Bubba and the Cosmic Blood Suckers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I've been eyeballing a Centipede Press edition of The Drive In on eBay.
    That's a beautiful edition and doesn't seem to be overpriced on the secondary market either.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
      That's a beautiful edition and doesn't seem to be overpriced on the secondary market either.
      I put a bid on it. You guys are killing me. Or at the very least assisting a suicide. A financial suicide, to be clear.

Comment

WELL I won the eBay auction. So I'm getting the Centipede Press edition of The Drive In and I'm thrilled to see that it's the complete Drive In. I also won an ARC of Paradise Sky as part of the auction. So I'm definitely getting my Lansdale on.

During my research I noticed that Jerad doesn't list Lansdale among Centipede Press authors on the site. Seems odd considering that The Drive In wasn't published that long ago and the list of authors seemed pretty comprehensive.

Made me wonder if there's bad blood between Lansdale and CP. Then I began wondering if there would be bad blood between McCammon and Subterranean Press since CD snatched up The Listener.

And then I was wondering if anyone could stop Dark Regions from crazy mark-ups on other publishers books! They're selling Bubba for $60 even as SubPress has copies available on their site for $40.

Comment

WELL I won the eBay auction. So I'm getting the Centipede Press edition of The Drive In and I'm thrilled to see that it's the complete Drive In. I also won an ARC of Paradise Sky as part of the auction. So I'm definitely getting my Lansdale on.

During my research I noticed that Jerad doesn't list Lansdale among Centipede Press authors on the site. Seems odd considering that The Drive In wasn't published that long ago and the list of authors seemed pretty comprehensive.

Made me wonder if there's bad blood between Lansdale and CP. Then I began wondering if there would be bad blood between McCammon and Subterranean Press since CD snatched up The Listener.

And then I was wondering if anyone could stop Dark Regions from crazy mark-ups on other publishers books! They're selling Bubba for $60 even as SubPress has copies available on their site for $40.
          I'm guessing the case with Jerad is just a mishap. I doubt there's any bad blood. Other than a minor disagreement with Stephen King I don't know anyone that has said anything negative about him. Lansdale is the same way. They both seem like agreeable people.

I also doubt there's any bad blood between McCammon and Sub Press. It's all contracts. I wouldn't be surprised to see other new works from him come out from them in the future.

Dark Regions... I got nothing to say on that.

Comment

My dealings with Jerad have all been top notch. I agree with Theli, it's all business. I doubt any of these guys would sign anything that looked like an exclusive contract. I wouldn't! Sub has done a great job with McCammon's work and I think we can all agree Lansdale's Drive In omnibus is a super nice volume. Sometimes, I think we watch too much TV/TMZ, the world does not always spin on drama. Thank God LOL!!

Comment

I forgot to say congrats on winning the auction!

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                I'm guessing the case with Jerad is just a mishap. I doubt there's any bad blood. Other than a minor disagreement with Stephen King I don't know anyone that has said anything negative about him. Lansdale is the same way. They both seem like agreeable people.

I also doubt there's any bad blood between McCammon and Sub Press. It's all contracts. I wouldn't be surprised to see other new works from him come out from them in the future.

Dark Regions... I got nothing to say on that.
                I hope you're right about everyone getting along to make money off of us (as well as entertain the hell out of us--and, in some cases, into us). I like collecting the same authors from different publishers.

I laughed at your Dark Regions response. They're trying to sell a Grant Artist Edition of The Wind Through the Keyhole for $245 even as Grant has brand new copies available for $75. That markup might work if the internet didn't exist and they were the only bookstore with a copy in an isolated rural town.

Comment

I forgot to say congrats on winning the auction!

Thanks. I was the only bidder. hahaha. This was at least the third time the seller listed these books for auction and no one was biting. Perhaps because Amazon has some CP editions available for less than this auction's starting bid. But I also got Paradise Sky so I'm cool with it.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                    My dealings with Jerad have all been top notch. I agree with Theli, it's all business. I doubt any of these guys would sign anything that looked like an exclusive contract. I wouldn't! Sub has done a great job with McCammon's work and I think we can all agree Lansdale's Drive In omnibus is a super nice volume. Sometimes, I think we watch too much TV/TMZ, the world does not always spin on drama. Thank God LOL!!
                    You're right. Too much ginned up drama. I'm desensitized to it while also expecting it.

Comment

I hope you're right about everyone getting along to make money off of us (as well as entertain the hell out of us--and, in some cases, into us). I like collecting the same authors from different publishers.

I laughed at your Dark Regions response. They're trying to sell a Grant Artist Edition of The Wind Through the Keyhole for $245 even as Grant has brand new copies available for $75. That markup might work if the internet didn't exist and they were the only bookstore with a copy in an isolated rural town.
                      It's sad in a way because they are ultimately just taking advantage of their devoted (or ignorant) customers. The rest of us see a price and do a bit of online shopping. It's amazing what can be achieved in 10 minutes of searching. It's not like when you needed to literally drive around town to find the best price.

Comment

It's sad in a way because they are ultimately just taking advantage of their devoted (or ignorant) customers. The rest of us see a price and do a bit of online shopping. It's amazing what can be achieved in 10 minutes of searching. It's not like when you needed to literally drive around town to find the best price.
                        Very true. Though I will say they've been hanging on to that edition for quite a while now. So I'd imagine anyone interested has done their homework.

Comment

Congrats on winning!

And I LOVED Paradise Sky. I think it was one of the first half dozen things I read by Lansdale and absolutely loved it.

Thanks. I was the only bidder. hahaha. This was at least the third time the seller listed these books for auction and no one was biting. Perhaps because Amazon has some CP editions available for less than this auction's starting bid. But I also got Paradise Sky so I'm cool with it.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                            Congrats on winning!

And I LOVED Paradise Sky. I think it was one of the first half dozen things I read by Lansdale and absolutely loved it.
                            Thanks. I can't wait to start reading Lansdale. Just got to finish Gerald's Game first.

Comment

Thanks to everyone who made their Lansdale recommendations. I started The Drive In this morning and I already love it.

Comment

Thanks to everyone who made their Lansdale recommendations. I started The Drive In this morning and I already love it.
                                It truly is a very fun read.

Comment

Working...
                                X