Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4686949596
Results 1,901 to 1,903 of 1903

Thread: Rate the Last Movie You Saw

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed c marvel's Avatar
    On Wed. evening, I saw Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2. I did see the first Guardians movie which was better than I anticipated. The choices at the movie cinema where I was were less than stellar so I wound up choosing Guardians, Vol. 2. I liked it better than the first Guardians movie and really enjoyed it.

Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Senior Member Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... srboone's Avatar
    Vol 2. was positively psychedelic! I like it a lot, but it could have benefited from a couple more scenes like the opening, where the apocalyptic battle takes place in the background. The two scenes in which that occurs sums up the subversiveness of the GotG franchise. It's also a pretty scathing critique on the more bloated entries in the MCU. Beautiful CGI that never seems gratuitous.

The first great film of 2017 that I've seen, though, is not form the US. Baahubali 2: The Conclusion is 3-hour Indian fantasy/action adventure film that blows away anything Hollywood has done in the last decade. You can see how Jackson's LOTR series inspired it, but it never copies those films. Everything about the film is first class: writing, acting, directing, cinematography, score, action set pieces, etc. I was concerned about not having seen the first film (Baalhubali: The Beginning), but some expertly paced and placed flashbacks took care of that. I had to travel 25 miles to see it and the ticket price was near outrageous, but it was soooooo worth it. Highly recommended if subtitled films don't bother you.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Junior Member Visitor
    Speaking of Indian films, I watched Drishyam over the weekend on Netflix. It's a long, but enjoyable movie, about a family that gets involved in a criminal investigation. The less said, the better. I thought it was very well done.