Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949575859
Results 1,161 to 1,179 of 1179

Thread: Birthday greetings for forum members

  1. #1161
    Senior Member Hearing Voices bugen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,080
    Rep Power
    7
    Happy Birthday!
    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
    -John Barth

    https://bugensbooks.com/

  2. #1162
    Senior Member Hearing Voices mhatchett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Va
    Posts
    1,176
    Rep Power
    9
    Thanks guys! So far 60 feels a lot 59, let's hope it stays that way for the next 10 years LOL!!

  3. #1163
    Senior Member Hearing Voices Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    1,492
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by mhatchett View Post
    Thanks guys! So far 60 feels a lot 59, let's hope it stays that way for the next 10 years LOL!!
    I pretty much like I'm 10 most days

  4. #1164
    Senior Member 2nd Electroshock Session Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    3,992
    Rep Power
    15
    Happy Birthday Sock Monkey:

    Have some Sock Monkey Cake
    Sock Monkey Cake.jpg

  5. #1165
    Senior Member Hearing Voices mhatchett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Va
    Posts
    1,176
    Rep Power
    9
    Happy Monkey, Monkey LOL!!

  6. #1166
    Senior Member Hearing Voices Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    1,492
    Rep Power
    5
    That's awesome LOL. Happy B-Day, Keith!

  7. #1167
    Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Theli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Posts
    3,068
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Happy Birthday Sock Monkey:

    Have some Sock Monkey Cake
    Sock Monkey Cake.jpg
    Cannibalism!

    Happy birthday man!

  8. #1168
    Senior Member Hearing Voices bugen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,080
    Rep Power
    7
    Happy Birthday, Sock Monkey!
    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
    -John Barth

    https://bugensbooks.com/

  9. #1169
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,559
    Rep Power
    9
    Thanks, everyone! It was the big 40 this year. Great time was had with family and friends!

    And that sock monkey cake is awesome!

  10. #1170
    Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Theli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Posts
    3,068
    Rep Power
    12
    Did you get any spoils this year?

  11. #1171
    Senior Member 2nd Electroshock Session Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    3,992
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Thanks, everyone! It was the big 40 this year. Great time was had with family and friends!

    And that sock monkey cake is awesome!
    Glad you enjoyed the cake. My penmanship leave something to be desired so the cake baker made the wrong cake the first time.
    Brain Monkey.png
    Still not sure how she got Brain from Sock but hey, it was delicious!

  12. #1172
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,559
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    Did you get any spoils this year?
    Nothing book-wise save for a $300 gift certificate for CD, which is VERY cool, but not "picture-worthy". My wife did let me go a little crazy during Barnes & Noble's recent 50% off Criterion Collection sale. With an MSRP of $39.99 for blu-rays, I usually have to wait until these types of sales to get caught up with their releases. Though I will NOT be waiting for a sale when they release their remastered blu of Night of the Living Dead in February. Romero was involved with the process prior to his passing, so it has the "official seal of approval".

    IMG_0848.jpgIMG_0849.jpg

    Nothing that would really appeal to the horror crowd but the list is:
    Safety Last! (1923) I picked this up on DVD instead of Blu due to budget restraints, but kinda wishing I had plopped down the extra five bucks...
    It Happened One Night (1934)
    His Girl Friday (1940)
    The Killing (1956)
    Anatomy of a Murder (1959)
    Seconds (1966)
    Dazed and Confused (1993) Yeah, there are cheaper Blu-rays of this, but nothing beats Criterion's quality and special features.

  13. #1173
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,559
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Glad you enjoyed the cake. My penmanship leave something to be desired so the cake baker made the wrong cake the first time.
    Brain Monkey.png
    Still not sure how she got Brain from Sock but hey, it was delicious!
    The monkey brain is awesome!

  14. #1174
    Senior Member 2nd Electroshock Session Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    3,992
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Nothing book-wise save for a $300 gift certificate for CD, which is VERY cool, but not "picture-worthy". My wife did let me go a little crazy during Barnes & Noble's recent 50% off Criterion Collection sale. With an MSRP of $39.99 for blu-rays, I usually have to wait until these types of sales to get caught up with their releases. Though I will NOT be waiting for a sale when they release their remastered blu of Night of the Living Dead in February. Romero was involved with the process prior to his passing, so it has the "official seal of approval".

    IMG_0848.jpgIMG_0849.jpg

    Nothing that would really appeal to the horror crowd but the list is:
    Safety Last! (1923) I picked this up on DVD instead of Blu due to budget restraints, but kinda wishing I had plopped down the extra five bucks...
    It Happened One Night (1934)
    His Girl Friday (1940)
    The Killing (1956)
    Anatomy of a Murder (1959)
    Seconds (1966)
    Dazed and Confused (1993) Yeah, there are cheaper Blu-rays of this, but nothing beats Criterion's quality and special features.
    I must find a Blu Ray copy of Safety Last. I love Harold Lloyd!

    Great pick ups!

  15. #1175
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,559
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I must find a Blu Ray copy of Safety Last. I love Harold Lloyd!

    Great pick ups!
    Thanks! Silent Cinema is one of my weak points, but I'd heard about Safety Last! on a podcast recently and had marked it down to check it out. I didn't know Criterion had put it out until I stumbled upon it during my browsing at the local B&N. I'm very much looking forward to watching it!

  16. #1176
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    609
    Rep Power
    8
    Another Harold Lloyd fan here...thrilled to see others here mention him.

    Great, too, to see The Killing. As a big noir fan, the combination of Lionel White's source novel and Jim Thompson's screenplay is like catnip.
    Last edited by RonClinton; 12-07-2017 at 07:05 PM.

  17. #1177
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,559
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    Another Harold Lloyd fan here...thrilled to see others here mention him.
    Wow, us CD forum posters are well-rounded crew. I thought I'd post that and there would be crickets...

  18. #1178
    Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Theli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Posts
    3,068
    Rep Power
    12
    Fantastic Criterion haul!

  19. #1179
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,559
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    Fantastic Criterion haul!
    I can’t wait to dig into them! I’m debating on where to start...

Similar Threads

  1. CD Forum Birthday Trivia Contest
    By Dan Hocker in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 05-10-2012, 12:46 AM
  2. New Forum Features
    By Dan Hocker in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 03-19-2012, 04:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •