No announcement yet.

Tasty Libation Thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chocolate covered cherry hot chocolate. Nuf said.
    Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Dan, color me impressed. That modified cooler - way to go. You've made a lot of different beers, which I'm sure is part of the fun. Thanks for sharing the stories and photos - now if only you could share the beer!

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick View Post
        Dan, color me impressed. That modified cooler - way to go. You've made a lot of different beers, which I'm sure is part of the fun. Thanks for sharing the stories and photos - now if only you could share the beer!
        Wait till I take some pictures of the next piece of equipment I've been building. It's a temperature controlled fermentation chamber.
        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

One of my favourite tipples (and a cider that actually tastes like what they're made out of - the pear, particularly, is heavenly)

SCOTT # 2.jpg

Comment

cheers!
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]2567[/ATTACH]
            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Those look tasty Grant! The name seems german-austrianish, so I'm guessing this could be grabbed in Europe? I'm always up for a tasty cider. Especially pear! When I went on a business trip to Austria a couple months back, I paid a visit to a small family run restaurant (it was on a farm) where they served meats and chesses they produced themselves. They also had this awesome pear cider/wine called möst. Mmmm.... I'll post some pics when i get home.

And damn, I gotta remember to post in this thread! Once I get better and stop feeling like I'm dying... Thought it would be a good idea to stop drinking while taking my flu meds...
              Last edited by peteOcha; 12-29-2011, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
                Those look tasty Grant! The name seems german-austrianish, so I'm guessing this could be grabbed in Europe? I'm always up for a tasty cider. Especially pear! When I went on a business trip to Austria a couple months back, I paid a visit to a small family run restaurant (it was on a farm) where they served meats and chesses they produced themselves. They also had this awesome pear cider/wine called möst. Mmmm.... I'll post some pics when i get home.

And damn, I gotta remember to post in this thread! Once I get better and stop feeling like I'm dying... Thought it would be a good idea to stop drinking while taking my flu meds...
                With you on the flu thing Pete, am coming down with a massive dose of summer flu as I type (nope, not Captain Trips ) which is a bugger seeing our Malaysian trip is coming up in just over a week !!! The cider is actually made here in Australia by one of the little boutique breweries that have sprung up all over in recent years - and, my, is it tasty ... My experience with cider (at least Down Under) is that they do not often taste of the fruit from which they are made - but this one, awesome !!!!! And, yep, post some of your pics, always interested in new ways to kill some brain cells

Comment

Had to share this one (although the Aussie contingent will remember it) - this advertisement for one of our beers (which, to me, tastes likes goats piss) is one of the best beer ads I've ever seen (looks heaps better on a big screen though - the setting is New Zealand, using some of the backdrops from LOTR)

Enjoy !!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylxkhtQL65Q
                  Last edited by Grant Wootton; 01-04-2012, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Great ad. Crap beer.

Comment

Hey Grant, is this sign outside your house???

84886-MAC.jpg
                      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Nah mate, only sign out front of my shack is this one warning the tourists about mossies

728181-we-039-re-going-to-need-more-aeroguard.jpg

Comment

And if the mossies down here don't get you the drop bears will.
                          drop bear.jpg

Comment

I must have missed the real Australia every time my ship ported there. The worst thing I had to worry about was every pizza I ordered having Spam on it. I order a pepperoni pizza, I get a pepperoni pizza--with Spam! I order a hamburger and onion pizza, I get a hamburger and onion pizza--with Spam! The only pizza I ever ordered that did not come with Spam on it was a Neopolitan (tomatoes, black olives, green peppers, and anchovies)--something I thought of only as an ice cream variety until I visited down under.

Great combo, tho. Now my favorite. Don't let me choose the pizza, I'll put anchovies on it!
                            Last edited by srboone; 01-04-2012, 11:42 AM.
                            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I'll have the Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, baked beans, and Spam.
                              "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                                Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Working...
                                X