No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright, Jeff. It's time to create your own unboxing thread here. You do an awesome job and crack me up LOL. I image it takes you a week at Christmas to unbox all your gifts LOL.

So what's the story of you using that big ass knife to open your stuff! I feel there might be some compensating going on there. We'll keep that between you and I

SST looks like they do some great stuff and after seeing their production for GBB, I jumped all over it. With your coupon, it be a great time to pick it. I ordered the day before yesterday and there were still copies available at that time.

I completely agree with ya about the handwritten note. A small thing that speaks volumes with the customer.

Comment

"Unboxing Jeff"

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
        "Unboxing Jeff"
        LOL. Sounds like an indie doc film.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
          Alright, Jeff. It's time to create your own unboxing thread here. You do an awesome job and crack me up LOL. I image it takes you a week at Christmas to unbox all your gifts LOL.

So what's the story of you using that big ass knife to open your stuff! I feel there might be some compensating going on there. We'll keep that between you and I

SST looks like they do some great stuff and after seeing their production for GBB, I jumped all over it. With your coupon, it be a great time to pick it. I ordered the day before yesterday and there were still copies available at that time.

I completely agree with ya about the handwritten note. A small thing that speaks volumes with the customer.
          Thanks! I appreciate the kind words.

The knife was gift from my brother years ago. It's a Hibbens knife. I guess they used to do a special edition every year and this one is the Dragon Lord from 1996. You can get one on eBay for around $150. I'm probably horrifying knife collectors by using it to cut through packing tape. I don't collect knives, but if I did, I'd collect ones just like that bad bastard.

I am really finding it hard not to buy their Gwendy. I already own two--the signed and slipcased first edition and the NRB variant. It's tough, but I know I'll want to get some new books down the road and I can't just spend all my money on Gwendy!

I'm also eyeing Hellraiser The Toll because of the Daniele Serra art. I really like his stuff. But I'm turned off because I thought The Scarlet Gospels was just awful and I'm hearing strong comparisons between the two books.

Decisions!!!

Comment

"Unboxing Jeff"

Sequel to Boxing Helena?? Don't even get me started on Sherilyn Fenn!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

The knife was gift from my brother years ago. It's a Hibbens knife. I guess they used to do a special edition every year and this one is the Dragon Lord from 1996. You can get one on eBay for around $150. I'm probably horrifying knife collectors by using it to cut through packing tape. I don't collect knives, but if I did, I'd collect ones just like that bad bastard.

I am really finding it hard not to buy their Gwendy. I already own two--the signed and slipcased first edition and the NRB variant. It's tough, but I know I'll want to get some new books down the road and I can't just spend all my money on Gwendy!

I'm also eyeing Hellraiser The Toll because of the Daniele Serra art. I really like his stuff. But I'm turned off because I thought The Scarlet Gospels was just awful and I'm hearing strong comparisons between the two books.

Decisions!!!
              I hear ya. The SST variant will be my third copy as well. I couldn't get the S/L at the time of release but these will do me fine for now.

My son collects swords vs books. Although not my thing; he has some pretty neat looking ones.

I didn't really look around anymore on SST's sight to see what else I might be interested in. That may end badly for me if I did.

Comment

"Unboxing Jeff"
                Or maybe "The Uniboxer"

Cap
                Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Decisions!!!
                  My biggest fear watching you unbox with that knife is that one day your going to injure a book in the process of opening it.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                    My biggest fear watching you unbox with that knife is that one day your going to injure a book in the process of opening it.
                    Me, too -- the anxiety you cause me watching you with that thing is equal to any horror movie!
                    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

For what it's worth, while that knife is probably sharp, my guess is it's not anywhere near as sharp as a box cutter.
                      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                        For what it's worth, while that knife is probably sharp, my guess is it's not anywhere near as sharp as a box cutter.
                        I open my boxes with an exacto knife, but I leave no evidence!

Comment

Yeah the Dragon Lord is not as sharp as a boxcutter. And it gets less sharp with every unboxing. And I will probably wreck something sooner or later cause it is just heavy and too cumbersome for this delicate work.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
                            Or maybe "The Uniboxer" Cap
                            Rep for that one, Steve LOL.

Yeah the Dragon Lord is not as sharp as a boxcutter. And it gets less sharp with every unboxing. And I will probably wreck something sooner or later cause it is just heavy and too cumbersome for this delicate work.
                            Did you notice, Jeff that no one showed concern for your personal safety? Only that of the books. Got to love a collectors mindset

Back in high school working at a mom & pop grocery store, I saw a friend/co-worker slice his palm open with a box knife. It scarred me for life, pun intended. To this day I get really anxious whenever I see anyone opening anything with a sharp object or even a not so sharp object. My daughter plunged a butter knife into her thumb while attempting to pry a frozen bagel apart. Please be careful with that stuff, guys.

Comment

Sorry, guys but I suck at searching any forum for threads and can't remember where NRB was being discussed so I'm just gonna stick this here. This is from a very well respected member of the TDT.org community, Simon Mason:

Simon: Finally got a response from NRB. Are these people like 5 years old? and they have the audacity to call me childish!

NRB: I had already apologized to those involved, and the wording was loose because we we're still waiting to hear back. Nothing was trying to deliberately decieve anyone. We were told by his agent that he was pushing for a few hundred, which seemed like a good sign. It didn't happen. I wanted to make sure that collectors DID have a chance to get a signed one if we got them. Had I not said anything, people would have been upset also. Turns out we are getting 38 books signed and the pages are on their way to the binder now, but NONE of you will get one. You and the others that whined about it, should be aware that I was trying to give you a chance to get a rare collectible, but it didnt work out.

Next time you won't get a chance. Because of your childish behavior.

You are not going to insult me or my company and say, now refund me even though I digitally signed a contract. No, not happening. Good luck. I hope you file a dispute so I can get more from you.

And don't try and tell me how to run my business. Where's your book? Where's your special editions you are putting out? How many books have you gotten signed? I didnt think so.

Continue to dwell on the bad instead of what I was trying to do for you. And no, I don't need you. When our lettered and numbered editions are done next year, I guarantee you someone will buy them. I will make sure that you don't get one, serious collector.

Oh and I have 22 lettered editions and 28 numbered, 15 hand signed first. Thats Just from SK. Again, I was trying to help you people out, but you shit on it, so it will be the last time.

Simon: EDIT: FYI, this is the part of my email, that might have got up his nose:
                              "I’m a serious collector and spend a great deal of money on collectible books. I am, judging by your on-line responses, an individual that your business does not care about, you can apparently “do without me”. If that is the case I suggest you stay away from trying to play in the big leagues and focus on your small collection of sycophantic followers who will purchase your normal throw away items."

Comment

Wow.

There are right ways to handle things. And then there’s this way. Wow.

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                                Sorry, guys but I suck at searching any forum for threads and can't remember where NRB was being discussed so I'm just gonna stick this here. This is from a very well respected member of the TDT.org community, Simon Mason:

Simon: Finally got a response from NRB. Are these people like 5 years old? and they have the audacity to call me childish!

NRB: I had already apologized to those involved, and the wording was loose because we we're still waiting to hear back. Nothing was trying to deliberately decieve anyone. We were told by his agent that he was pushing for a few hundred, which seemed like a good sign. It didn't happen. I wanted to make sure that collectors DID have a chance to get a signed one if we got them. Had I not said anything, people would have been upset also. Turns out we are getting 38 books signed and the pages are on their way to the binder now, but NONE of you will get one. You and the others that whined about it, should be aware that I was trying to give you a chance to get a rare collectible, but it didnt work out.

Next time you won't get a chance. Because of your childish behavior.

You are not going to insult me or my company and say, now refund me even though I digitally signed a contract. No, not happening. Good luck. I hope you file a dispute so I can get more from you.

And don't try and tell me how to run my business. Where's your book? Where's your special editions you are putting out? How many books have you gotten signed? I didnt think so.

Continue to dwell on the bad instead of what I was trying to do for you. And no, I don't need you. When our lettered and numbered editions are done next year, I guarantee you someone will buy them. I will make sure that you don't get one, serious collector.

Oh and I have 22 lettered editions and 28 numbered, 15 hand signed first. Thats Just from SK. Again, I was trying to help you people out, but you shit on it, so it will be the last time.

Simon: EDIT: FYI, this is the part of my email, that might have got up his nose:
                                "I’m a serious collector and spend a great deal of money on collectible books. I am, judging by your on-line responses, an individual that your business does not care about, you can apparently “do without me”. If that is the case I suggest you stay away from trying to play in the big leagues and focus on your small collection of sycophantic followers who will purchase your normal throw away items."

Comment

Working...
                                X