No announcement yet.

Must read Koontz books...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have not read a lot of Koontz but of the few I have read I would say that Intensity was my favorite.

Comment

I head that, that was a good one. Unless I get one given to me, I probably won't be buying a few for a while. I have 3 more after TickTock that I have to jump into that were given to me a few months back. Plus I have at least 3 CD books that have arrived recently too.

His new one 77 Shadow Street looks like it could be a good read too - flipped through it at a store in town, and as I said, looks to be pretty good. I have not heard any reviews on it though.

Comment

The Dark Place is a definite!

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
          Ok, while Koontz has been of my reading list for a few years now, since his stories stopped holding my interest, I think he has a good list of must read titles. Here's a few:

Watchers
          Whispers
          Lightning
          Strangers
          Midnight
          Bad Place
          Phantoms
          Dark Rivers of the Heart
          Love, love all his books! Loved the Watchers, Your Heart Belongs to Me, Tick Tock, Hideway, Midnight, Twilight Eyes.

Basically everything his written I loved. He is one of my favorite authors for sure. Someone I read when I need inspiration.
          Published Authors share their success stories

My love of Ancient Egypt

Comment

I will be finishing The Key to Midnight tonight. It is one of those that I always skipped over for some reason, and my daughter got it for me at Xmas. I finally felt I needed to slip a Koontz into my reads, and was pleasantly surprised at this one. It's quite an exciting story, and virtually no supernatural stuff going on. It's a story involving real people, experiencing some potentially real events. A little mystery, a little political intrigue, and of course a little love story thrown in as well.

If you like Koontz, I would say add this to your must read list.

Comment

Dean Koontz was really the first author i really fell in love with when I was younger, or Dean R Koontz back than. I really didn't start reading until I was in high school and read a few books by Stephen King and liked them but one day I saw Lightning by Koontz at a grocery store and read the first paragraph and was hooked. I really went wild with his books and I think i read most of what he had out at the time but I might be wrong. The only one i didn't finish was about a small mountain town where everyone had dissappeared and I think some people were found dead. I can't recall the name though. I lost the book and for whatever reason never replaced it. But of those early works, four stand out to me; Lightning, The Bad Place, Strangers and Twilight Eyes. Since then though I had kids and reading came to a complete stop. I have now started reading again and one of the first ones I got was 77 Shadow Street and was really dissappointed with it. So unless something he does just jumps out at me, I might just leave him alone unless I go through his list and find something from "the good ol days" that I missed.

Comment

I read Wilderness a couple days ago. Interesting, short story intro to his next novel, Innocence.

Comment

I've heard some not so good reviews on 77 Shadow Street - never bothered to grab that. Innocence looks like it might be good though.

kingkrazy - I think Strangers is the best of his works that I have read so far. I did like Whispers a lot too, and Phantoms. TikTok was good, but not great.

Comment

I've heard some not so good reviews on 77 Shadow Street - never bothered to grab that. Innocence looks like it might be good though.

kingkrazy - I think Strangers is the best of his works that I have read so far. I did like Whispers a lot too, and Phantoms. TikTok was good, but not great.

Comment

I noticed there's another Koontz novel on the horizon....

http://www.amazon.com/The-City-Novel...mm_hrd_title_0

Comment

SCRIPHmmm...might be interesting. The description is a little vague, though. I find Koontz to be a little hit or miss, but I'll probably keep an eye out for it. What's one more book on the old TBR pile

Comment

To be honest it doesn't sound like my cup of tea, but who knows it might be damn good.

Comment

I liked 77 Shadow Street a lot. A must-read Dean Koontz series is the Odd Thomas books. The last one St. Odd will be released Dec. 14th.

Comment

I haven't read anything by Koontz in a while. I might need to change that soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X