No announcement yet.

TerryE's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright Terry - this is the STUFF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

There looks to be a series in there....Ghost Story...Rosemary's Baby....where are those from?

Comment

Those were put out by the Book of the Month Club as "The Stephen King Horror Library". It was King's favorite horror books by other writers. King wrote introductions for all five books. Bookworm 1 has pictures of the covers in his collection thread on page 37.

I just did a little research about them, and there were supposed to be 10 books in the collection, but it seems the second 5 were never published. The complete set was to be:
        1. The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson
        2. Ghost Story by Peter Straub
        3. Rosemary's Baby by Ira Levin
        4. The House Next Door by Anne Rivers Siddons
        5. The Body Snatchers by Jack Finney
        6. Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury
        7. The Doll Who Ate His Mother by Ramsey Campbell
        8. Strange Wine by Harlan Ellison
        9. The Fog by James Herbert
        10. The Shrinking Man by Richard Matheson
        "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Wow, very cool. Thanks!

Comment

Love that copy of The Long Walk, great story too

Comment

Thanks, Tom. "The Long Walk" is my favorite Bachman book.
              "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Great stuff, Terry! Love the N&D art.
                "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
                  Thanks, Tom. "The Long Walk" is my favorite Bachman book.
                  Mine too!

Comment

Great collection, Terry. Did you private message me about something. I think I deleted it before I could read it.

Comment

Thanks. And, yes I did. I had a couple questions about your story. PM me and I'll get them to you, if you're willing to discuss. It's sort of a writer to writer, brain-picking kind of questions.

Comment

Now onto some magazines. Start with TV Guide, remember when it was a digest? Nice Wrightson cover on the one, and I finally got a chance to read "Before the Play".

Book 10 026.jpg

Comment

Book 10 027.jpgBook 10 030.jpgBook 10 031.jpg

Comment

Book 10 032.jpgBook 10 033.jpgBook 10 034.jpg

This copy of Weird Tales, I've had since it was on the news stand.

Comment

Book 10 035.jpgBook 10 036.jpgBook 10 037.jpg

Comment

My printout of "The Plant". It's a shame that he stopped it a second time. Maybe someday it'll be finished, but I'm not holding my breath.

Book 10 028.jpgBook 10 029.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X