No announcement yet.

Theli's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newest addition that I finally got around to photographing.

The boards are bound in good quality grey cloth, like the slipcase. It sports some thick black endpapers, not too fancy, but still nice. This is a truly outstanding edition. I'm not sure I've ever seen such crisp and distinct black & white art, and it suits it so well. #11 is pretty cool too, matches my Lonely Road copy of The Exorcist.

Comment

Fantastic addition. I have long coveted that edition.

Originally posted by Theli View Post
      Newest addition that I finally got around to photographing.

The boards are bound in good quality grey cloth, like the slipcase. It sports some thick black endpapers, not too fancy, but still nice. This is a truly outstanding edition. I'm not sure I've ever seen such crisp and distinct black & white art, and it suits it so well. #11 is pretty cool too, matches my Lonely Road copy of The Exorcist.

Comment

That's a great edition of Ghost Story. Do you know when it was released?

Comment

Theli can give specifics but this is what I have:

Author: Peter Straub
          Cover Artist: Stephen Gervais
          Edition: Limited edition
          Publisher: Hill House, Publishers
          Date: 1984
          ISBN: 931771005
          Features: 400 copies. Special edition. Signed by the author Peter Straub and the artist Stephen Gervais. Slipcased. Grey cloth, stamped gilt. Publisher's letter laid in.
          Interior Artist: Stephen Gervais (Frontispiece and illustrations )

Originally posted by daverob View Post
          That's a great edition of Ghost Story. Do you know when it was released?

Comment

Thanks Martin! That about covers it. I didn't realize about the publisher's letter. Mine did not come with it unfortunately. Almost wish I hadn't have known now. Everytime I look at it I'll know it's missing something.

Comment

At least you have the book. That places you ahead of me!

Thanks Martin! That about covers it. I didn't realize about the publisher's letter. Mine did not come with it unfortunately. Almost wish I hadn't have known now. Everytime I look at it I'll know it's missing something.

Comment

Agreed. Having that book is really special. I've got an Easton (unsigned) version that I'm happy enough with, but Ghost Story is such a cornerstone of a work it's extra special having a signed limited. Very nice.
                “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Nice add, Dan!

Comment

^Thanks Bri!

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                    At least you have the book. That places you ahead of me!
                    Hahaha. I'll take it!

Originally posted by bugen View Post
                    Agreed. Having that book is really special. I've got an Easton (unsigned) version that I'm happy enough with, but Ghost Story is such a cornerstone of a work it's extra special having a signed limited. Very nice.
                    Yeah I'd considered getting the Easton Copy too, but this one just pulled me. Maybe I'll double dip. It was probably the best book I read last year.

Comment

Huh, I didn't know, either...not sure mine has it.

Hold on, let me pull it from my shelf and see...

</suspense>

No, mine (#222) doesn't have it, either. Makes me kinda wonder if a publisher's letter (and whatever it contained) was truly distributed with each copy or not.
                      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Thank you Martin and Theli for the info about the edition. Now to track one down .

Comment

I can't recall were I found that information. As I do not own one I am unable to speak to if all editions came with the letter. I believe I have seen an image of the letter at one time.

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

</suspense>

No, mine (#222) doesn't have it, either. Makes me kinda wonder if a publisher's letter (and whatever it contained) was truly distributed with each copy or not.

Comment

They pop up for sale from time to time.

Originally posted by daverob View Post
                            Thank you Martin and Theli for the info about the edition. Now to track one down .

Comment

Just for fun I checked ebay and they have one up now with a buy it now price of $250. The description states it is #10 and has the publishers letter. I am unfamiliar with the seller http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ghost-Story-...QAAOSwol5Yxv1K

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                              They pop up for sale from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

</suspense>

My heart was racing!

I'm going to double check mine. Maybe it was laid in somewhere...

</suspense>
                                Damn it, still not there!

Comment

Working...
                                X