No announcement yet.

The Dark Tower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Javier would be great! I don't have a problem with him as Roland. But, in 10 years, I might.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Totally agree with you, Teri, on all the points raised !!!!

Comment

That Because I'm right, as always. If you disagreed you'd just be wrong...can't have that now can we

Comment

Sure we can Teri, sure we can

Comment

An update:

http://www.deadline.com/2012/08/warn...is-in-the-mix/

I hope the script goes through. As for Javier out and Crowe in... I guess I could see Crowe as a better fit than Javier, solely based on the reason that I like him as an actor more.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
              Oh he doesn't, but he had to sell them the rights. I don't know about you, but if I was him I wouldn't sell the rights of my book to someone I didn't think could make a good movie out of it.
              Yeah, but unfortunately he seems to have done that quite a bit in the past!

Comment

Originally posted by Xiabei View Post
                Yeah, but unfortunately he seems to have done that quite a bit in the past!
                Yea but I'm sure he thought the people he sold them to could make good movies out of them. Granted I don't know much of anything about the process.
                CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I like Crowe, but I can't really see him as Roland. I think Viggo Mortenson would be a better fit since Clint is definitely not young enough for the role anymore.
                  WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                  Spoiler!

Comment

Viggo would be good. I could see Timothy Olyphant as Roland too.

Comment

I always think "that person jsut isn't right for the role" base on physical charactersitics, but the great ones always manage to pull it off. Roland as a weathered, gaunt figure is hard to shake, but Crowe could find a way to do justice to the role. That being said, I thought so in 1985 that Harrison Ford would make a great Roland and I still think he could pull it off at 70 years of age. He was terrific as Lonnegan in Cowboys & Aliens. And Roland is ancient, laconic, and deliberate anyway. Until he pulls his guns...
                      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

One idea I've read a lot of that I find myself agreeing with more and more when I think of it, I think that this series should be done outside of the big screen. A TV series on HBO with lesser known actors would probably work a lot better than the current plan. Stephen King books made into movies typically aren't the greatest and don't really get the box office success that something like this would demand. I don't want to watch the first movie and then see nothing else done because it wasn't a good enough money maker.
                        Spoiler!

Comment

Well the plan is to do a movie plus a series, which I think is an interesting concept...

Comment

Yeah, it is, but don't know how I feel about it. If it was someone like Frank Darabont doing this I would be less iffy about it all as he does a damn good job with bringing Stephen King's work to the big screen
                            Spoiler!

Comment

Yeah, Frank would be perfect, both for the movie and the series.

Comment

I can't think of anyone who I would trust more with King's work than Frank. At least it isn't Mick Garris, lol. Not that I hate his work, but his stuff is way too hit or miss for me to trust him with something this big.
                                Spoiler!

Comment

Working...
                                X