Martin's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin View Post
    I believe you will be impressed! Glad you were able to grab a copy while they are still available.
    Mine arrived yesterday. It's beautiful. And I didn't realize all that it contained. A Lansdale story. A Tremblay story. Of course, the interview with King. I'm so glad I got a copy. Thank you for posting.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
      Mine arrived yesterday. It's beautiful. And I didn't realize all that it contained. A Lansdale story. A Tremblay story. Of course, the interview with King. I'm so glad I got a copy. Thank you for posting.
      There is a ton of content. I have only read the introduction and the King interview so far. I am unsure how they will keep this thing coming out every three months with the amount that went into it. Glad you liked it.

Jeff on a side note. I like the Ruins glass but have to admit it was not a good read. I loved A Simple Plan and had high hopes for The Ruins, but it left me feeling like Bentley Little leaves you.

Comment

There is a ton of content. I have only read the introduction and the King interview so far. I am unsure how they will keep this thing coming out every three months with the amount that went into it. Glad you liked it.

Jeff on a side note. I like the Ruins glass but have to admit it was not a good read. I loved A Simple Plan and had high hopes for The Ruins, but it left me feeling like Bentley Little leaves you.
        Yeah, so far I'm 0 for 2 on the pint glasses. The first one I got was a reference to American Gods I believe. I got a paperback of that book and I might actually read it someday. I didn't really have any plans to read The Ruins. When CD did the limited edition I was intrigued, but not enough to dive in. Both pint glasses are really nicely made and they will see plenty of use.

I HATE that I missed out on their Overlook pint glass. That would have been absolutely perfect. Oh well.

I looked on IDW's site to see if they were taking subscriptions for Full Bleed but I didn't see anything. Nothing on the Kickstarter page either. I would definitely be interested in getting a subscription if they put out this level of quality and content every quarter!

Comment

Thanks for the heads up on The Ruins, BTW. I meant to mention that, but my brain was on pint glasses and that's where it stayed.

Comment

We jumped into The Nocturnal Reader's Box at the same time and I share your pain with the glasses. I would love to get my hands on the Overlook glass.

Comment

Received my Nocturnal Reader's box for February. For the second straight month I was underwhelmed.

The Art is from Nick Cutters 'The Deep'. I have not read and maybe that would have helped but my kind of thing:
              P1370514.jpg

A pint glass featuring Scott Smith's 'The Ruins'. You can't really go wrong with a high quality pint glass. But 'The Ruins' is one of the more disappointing books I have ever read. Scott Smith's first book 'A Simple Plan' was excellent but 'The Ruins' did not work for me:
              P1370515.jpg
              It is a nice glass though.

The pin is inspired by Dan Simmons 'Summer of Night'. Another I have not read and I do not care for the pin.
              P1370516.jpg

The book mark is actually fantastic!
              P1370518.jpg

The T-Shirt is also a fantastic item:
              P1370519.jpg

The bandana is another miss for me:
              P1370520.jpg
              Last edited by Martin; 02-18-2018, 07:23 PM.

Comment

The Nocturnal Reader's boxes have done a really good job of putting books in my hands that are either items I wanted but did not have or items I was unfamiliar with but interested in.

This month was a complete miss for me:
                The new release is 'S: Es' by Koji Suzuki. This is related to The Ring series. Honestly I have never had much interest in them. I may read this and learn I was wrong but not excited to read it.

The prior release is 'Cast A Cold Eye' by Alan Ryan. The description intrigues me but I have been less that thrilled what what I have read from him in the past.
                P1370521.jpg

Family photo and spoiler cards:
                P1370513.jpgP1370522.jpgP1370523.jpg

With the delivery issue of the last couple of months The Nocturnal Reader's Box now allows you to upgrade to priority shipping. I have taken that option so next month I look forward to getting my March box before they bill me for April. I also hope changing the shipping has the added luck of getting more items that interest me.

Comment

Received my Limited Edition of 'Widow's Point' by Richard and Billy Chizmar:
                  The detail on the cover art is fantastic. I have founding myself studying the art and finding things.
                  P1370524.jpg
                  P1370525.jpgP1370526.jpgP1370528.jpgP1370529.jpg

Comment

There is interior from Glenn Chadbourne scattered throughout the book:
                    P1370530.jpgP1370531.jpgP1370532.jpgP1370535.jpgP1370536.jpg

And because no self respecting horror novel should be without one, the centerfold:
                    P1370534.jpg

I am actually about half way through this one and must say it is a great read!

Comment

The Nocturnal Reader's boxes have done a really good job of putting books in my hands that are either items I wanted but did not have or items I was unfamiliar with but interested in.

This month was a complete miss for me:
                      The new release is 'S: Es' by Koji Suzuki. This is related to The Ring series. Honestly I have never had much interest in them. I may read this and learn I was wrong but not excited to read it.

The prior release is 'Cast A Cold Eye' by Alan Ryan. The description intrigues me but I have been less that thrilled what what I have read from him in the past.
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]20473[/ATTACH]

Family photo and spoiler cards:
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]20474[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20475[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20476[/ATTACH]

With the delivery issue of the last couple of months The Nocturnal Reader's Box now allows you to upgrade to priority shipping. I have taken that option so next month I look forward to getting my March box before they bill me for April. I also hope changing the shipping has the added luck of getting more items that interest me.
                      I HAD A VERY INTERESTING chat with Vincent from Nocturnal Reader's Box yesterday and while I can't share what he told me, I will say that now is a great time to keep that active subscription. And for those who haven't subscribed, you might want to consider jumping in. I think there will be some interesting things in the box going forward and other perks outside the box. I don't even have all the details, but I'm not going anywhere.

Comment

I HAD A VERY INTERESTING chat with Vincent from Nocturnal Reader's Box yesterday and while I can't share what he told me, I will say that now is a great time to keep that active subscription. And for those who haven't subscribed, you might want to consider jumping in. I think there will be some interesting things in the box going forward and other perks outside the box. I don't even have all the details, but I'm not going anywhere.
                        I am intrigued!

Comment

I am intrigued!
                          I wish I could say more. Secrets are heavy. And I have no one to "geek out with" as the youngsters say.

Comment

I wish I could say more. Secrets are heavy. And I have no one to "geek out with" as the youngsters say.
                            You can tell me, I wont tell.

Comment

This is safe place - all of our secrets stay secret . . .

Comment

Love the art in Widow's Point!

Comment

Working...
                                X