Stephen King movies and TV shows currently scheduled for 2017:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stephen King movies and TV shows currently scheduled for 2017:

King has several of his stories slated for theatrical release in 2017. All of which are being highly anticipated by me.

So here is the list of 2017 film and TV releases and the information I can find so far:

Theaters
    Gerald's Game - Filming is complete and the movie is in post production but I can find no release date at this time.
    The Dark Tower - Filming is complete and the movie is in post production with a release date of July 28, 2017.
    It - Filming is complete and the movie is in post production with a release date of September 8th, 2017.

Television
    The Mist - Spike TV is producing a series based on The Mist. It is fully cast and has a premiere date of 2017 but no exact date that I can find.

I think Mr. Mercedes is slated for next year as well. Will show on AT&T/DirecTV I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
      I think Mr. Mercedes is slated for next year as well. Will show on AT&T/DirecTV I believe.
      I saw a 2018 release for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
        I saw a 2018 release for it.
        Oh that could be, Martin.

Comment

Also heard some talk of a Revival film or series, also rumored to be handled by Josh Boone.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
            Also heard some talk of a Revival film or series, also rumored to be handled by Josh Boone.
            I read that somewhere too, Dan and also that Russell Crowe would be playing Jacobs.

Comment

Here is what I found on Revival:

On spec and in concert with producer Michael De Luca and author Stephen King, Boone has penned an adaptation of Revival, based on King’s 2014 bestseller about a charismatic preacher who loses his faith when his wife and child are killed in a tragic accident.

Boone and De Luca have submitted the script to Universal, where the producer has a first-look deal; it will likely find a home quickly if that studio doesn’t spark to the tale.

Boone also has written a script for a feature adaptation of The Stand. Arguably King’s most ambitious and definitive novel at 823 pages, the book has seen several A-list filmmakers come and go at Warner Bros. Boone said he’s determined to make that film, and has practically set a cast, with verbal commitments. But it’s so sprawling a tale that it’s going to take longer. Warner Bros’ option has run its course, and the project has reverted back to CBS Films, which could place it at another studio or make it through an arrangement it has to share big-budget fare with Lionsgate.
              While that gets sorted, Boone has cleared his schedule for Revival, which he hopes to direct this year.

I have been unable to find any casting detail an it is clearly too early in the process to believe this will be a 2017 release.

Comment

Here is what I found on Revival:

On spec and in concert with producer Michael De Luca and author Stephen King, Boone has penned an adaptation of Revival, based on King’s 2014 bestseller about a charismatic preacher who loses his faith when his wife and child are killed in a tragic accident.

Boone and De Luca have submitted the script to Universal, where the producer has a first-look deal; it will likely find a home quickly if that studio doesn’t spark to the tale.

Boone also has written a script for a feature adaptation of The Stand. Arguably King’s most ambitious and definitive novel at 823 pages, the book has seen several A-list filmmakers come and go at Warner Bros. Boone said he’s determined to make that film, and has practically set a cast, with verbal commitments. But it’s so sprawling a tale that it’s going to take longer. Warner Bros’ option has run its course, and the project has reverted back to CBS Films, which could place it at another studio or make it through an arrangement it has to share big-budget fare with Lionsgate.
                While that gets sorted, Boone has cleared his schedule for Revival, which he hopes to direct this year.

I have been unable to find any casting detail an it is clearly too early in the process to believe this will be a 2017 release.
                Quite right! I also heard some talk of Lisey's Story, most likely another one that won't see a 2017 release.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                  Quite right! I also heard some talk of Lisey's Story, most likely another one that won't see a 2017 release.
                  I think it will be a while on Lisey's Story. Josh Boone is associated with it and has Revival and The Stand in front of it.

Comment

It - Filming is complete and the movie is in post production with a release date of September 8th, 2017.
                    Have you guys seen the trailer teaser already? I'm so hyped about it! Can't wait to see it in movies :O

Instead of giving a politician the keys to the city, it might be better to change the locks. Doug Larson

Comment

I went to Ghost in the Shell last night and was pleasantly surprised to see this just off the lobby in the hallway to the theater.

IT.jpg

Comment

Working...
                      X