• Time
  • Show
Clear All

NRB Continued:

Bookmark:
    P1370797.jpgP1370798.jpg

Another issue of Apex magazine:
    P1370800.jpg
    I have not even looked at the last one. I need to check them out.

Paperback copy of Have by Tom Deady:
    P1370799.jpg
    My view on this one is not as strong as Jeffingoffs (If you don't know what I mean, watch his unboxing video) but I too have the signed limited and was less than overwhelmed by the story. Another copy was not needed. In a year I have only received two books that gave me the response of, they did not need to include that one. This one and Peter Straub's Pork Pie Hat, so that is not bad since I have received about 26 books from them.

The new release looks pretty cool.
    Eternal Frankenstein:
    P1370801.jpgP1370802.jpg
    Got signed copy. Not sure by who, will try to figure that out at a later time.

Comment

NRB Concluded:
      P1370803.jpgP1370804.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
        May 2018 Nocturnal Reader's Box:
        My first box was June 2017 so this marks a year of subscribing to this box.
        Really cool shirt this month from Robert McCammon's They Thirst
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]20695[/ATTACH]

Drink cup from Joe R Lansdale's The Drive In:
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]20696[/ATTACH]

A pretty cool pin that may or at not be from Stephen King's Christine:
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]20697[/ATTACH]
        They do not mention it in the contents.

An extremely cheap compact mirror from Richard Laymon's Traveling Vampire Show.
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]20698[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20699[/ATTACH]
        Side Note: Jeffingoff you need to read this book, it is a great read!

The art print this month is replaced by three postcards with quotes from Anne Rice books:
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]20700[/ATTACH]
        The post cards are cool but I could not care less about the books!
        I was very pleased with the books. I missed out on Haven and am looking forward to reading it. Also the short story collection Eternal Frankenstein looks really interesting. The shirt is one of my favorite ones they have done. I love it almost as much as I loved the book. One of the best vampire stories ever written in my opinion. I also thought it was really cool to get another issue of Apex magazine.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
          I was very pleased with the books. I missed out on Haven and am looking forward to reading it. Also the short story collection Eternal Frankenstein looks really interesting. The shirt is one of my favorite ones they have done. I love it almost as much as I loved the book. One of the best vampire stories ever written in my opinion. I also thought it was really cool to get another issue of Apex magazine.
          I hope you enjoy Haven more than I did. It had all the elements I love but I just found I did not care. Have you read Apex? If yes, did you enjoy it?

Comment

I hope you enjoy Haven more than I did. It had all the elements I love but I just found I did not care. Have you read Apex? If yes, did you enjoy it?
            Thanks, I hope I enjoy it as well. I have read about half of the last issue. I like what I have read. I used to read it on a more regular basis a few years ago. More fantasy then horror but a good mix of both along with interviews and more. Alex also publishes books. In fact a couple of months the ago I believe there was one in one of the boxes.

Comment

I guess I'll be getting a June box (saw Hill listed there) I'm sure it's been stated elsewhere, but can you just get a box for specific month rather than an subscription?

Comment

In case you're still looking for one of these, Martin:

Locke & Key Coloring Book

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                  I guess I'll be getting a June box (saw Hill listed there) I'm sure it's been stated elsewhere, but can you just get a box for specific month rather than an subscription?
                  Well, you sign up for a month-to-month subscription and then just cancel after you get it. OR sometimes they'll put past month boxes for sale in the store and you can just buy one there.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                    Well, you sign up for a month-to-month subscription and then just cancel after you get it. OR sometimes they'll put past month boxes for sale in the store and you can just buy one there.
                    Thank you, Sir!

Comment

An extremely cheap compact mirror from Richard Laymon's Traveling Vampire Show.
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]20698[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20699[/ATTACH]
                      Side Note: Jeffingoff you need to read this book, it is a great read!
                      I will have to read it since you and I are in alignment on HAVEN and therefore I can trust your recommendation.

Comment

Have you gotten NRB's other Joe Hill items? They've done quite a bit. A license plate and a t-shirt come to mind but I know there's more. Chances are, the Hill listing is an item and not a book.

Comment

In case you're still looking for one of these, Martin:

Locke & Key Coloring Book
                          Thank you, ordered!

Comment

I will have to read it since you and I are in alignment on HAVEN and therefore I can trust your recommendation.
                            I think you will really like it. Do you have any thoughts of the origin for the pin in the May box?

Comment

Have you gotten NRB's other Joe Hill items? They've done quite a bit. A license plate and a t-shirt come to mind but I know there's more. Chances are, the Hill listing is an item and not a book.
                              No, I haven't. I'm not big on the trinket stuff so I'll probably do what you suggest and see what it actually contains. I doubt there will be a book as well.

Thank you, ordered!
                              Most welcome! Glad you were able to grab it.

Comment

I think you will really like it. Do you have any thoughts of the origin for the pin in the May box?
                                Someone commented on my video that it was from Christine, which is what I thought as well. But I was thrown off by the NOTHING on the pin card and no mention in the box description.

Comment

Working...
                                X