No announcement yet.

[INDEXED]In Laymon's Terms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's great to see the end in sight for this project. I just checked my book spreadsheet and I see that I ordered this one back on 05/09/08.

If you're new to Laymon or just don't have many of his books, I'd highly recommend looking for the UK trade paperback editions of his books. They usually had three titles bound in one paperback, and I remember seeing them in Waterstone's for around 15 Euro a few years back. I didn't buy them at the time because I had no idea which books I already had at home in NJ.

Comment

Just placed my order for this one. Been hearing about this book for years! Can't wait to see the final results of this massive tome!

Comment

I bought a lot of Laymon's early novels when he was only being published in Britain...most are signed and some have generic inscriptions. I understand Funland is worth around $500 or so to Laymon collectors.
        I'm pretty anxious myself to see what this new book will look like.

Comment

I own an unsigned UK 1st HC of Funland, but would welcome a cool CD limited edition of it and Night-Show which to my knowledge hasn't appeared in HC.

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
            I bought a lot of Laymon's early novels when he was only being published in Britain...most are signed and some have generic inscriptions. I understand Funland is worth around $500 or so to Laymon collectors.
            I'm pretty anxious myself to see what this new book will look like.
            I know a guy who might be interested in some of those Laymon books you have? He also has an uncorrected proof of Funland. My copy was kept in a plastic bag ever since I got it so it doesn't have all the papers browned like most others do. Headline used some crappy paper back then.

I hope it's not against the rules to post that (I mean the about the guy who's a Laymon freak).

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
              I hope it's not against the rules to post that (I mean the about the guy who's a Laymon freak).
              Nope, I don't think it's against the rules to call someone a freak!!!

Comment

lol

Comment

I discovered Laymon around 2003 through my (then) new subscription to the Leisure Books mass market paperback horror line. I became an instant fan and eagerly anticipated any of his books around which I could wrap my greedy little hands. As much as I'm eager to receive my copy of In Laymon's Terms, it's going to be a bittersweet moment as I lament the fact that this great man is gone. Though I never met you and, sadly, didn't discover you until after your passing, I appreciate your significant contributions to the horror genre, Mr. Laymon. I sincerely believe that In Laymon's Terms will be an awesome tribute to the man and his works.
                  "Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

Comment

I found Laymon through the Leisure stuff, too. There must be quite a few Brits here in Columbus, because every now and again I'll find either a British edition paperback or a British edition trade with two of his books in the trade. The only one of those I bought had a book I'd never heard of, Midnight's Lair. Now I can't wait to find another batch of these trades.

I also ordered In Laymon's Terms, but I waited until CD announced the book was actually at the printer's.

Comment

I've always considered Island to be my favorite. It was my first novel by him, and definitely not my last.
                      www.wesleysouthard.wordpress.com

Comment

The Island is #2 on my list of Laymon books. As good as the Island is I like The Traveling Vampire Show better.
                        Originally posted by WesleySouthard View Post
                        I've always considered Island to be my favorite. It was my first novel by him, and definitely not my last.

Comment

I liked Vampire show, but I thought Laymon went on a bit too much about little details that didn't add anything to the story. If I remember correctly, there was a scene where the main character went looking for his girl friend (can't remember her name) with his brother's girlfriend, and it took him two or three paragraphs to describe how he opened a truck door, hopped into the truck, closed the door, buckled in, locked the door, ect. It started to get on my nerves.
                          www.wesleysouthard.wordpress.com

Comment

I have to say that I could not be more excited for a book. I have waited a while for this one and like I have always said, I am glad time was taken on it to get it right. I would rather wait a long time and have it perfect then have it rushed and be so - so. I have one of each edition ordered and can't wait to see the three of them on a shelf, side by side.

Great work to everyone involved to get this book made.

Comment

Originally posted by Thad Linson View Post
                              I found Laymon through the Leisure stuff, too.
                              My first Leisure Laymon novel was Darkness, Tell Us. I became an instant fan. To choose a #1 favorite would be fairly impossible for me, however. All of his books that I've read have their merits. But the best of bunch in my opinion include: Darkness, Tell Us; the Beast House Chronicles (all four of them); One Rainy Night; and Night in the Lonesome October. I still have a handful left to read, so I'm sure my "best of" list will continue to grow as I track down British editions and such.
                              "Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

Comment

Finally decided to go ahead and order this one since I had a coupon to use and looking forward to receiving it
                                WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                                Spoiler!

Comment

Working...
                                X