Martin's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Fantastic addition! Congrats! Happy that I could be the nudge. It's worth more than you paid when you value this book the way you do!
    I paid a little more than issue price for a book that is in "Like New" condition 17 years after issue so I am very pleased and I will cherish this book! Thanks again for the nudge, I am thrilled to have it in my collection!

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
      Great add with Bad News. Martin I was one of the lucky ones who got the postcard in my box. I was wondering why it wasn't mentioned on the card. I really love Nocturnal Readers Box. Thinking about enemy subscription when it runs out or asking the Mrs. to renew it again for my Christmas gift.
      Glad you got the post card, I can't complain as I more than got my value from the box.

Comment

Good for you, Martin! Glad ya scored yourself a copy.

Comment

It's one of the favorite CD books. Great art, design and I LOVE the slipcase!

Comment

Great add with Bad News. I honestly think it has one of the coolest covers. Definitely a conversation starter!

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
              I used to think of bath bombs as being a feminine product, but when I was down in Vegas for work a few months ago, I bought one from LUSH and had a very nice relaxing (albeit in hindsight, too hot) bath. The bath bomb was fun. (I did not get the glittery one that I was "told" to - girls and their glitter needs . . .)
              No shame here. I can bath bomb with the best of them!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                Good for you, Martin! Glad ya scored yourself a copy.
                Thank you sir!

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                  You go, girl!

Edit: Now back to Martin's thread

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

Comment

Peter Straub is always hit and miss for me. When one of his story clicks with me it is fantastic (Ghost Story, Hellfire Club, Lost Boy:Lost Girl). When they are a miss for me they are often my "worst reads" for the year (Mr. X, A Dark Matter) .

I read his novella "A Special Place:The Heart of a Dark Matter" with low expectations as I did not care for the novel that this is an offshoot to. I read this last spring and the story has stuck with me. I absolutely loved it:

P1360906.jpgP1360907.jpg

With that said I reluctantly passed on the novella 'The Process (Is A Process All It's Own)' when it was announced by Subterranean Press. This is another venture into the world of 'A Dark Matter'.

Then the fine folks at CD offered the Sub Press edition at a discount and I went for it.
                      P1360908.jpgP1360909.jpgP1360910.jpgP1360911.jpg

I am just over half way through and so far it is not really working for me. Hopefully that will change as I wrap up the story.

Comment

Cool adds, Martin! I never got past page 25 of Ghost Story. Haven't picked up a Straub book since.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                          Cool adds, Martin! I never got past page 25 of Ghost Story. Haven't picked up a Straub book since.
                          If you decide you want to try him again I recommend "Lost Boy Lost Girl", it is a great read.

Comment

So my goal for the last few years has been to end the year with fewer books than I start the year with. I buy a lot of books and have a hard time parting with them. I have failed the last few years but gotten better each year. Well that plan took a big hit this week as I added 11 books and one magazine in a three day window.

I started by buying the "Ultimate Guide to Stephen King Guide" from Entertainment Weekly.
                            P1360914.jpg

Comment

On that day I got home to two boxes.

The first was from Subterranean Press:
                              The Best of Subterranean
                              This one is a massive volume with five pages of signature sheets including 27 signatures
                              P1360915.jpgP1360916.jpgP1360917.jpgP1360918.jpgP1360919.jpgP1360920.jpg

Comment

More photos of The Best of Subterranean:
                                P1360921.jpgP1360922.jpgP1360923.jpgP1360924.jpgP1360925.jpgP1360926.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X