No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So i got 3 Dean Koontz books right now, and I have read none of them. I picked up Watchers upon someones suggestion, and I also have Demon Seed (original paperback from the 70's not the re-write) and False Memory. I haven't read any of his works yet, and have heard mixed reviews, out of these 3 which is the best book to start with?

Comment

Theli - those are 3 I have not read, nor do I own, of his. I hear that Watchers is fantastic - I have that one, but have not got to it yet.

Comment

Watchers I great. False Memory is good. Have not read Demon Seed. My favorite Koontz book is Strangers. I hope to reread it later this year. do not know how that will work out as I am still so far behind on things I wanted to read this year. I am keeping with my goal to read one Brian Keene book a month to catch up on all of his stuff.5 so far this year. Probably my next book will be one of his. After I finish The Floors. A pretty good book so far.
        Originally posted by Theli View Post
        So i got 3 Dean Koontz books right now, and I have read none of them. I picked up Watchers upon someones suggestion, and I also have Demon Seed (original paperback from the 70's not the re-write) and False Memory. I haven't read any of his works yet, and have heard mixed reviews, out of these 3 which is the best book to start with?

Comment

Watchers. I can't remember how the other two were, but I've read Watchers more than once.

Comment

Funny how little sleep I get sometimes after a really long day. that and when you check the mail and 2 packages that are showing up as delivered you have yet to receive..... Hope I can figure that out and sleep a little more before work tonight.

Comment

Sleep, when you're dead. This is more important. Priorities, man, priorities!
              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

bookworm - I agree Strangers was a great read - one I will for sure read again.

Comment

Ha, I have 8 Koontz books, haven't read a single one yet either, lol! Most I got off the clearance shelves at Half Price Books though. I have one HC of his, The Husband, which I believe I got from a library sale once.

Should probably read something of his one of these days, lol
                  WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                  Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                    Yes what Squire said. I have to work tonight and will be getting home around 9:30 in the morning. Should I turn on my computer and wait or will I be able to get a few hours sleep?
                    You geezers need to get some blackberries on the go. I say blackberry because their email platform is the most reliable. I just wait for my phone to wake me up or rudely interrupt me at work. Altho today I went on CD and kept refreshing I'm case it was really good...but it wasn't. Not only was it not king related which I ready knew but it wasn't zombie related and not even slipcased.

Comment

Someone (I think Squire) was asking for a picture of a "franken box". So here's one, relatively tame in considering some of the one's I've had to make.

IMG_20130612_135119.jpg
                      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                        ... After I finish The Floors. A pretty good book so far.
                        Thanks, bookworm. That's a relief to hear!

I've not read Koontz in years. I've been hovering over the Odd Thomas series, but have too many books in the TBR pile to catch up on. I recall my (somewhat slimmer) teenage self finding Phantoms an absolute riot, though. I quite enjoyed the movie too!
                        The home of your least humble servant, Mr Poll: http://lucianpoll.com
                        Then, of course, there's the Twitter thing: @LucianPoll
                        ...oh, and the Facebook thing too: https://www.facebook.com/lucian.poll

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                          Someone (I think Squire) was asking for a picture of a "franken box". So here's one, relatively tame in considering some of the one's I've had to make.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12796[/ATTACH]
                          Looks sturdy

Comment

Ordered a new t-shirt today. I thought it was appropriate to post here.

CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Lovely weather were are having up here

Keep scrolling, lots of pictures.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/06/21...de-in-jeopardy

Don't worry I live in North Calgary thank god. Me and my family are all safe and sound. I even had to work today...BOOOO! My brother in law however works downtown so he got to stay home. Stampede might get postponed or cancelled but you don't even here a work about that here in calgary since everyone had more important things to worry about. This is nuts....a WHOLE lot of damage. Was supposed to look at an apartment in "Bowness" today but they got evacuated last night and its now mostly flooded as well.

Comment

Saw a bunch of photos this morning, what a mess. I always feel bad for people whose lives are affected by adverse weather, flooding, tornadoes etc. We live about 300 miles south-west in Sandpoint ID. We got about 6 inches over two days from the same storms but no flooding just high water.
                                If collecting is an illness, I must be terminal

Comment

Working...
                                X