A Laymon Remembrance" by Mike Oliveri
"Behavior Therapy" by Mike Oliveri
"Richard Laymon, in Memoriam" by Rain Graves
"Wild Card" by Rain Graves
"A Laymon Remembrance" by John Pelan
"Another Saturday Night" by John Pelan
"Inspiration, Determination, & Mutilation by Robert Freese
"Pushing Buttons" by Donn Gash
"A Laymon Remembrance" by William D. Carl
"Dig" by William D. Carl
"A Laymon Remembrance" by Holly Newstein & Ralph Bieber II
"Prayers" by Holly Newstein & Ralph Bieber II
"A Laymon Remembrance" by Mark Justice
"The Red Kingdom" by Mark Justice
"A Laymon Remembrance" by Bryan Smith
"Pizza Face" by Bryan Smith
"Remembering Richard Laymon" by Kimberley Hill
"The Real Genius of a Sick Mind: A Richard Laymon Remembrance" by Brett McBean
"The Genius of a Sick Mind" by Brett McBean
"My Thoughts on Richard Laymon" by Sébastien Pharand
"Little Monsters" by Sébastien Pharand
"A Laymon Remembrance" by Jonathan Torres
"Bestiality" by Jonathan Torres
"A Laymon Remembrance" by Ron R. Clinton
"The Diner" by Ron R. Clinton
"Remembering Dick Laymon" by Troy Taylor
"The Keepsake" by Troy Taylor
"A Laymon Remembrance" by Brent Zirnheld
"Coastal Pickup" by Brent Zirnheld
"Gorgeous! Beguiling! Lethal!" by Nicole Cushing
"Scabby Nipples and Sharp Teeth" by Nicole Cushing
"A Laymon Remembrance" by Weston Ochse
"Crashing Down" by Weston Ochse
"A Laymon Remembrance" by Michael McCarty & Mark McLaughlin
"From the Bowels of the Earth" by Michael McCarty & Mark McLaughlin
"Still Life, With Mother" by Robert Morrish
"Laymon's Legacy" by Roger Range
"Scavengers" by Roger Range
"A Laymon Remembrance" by Patricia Lee Macomber
"Past Tense" by Patricia Lee Macomber
"My Laymon Remembrance" by Philip Robinson
"Occupied" by Philip Robinson
"A Laymon Remembrance" by Jim Hillman
"For the Light" by Jim Hillman
"Trying To Keep This Under Three-Quarters-Of-A-Million Words" by Geoff Cooper
"Strangers: Good Friends and a Bottle of Wine" by Geoff Cooper
"A Laymon Remembrance" by Edward Lee
"Chef" by Edward Lee
"A Dream" by Matt Johnson

Published in three states:
Trade Hardcover Edition bound in full-cloth and Smyth sewn with full-color dust jacket artwork ($50)
Slipcased Hardcover Limited Edition of 400 signed and numbered copies bound in full-cloth, Smyth sewn, and signed by most of the contributors ($150)
Traycased Hardcover Lettered Edition of 52 signed and lettered copies bound in leather and Smyth sewn with a satin ribbon page marker ($400)

Production Status:
At the printer. We can't set a firm publication date yet because we'll need the real books for our slipcase and traycase makers due to the high number of signature sheet tip-ins because we want them to get the sizing just right, but we expect to publish the trade edition in early summer with the signed editions to follow in the fall. Due to the heavy weight, we have to charge $10 shipping for US orders.

MikeG
05-04-2011, 09:19 PM
Another one that I have been waiting for a long time.

Dan Hocker
05-04-2011, 10:47 PM
Another one that I have been waiting for a long time.

Brian hasn't made the official update yet, but we just received the approval copies of the all 3 editions today. They are going to be beautiful books. It'll still be a little while yet though, as we need to have the cases made. But I think the wait will have been worth it once you see this book.

Antmusic
05-05-2011, 02:14 AM
oh joy oh joy oh joy!

Martin
05-05-2011, 07:45 PM
THe long wait is almost over for this one!

bsaenz24
05-05-2011, 09:38 PM
Very much looking forward to this one!!!

PaulB
05-06-2011, 12:41 AM
Excellent news. Sounds like a huge book and one I am keenly anticipating.

Brian James Freeman
05-09-2011, 04:29 AM
The slipcase for the limited edition is going to be awesome. We picked a material and color I don't think we've ever used before.

maxwallnut
05-11-2011, 10:48 AM
As a recent Laymon convert, I can safely say I've been a Laymon fan for a long time, I just didnt know it! Some of his stories I've read without his name registering, in anthologies like YEARS BEST HORROR, and BOOK OF THE DEAD, NIGHT VISIONS, and other assorted collections. I picked up my first paperback in a used bookstore last year and have been scowering old paperback outlets ever since. I dont feel safe without at least three LAYMON books on the top of my reading stack. so yes! I'm going to start saving up for this one right away! ( i used to LIKE going camping!)

Martin
05-11-2011, 02:58 PM
If you have not read The Traveling Vampire Show you owe it to yourself to get your hands on this book.
As a recent Laymon convert, I can safely say I've been a Laymon fan for a long time, I just didnt know it! Some of his stories I've read without his name registering, in anthologies like YEARS BEST HORROR, and BOOK OF THE DEAD, NIGHT VISIONS, and other assorted collections. I picked up my first paperback in a used bookstore last year and have been scowering old paperback outlets ever since. I dont feel safe without at least three LAYMON books on the top of my reading stack. so yes! I'm going to start saving up for this one right away! ( i used to LIKE going camping!)

folgersnyourcup
05-13-2011, 02:20 AM
Wow, definitely gonna order this one. I need to come out from under my rock...This is the first I have ever heard of this author....and from the sound of it I need to find out what I've been missing!

Dan Hocker
05-17-2011, 05:19 PM
"Richard Laymon, who was known for his lean, mean horror fiction, died in 2001 at age 54. This substantial memorial anthology features photos, fiction, and interviews from his archives, as well as scores of essays and stories written in homage to his work. Best known as a novelist, Laymon also perfected what Norman Partridge calls the "gotcha!" twist-ending tale, epitomized in the classic "Desert Pickup" (reprinted here, and the model for other top fiction contributions, including Jack Ketchum's "Hotline" and Gary Brandner's "Campfire Story"). The common sentiment of the remembrances, most written by young horror writers, is that Laymon was a helpful mentor, and that his work was greatly under-appreciated due to its hefty quotient of sex and violence. The editors have produced a discerning memorial to a fine and influential writer."
— Publishers Weekly

Here's the new review of In Laymon's Terms from Publishers Weekly. It's a pretty great review.

Martin
05-17-2011, 05:57 PM
I am so happy this one is nearing completion. Richard Laymon is an author that I discovered through Cemetery Dance and I still remember getting an email from CD stating that Mr. Laymon had passed away. I believe I had just completed reading Cut's. When I think of the Richard Laymon stories I have read I am always struck by how versatile he was. When you compare Cut's, The Traveling Vampire Show and The Halloween Mouse it is hard to picture those three stories coming from the same mind.

srboone
05-17-2011, 07:19 PM
I only discovered Laymon thru CD (a little over a year ago). But he seems to have been one a kind in the horror world; someone worthy of such memorialization. I can't wait!

darkdiscoveries
05-24-2011, 01:11 AM
Very much looking forward to this one as well!

- James
http://darkdiscoveries.com

Dave1442397
05-25-2011, 02:49 PM
It's great to see the end in sight for this project. I just checked my book spreadsheet and I see that I ordered this one back on 05/09/08.

If you're new to Laymon or just don't have many of his books, I'd highly recommend looking for the UK trade paperback editions of his books. They usually had three titles bound in one paperback, and I remember seeing them in Waterstone's for around 15 Euro a few years back. I didn't buy them at the time because I had no idea which books I already had at home in NJ.

EricTheRed
05-27-2011, 03:19 PM
Just placed my order for this one. Been hearing about this book for years! Can't wait to see the final results of this massive tome!

theenormityofitall
06-05-2011, 07:01 AM
I bought a lot of Laymon's early novels when he was only being published in Britain...most are signed and some have generic inscriptions. I understand Funland is worth around $500 or so to Laymon collectors.
I'm pretty anxious myself to see what this new book will look like.

vampduster
06-05-2011, 12:50 PM
I own an unsigned UK 1st HC of Funland, but would welcome a cool CD limited edition of it and Night-Show which to my knowledge hasn't appeared in HC.

theenormityofitall
06-06-2011, 08:38 PM
I bought a lot of Laymon's early novels when he was only being published in Britain...most are signed and some have generic inscriptions. I understand Funland is worth around $500 or so to Laymon collectors.
I'm pretty anxious myself to see what this new book will look like.

I know a guy who might be interested in some of those Laymon books you have? He also has an uncorrected proof of Funland. My copy was kept in a plastic bag ever since I got it so it doesn't have all the papers browned like most others do. Headline used some crappy paper back then.

I hope it's not against the rules to post that (I mean the about the guy who's a Laymon freak).

bsaenz24
06-06-2011, 08:48 PM
I hope it's not against the rules to post that (I mean the about the guy who's a Laymon freak).

Nope, I don't think it's against the rules to call someone a freak!!! ;)

theenormityofitall
06-07-2011, 07:07 PM
lol

HorrorScribe
06-08-2011, 11:36 AM
I discovered Laymon around 2003 through my (then) new subscription to the Leisure Books mass market paperback horror line. I became an instant fan and eagerly anticipated any of his books around which I could wrap my greedy little hands. As much as I'm eager to receive my copy of In Laymon's Terms, it's going to be a bittersweet moment as I lament the fact that this great man is gone. Though I never met you and, sadly, didn't discover you until after your passing, I appreciate your significant contributions to the horror genre, Mr. Laymon. I sincerely believe that In Laymon's Terms will be an awesome tribute to the man and his works.

Thad Linson
06-12-2011, 02:29 PM
I found Laymon through the Leisure stuff, too. There must be quite a few Brits here in Columbus, because every now and again I'll find either a British edition paperback or a British edition trade with two of his books in the trade. The only one of those I bought had a book I'd never heard of, Midnight's Lair. Now I can't wait to find another batch of these trades.

I also ordered In Laymon's Terms, but I waited until CD announced the book was actually at the printer's.

WesleySouthard
06-13-2011, 04:04 AM
I've always considered Island to be my favorite. It was my first novel by him, and definitely not my last.

Martin
06-13-2011, 03:12 PM
The Island is #2 on my list of Laymon books. As good as the Island is I like The Traveling Vampire Show better.
I've always considered Island to be my favorite. It was my first novel by him, and definitely not my last.

WesleySouthard
06-13-2011, 10:06 PM
I liked Vampire show, but I thought Laymon went on a bit too much about little details that didn't add anything to the story. If I remember correctly, there was a scene where the main character went looking for his girl friend (can't remember her name) with his brother's girlfriend, and it took him two or three paragraphs to describe how he opened a truck door, hopped into the truck, closed the door, buckled in, locked the door, ect. It started to get on my nerves.

jonah
06-20-2011, 06:25 PM
I have to say that I could not be more excited for a book. I have waited a while for this one and like I have always said, I am glad time was taken on it to get it right. I would rather wait a long time and have it perfect then have it rushed and be so - so. I have one of each edition ordered and can't wait to see the three of them on a shelf, side by side.

Great work to everyone involved to get this book made.

HorrorScribe
06-21-2011, 02:14 PM
I found Laymon through the Leisure stuff, too.

My first Leisure Laymon novel was Darkness, Tell Us. I became an instant fan. To choose a #1 favorite would be fairly impossible for me, however. All of his books that I've read have their merits. But the best of bunch in my opinion include: Darkness, Tell Us; the Beast House Chronicles (all four of them); One Rainy Night; and Night in the Lonesome October. I still have a handful left to read, so I'm sure my "best of" list will continue to grow as I track down British editions and such.

RJK1981
06-21-2011, 06:04 PM
Finally decided to go ahead and order this one since I had a coupon to use and looking forward to receiving it

theenormityofitall
06-22-2011, 08:46 PM
The Woods Are Dark which I still have as the first edition, was the very first Laymon title I read. I liked it then later read The Stake, which I didn't care for. Like King and I suppose all authors, he wrote some very good books and some not so good books. But he was the only author I've ever met and it was in the Chicago area in the 90's...super nice guy! I asked him to sign a book of mine and he not only did that, he wrote a personal inscription just on his own and dated it. I already had many of his books with generic inscriptions, but I don't know how many authors would do that (not a lot I'm guessing....personally inscribe a book without me even asking), and that was one of the reasons I was sho shocked that he died so suddenly 10 years ago. And died young, like all the good guys seem to do.

Dan Hocker
06-23-2011, 08:06 PM
http://www.cemeterydance.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/laymonk01.jpg

This is the discussion thread for the In Laymon's Terms announcement

CLICK HERE to purchase this product (http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/laymonk01)

CLICK HERE to view the announcement (http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showthread.php?546)

Dan Hocker
06-23-2011, 08:06 PM
http://www.cemeterydance.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/laymonk01.jpg

Featuring Norman Partridge, Bentley Little, Jack Ketchum, Brian Keene, Gary Brandner, Steve Gerlach, Geoff Cooper, Edward Lee, and dozens and dozens of other great authors!

In Laymon's Terms
edited by Kelly Laymon, Steve Gerlach, and Richard Chizmar

In Laymon's TermsCover artwork by gak
Photographs from the Laymon family albums

About the Book:
This massive, oversized tribute anthology for Richard Laymon features short fiction and personal remembrances from dozens and dozens of the biggest names in horror and Laymon's biggest fans.

In addition, there are more than on hundred pages of "Rarities and Fan Favorites" from Richard Laymon's personal files — stories, interviews, and more, including a 17 page photo album personally selected by Ann Laymon. Several of these rare pieces were scanned directly from Laymon's original manuscripts and contain his handwritten corrections.

Featuring more than 600 pages of fiction and essays written in honor of the man, author, and friend, In Laymon's Terms is personal, moving, and wildly entertaining. This is a unique hardcover that would have made Richard Laymon proud.

"Richard Laymon, who was known for his lean, mean horror fiction, died in 2001 at age 54. This substantial memorial anthology features photos, fiction, and interviews from his archives, as well as scores of essays and stories written in homage to his work... The editors have produced a discerning memorial to a fine and influential writer."
— Publishers Weekly

CLICK HERE to order this product (http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/laymonk01)

CLICK HERE to discuss this announcement (http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showthread.php?545)

Dave1442397
06-30-2011, 04:55 PM
I couldn't resist. I just ordered one even though I'm waiting for the limited...I have to read this asap!

RJK1981
06-30-2011, 07:24 PM
Looking forward to this arriving

fleggett
07-01-2011, 02:39 AM
I'm a little reticent about asking this, but is there any projected street date for the lettered? I secured a lettered copy through an extremely kind third party, hence my interest.

argendeli
07-01-2011, 03:41 PM
My copy arrived yesterday. A very nice production job by CD.

srboone
07-06-2011, 11:39 PM
100 pages into In Laymon's Terms and I'm quite impressed. I went out and bought a mess of his paperbacks (I've only read His Beast House Trilogy and The Woods are Dark). This was reallly a labor of love for all involved. Kudos!:cool:

And it was nice to see Mindy's name in the dedication!

RJK1981
07-06-2011, 11:47 PM
Can't wait to get this one, should be here Friday

srboone
07-06-2011, 11:51 PM
When I first ordered from CD, I would get emails about an order of mine that had just shipped. A week later, it would be on my doorstep. Lately, I've been getting the e-mails one day and then the next day, they show up. I wasn't expecting ILT until Friday also.

Dan Hocker
07-07-2011, 02:23 AM
When I first ordered from CD, I would get emails about an order of mine that had just shipped. A week later, it would be on my doorstep. Lately, I've been getting the e-mails one day and then the next day, they show up. I wasn't expecting ILT until Friday also.

I swear that has nothing to do with us being a little slow on getting the shipping confirmations sent out.....

peteOcha
07-07-2011, 07:42 AM
I swear that has nothing to do with us being a little slow on getting the shipping confirmations sent out.....

Then I'm hoping my order shipped earlier than the confirmation email. :) that would be nice.

srboone
07-07-2011, 09:47 AM

I could be Excite. I've had problems with them before. I wasn't suggesting it was with CD. And it doesn't really bother me. It's not just CD, other specialty press sites shipping notices are the same way. Doesn't happen with Amazon, tho.

Dan Hocker
07-07-2011, 02:29 PM
Oh no it is diffidently us. We probably only send them 2 times a week at best. With ILT though, most of those where shipped last week, but I don't think any of the shipping confirmations where imported and shipped till I got back from vacation. So probably 95% of those where shipped out the door by last Friday but shipping notices weren't sent till Tuesday.

Dan Hocker
07-07-2011, 02:31 PM
Then I'm hoping my order shipped earlier than the confirmation email. :) that would be nice.

Your's may have. It depends how long ago you ordered it and whether or not you had already paid postage.

srboone
07-07-2011, 04:09 PM
Either way, no sweat Dan. Hope you enjoyed your vacation!

Dan Hocker
07-07-2011, 04:49 PM
Either way, no sweat Dan. Hope you enjoyed your vacation!

I did, thanks. Also I wasn't sweating it, mostly laughing at ourselves.

EricTheRed
07-15-2011, 02:39 PM
Wow this is one massive tome! Very impressed and well worth the wait!

darkdiscoveries
07-16-2011, 04:22 AM
It's a pretty cool book! Been enjoying it myself as well. We also have a review of it up on the Dark Discoveries website now:

http://darkdiscoveries.com/blog/category/reviews/

- James
http://darkdiscoveries.com

PaulB
07-16-2011, 07:26 AM
Just received notification that my copy has been shipped.really looking forward to this. Particularly interested in ready about the man and the remembrances of others.

theenormityofitall
07-26-2011, 04:44 AM
I hope the limited hasn't been shipped because I don't have mine. I guess I have to look at the updates....

RJK1981
07-26-2011, 04:49 AM
I think they are waiting for the slipcases on the limiteds

Dan Hocker
07-26-2011, 12:56 PM
I think they are waiting for the slipcases on the limiteds

This is correct. I'm thinking it shouldn't be too terribly long on the slipcases, but I'll have to confirm that one with Brian as I don't deal with the manufacturer.

Brian James Freeman
07-26-2011, 03:24 PM
In Laymon's Terms edited by Kelly Laymon, Steve Gerlach, and Richard Chizmar:
Trade hardcover edition is in-stock now and the signed Limited Edition by the end of summer when the slipcases are completed..

Dan Hocker
07-26-2011, 04:32 PM

Thanks Brian!

peteOcha
07-26-2011, 07:10 PM

'Nuff said!

:)

Dave1442397
07-27-2011, 11:20 AM
I got my trade edition yesterday. I forced myself to finish two other books yesterday before starting it, but it's an impressive tome.

Martin
07-30-2011, 03:16 AM
I got my address confirmation email for the Limited edition. I am really looking forward to having this book in my hands.

theenormityofitall
07-31-2011, 07:04 PM
Wow! I don't know if this is the proper thread to put this...but I went through just one of my book boxes, and found several Laymon Limiteds I didn't know I had! The Midnight Tour, The Beast House, The Cellar and even a lettered edition of Friday Night in Beast House. What an odd lil book it is. I can't remember buying that one. How did I get a letttered version?? It's QQ.
Anyone know if it's worth anything? I have The Halloween Mouse too. I have to do some more digging around.

Antmusic
08-01-2011, 02:56 AM
Do some eBay searches and you'll get a general idea, theenormityofitall. Sometimes the Laymon limiteds go for big bucks (like "The Wilds"). Most go for at least the cover price unless their condition is marred (torn dust jacket, ex-library, etc).

Dan Hocker
08-05-2011, 04:15 PM
The Limited Edition of ILT will probably start shipping on Monday. Until then here are 2 pictures of the slipcase to show off the cool texture. Again sorry if they are bad pictures, they where taken with my phone.

Brian James Freeman
08-05-2011, 04:35 PM
I absolutely love this and the Dark Del slipcase. They're very, very cool.

Brian

Dave1442397
08-05-2011, 04:45 PM
^^^^ Thanks, Dan! I've finished reading the trade edition, which was a fantastic tribute to Laymon. I'm looking forward to having the Limited on my shelf too.

After reading this one, I managed to track down a copy of A Writer's Tale, which is also well worth reading if you're a Laymon fan. I need to sort out all my Laymon books and see which ones I don't have. In some cases, the UK edition is by far the better choice, according to Laymon's story notes.

bsaenz24
08-05-2011, 05:21 PM
That slipcase reminds me of the one for Bad News, which is one of my favorites!!!

Dan Hocker
08-05-2011, 05:27 PM
That slipcase reminds me of the one for Bad News, which is one of my favorites!!!

We actually wanted to use the same texture as the Bad News slipcase for ILT, but they changed it to a special order, and to get the minimum ammount you had to order we would've had to do every slipcase we make for the next 3 years in that material...... :rolleyes:

Brian James Freeman
08-05-2011, 05:32 PM

I'm glad someone noticed so quickly -- that was the plan! :) I really hope collectors find the book to be worth the wait. The final production values are spectacular and I'm thrilled with how it turned out!

Brian

peteOcha
08-05-2011, 09:27 PM
Wow, another fantastic slipcase! Yeah, it does look like the one for Bad News.

theenormityofitall
08-06-2011, 04:38 AM
I'm glad someone noticed so quickly -- that was the plan! :) I really hope collectors find the book to be worth the wait. The final production values are spectacular and I'm thrilled with how it turned out!

Brian

I must be missing something...what's "Bad News"?

theenormityofitall
08-06-2011, 04:38 AM
I want my limited copy!! I want to read that one but I'm worried I'll smudge it in some way.

Martin
08-06-2011, 04:54 AM
Bad News is an anthology edited by Mr. Laymon and published by CD over a decade ago.

Martin
08-06-2011, 04:55 AM
GOt my shipping confirmation on the Limited today!

PaulB
08-06-2011, 10:17 PM
I had not heard of Bad News before this particular thread but a quick look on google has now made this one book I am going to try and track down. However...looks like I could be having to wait a while given some of the prices I have seen. (Oh well if the US dollars keeps going maybe I will be able to afford it.:D)

theenormityofitall
08-07-2011, 02:59 AM
Bad News is an anthology edited by Mr. Laymon and published by CD over a decade ago.

Wow. I'm shocked I didn't buy that book?? I always bought R. Laymon's stuff, at least what I could afford at the time, but I don't even recall the title.

theenormityofitall
08-07-2011, 03:00 AM
GOt my shipping confirmation on the Limited today!

You did?? I didn't get mine?

theenormityofitall
08-07-2011, 03:05 AM
I had not heard of Bad News before this particular thread but a quick look on google has now made this one book I am going to try and track down. However...looks like I could be having to wait a while given some of the prices I have seen. (Oh well if the US dollars keeps going maybe I will be able to afford it.:D)

I found my limited edition of The Cellar a few days ago...is it worth more than The Cellar? I can't believe the price that book is going for. And how about the lettered version of The Halloween Mouse...anyone here know how much it's going for? I bought mine fairly cheap. I also have Wilds since I remember buying the first 7 or so of the Signature Series, but then missed out on one (I was hoping CD would announce an upcoming title and they didn't at that time or I wouldn't have missed out). Then I must have developed money problems so I fugured since I missed out on one, there was no point in continuing to buy anymore.

Martin
08-07-2011, 05:47 AM
I passed on Bad News wen it came out and have regretted it since. I will some day add it to my collection.

theenormityofitall
08-08-2011, 04:56 AM
Has the limited of this book shipped or not? And if so, why didn't I get an email??

Dan Hocker
08-08-2011, 01:08 PM
Has the limited of this book shipped or not? And if so, why didn't I get an email??

No not yet. If anyone got a confirmation, it is probably because their Dark Delicasies was on the same order as their In Laymons Terms. As I said earlier ILT will not be shipping till either today or tomorrow. Also remember just because one person get's their shipping confirmation doesn't mean they've all shipped. Usually it takes 2-3 days to ship all the books for a book with a run about this size.

Martin
08-10-2011, 10:25 PM
Looks like my copy has left the CD offices and is scheduled to reach me on August 17th!

Dave1442397
08-11-2011, 12:09 PM
I got my shipping confirmation for the Limited edition yesterday. It should show up this week, as I'm not that far from the CD warehouse.

Antmusic
08-11-2011, 11:57 PM
I'm so Excited! Excited! Excited! BIG TIME EXCITED! (and I just can't hide it)

theenormityofitall
08-12-2011, 04:50 AM
Yeah, I got mine too!

Dave1442397
08-15-2011, 10:01 PM
My copy showed up today. The slipcase is very nice, good quality with a nice feel to it. Seeing two full pages of signatures was a blast :) Luckily I've read my Trade edition, so this one will remain unread in its slipcase.

Martin
08-16-2011, 04:05 AM
Mine is scheduled for delivery on the 18th. I did not but the trade edition so I have to wait to read it.

RJK1981
08-16-2011, 04:42 AM
My copy showed up today. The slipcase is very nice, good quality with a nice feel to it. Seeing two full pages of signatures was a blast :)

That's how I felt when I cracked open my copy of Bad News when I got it last month to see the signatures in it, along with seeing and feeling the slipcase. I'm sure Bad News doesn't have as many signatures as ILT though

theenormityofitall
08-16-2011, 07:40 PM
Mine came yesterday....great job CD! I really like the DJ. I like the whole book but the DJ kinda "sticks out". The only thing I don't like is having to by different size DJ covers to put on them. I still need to try that Brodart some guy brought up on here...Gaylord's covers dull the colors.

Martin
08-16-2011, 10:36 PM
Woo Hoo, Post Office will be delivering my copy early. I should have it in my hands this evening!

JDar.
08-24-2011, 10:59 AM
The book and slipcase look fantastic.

I am curious as to who signed/didn't sign the book. I have 42 signatures on the two pages. I can easily identify approx a dozen of them. In addition to Richard Laymon, I count 57 contributors. Who are the 15 that didn't sign? (assuming this isn't like MONDO ZOMBIE that had signatures of people that didn't appear to be contributors)

Keep Smiling, Jan

HorrorScribe
08-24-2011, 12:30 PM
Like all of you, I was anxious to receive my copy of In Laymon's Terms. As soon as the book arrived, I started reading it. But after too short a time, I became depressed that Laymon is no longer with us. As much as I didn't want to, I returned the volume to my shelf where it still sits today several weeks later. He was such a fine talent and (according to the tributes) a fine person as well. Even though I never met him or anything of the sort, I miss him. However, I did read The Night Show (absoultely fantastic classic Laymon) after putting In Laymon's Terms aside, and I will continue ILT eventually. But, for now, it's enough for me to know that it's on my bookkcase should I need it.

ChrisWood
08-25-2011, 12:22 AM
I've had my copy for a while but plan to read all of Richard's work before I delve into this fantastic tribute.

theenormityofitall
08-26-2011, 03:04 AM
Like all of you, I was anxious to receive my copy of In Laymon's Terms. As soon as the book arrived, I started reading it. But after too short a time, I became depressed that Laymon is no longer with us. As much as I didn't want to, I returned the volume to my shelf where it still sits today several weeks later. He was such a fine talent and (according to the tributes) a fine person as well. Even though I never met him or anything of the sort, I miss him. However, I did read The Night Show (absoultely fantastic classic Laymon) after putting In Laymon's Terms aside, and I will continue ILT eventually. But, for now, it's enough for me to know that it's on my bookkcase should I need it.

He really was a nice guy and I know what you mean about how this book, or any other by him, tend to make people a little sad knowing he's no longer with us. I met him just one time and he was very nice and wrote a personal inscription in my book. We even agreed on politics lol, and that made me even more interested in his works.
But I'm sure if he was still around, he'd want people to read his books and have a good scare while doing it, and that's why I still read everything I can by him and have virtually everything he published.

gsconquest
09-06-2011, 02:18 AM
I was finally able to pick this up and I cannot wait for it to be delivered. It will definitely be bittersweet.

theenormityofitall
10-24-2011, 02:16 AM
The book and slipcase look fantastic.

I am curious as to who signed/didn't sign the book. I have 42 signatures on the two pages. I can easily identify approx a dozen of them. In addition to Richard Laymon, I count 57 contributors. Who are the 15 that didn't sign? (assuming this isn't like MONDO ZOMBIE that had signatures of people that didn't appear to be contributors)

Keep Smiling, Jan
You mean Laymon signed this book? His sig is not in my limited edition?? I was told by CD Laymon didn't sign it ( how could he he's been dead a decade).

Dan Hocker
10-24-2011, 02:34 AM
You mean Laymon signed this book? His sig is not in my limited edition?? I was told by CD Laymon didn't sign it ( how could he he's been dead a decade).

No Richard Laymon didn't sign ILT. I'm pretty positive the concept wasn't conceived till after he passed away.

theenormityofitall
10-24-2011, 04:28 PM
I own an unsigned UK 1st HC of Funland, but would welcome a cool CD limited edition of it and Night-Show which to my knowledge hasn't appeared in HC.
Even the unsigned is worth a pretty penny (I think about $150-220) But a limited edition? That'd be kinda hard nowadays since Richard has been a ghost for 10 years (and I don't mean that in a mean way, I'm sure he'd get a kick out of it).
What I like with Laymon books even if some don't seem that good or are very slow at first, there's almost always a big payoff and he had a way of drawing you into the book. Night in Lonseome October is one of my top 5 books of his. Damn I wish he was still around.

NickJones
02-29-2012, 01:34 AM
I realize I'm 4 months late to the party here, but there's a couple of things I've been considering. One, we need a Richard Laymon biography, and a critical study of his work. Another is a reprint of A Writer's Tale: I want to read it, but I'm not willing and can't afford to pay $500 (the last offer I saw on eBay) for the privilege.

Grant Wootton
02-29-2012, 04:06 PM
Nick, the party, like at the Overlook, lasts a long, long, long time .... You're never too late to join the festivities ;)

Tasmaniac
03-02-2012, 04:07 AM
I remember pre-ordering In Laymon's Terms back in 2002. Now that I have it I'm hesitant to start - feels as though a chapter in my life will close if I read it!

RJK1981
03-02-2012, 04:41 AM
I remember pre-ordering In Laymon's Terms back in 2002. Now that I have it I'm hesitant to start - feels as though a chapter in my life will close if I read it!

You could always read it one page a day! That'd make it last a long time, lol.

Martin
03-02-2012, 04:48 AM
I have to agree, It is a great read with the personal stories about Mr. Laymon and the new fiction. I read a portion of it and then had to put it on the shelf for a while, I have this mental block that I do not want to finish it.

Tasmaniac
03-02-2012, 11:18 PM
You could always read it one page a day! That'd make it last a long time, lol.

Ha! That may be the way to go, either that or just not read the final story!

ReticentRomeo
07-29-2013, 05:31 PM
Lettered edition arrived a few days ago :)

Any news/update when the lettered "The Woods are Dark" might be released? Thanks :)

Brian James Freeman
07-29-2013, 06:43 PM
Any news/update when the lettered "The Woods are Dark" might be released? Thanks :)

It's the next one for our usual traycase maker when he finishes the three he has right now, so hopefully by the end of the year!

Brian

ReticentRomeo
08-01-2013, 11:40 AM
Thanks Brian :)