Rate the Last Movie You Saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by srboone View Post
    Cabin in the Woods: Five college students off to spend a weekend at a cousin's wilderness cabin: a whore, an athelete, a scholar, a fool, and a virgin. Hmmmm....to reveal anything more would spoil the fun. The movie isn't particularly scary, but it is rather ingenius, funny and very, very gory. Hours will be spent (and pints consumed) on identifying all of the horrorscifi movie references and allusions in this movie. It's a gorehound's and fanboy's dream movie. And for those of you who are neither, it's just plain fun...and strange.

And at the end...a psychotic, knife wielding clown!

4/5
    Saw the first showing of this one near me yesterday, unless there was a midnight premiere somewhere close that I wouldn't have gone to anyway, and have to agree. This movie gets a definite A from me. Not scary in my opinion, though there are some scenes that may make you jump (I don't consider that as being scared as it's more about surprise), but definitely a pleasure to watch and definitely funny (on purpose as opposed to movies that are funny because of how stupid they are)
    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
    Spoiler!

Comment

Ahhh, vacation time, finally can catch up on some movies.

So tonight the wife got to pick. The Help - actually turned out pretty good and I must say that I enjoyed watching it. 4/5 for me. Tomorrow I get to pick, going to watch the new Planet of the Apes flick as I haven't seen it yet.

Comment

Planet of the Apes is good. I hope they make a sequel. Just saw American Reunion. I enjoyed it. Thought it was better then the third one. I'd give 3.5/5.

Comment

The Descendants - awesome. 4.5/5

Comment

I was planning to go see Battleship today.
            The reviews were pretty poor, so I'm staying home and will finally read one of my Conan Dark Horse collections.

sk

Comment

Good choice, Siep! It's scheduled to open in the States on 18 May. But, that's when I rearrange my sock drawer.

(anybody know what movie that's from?)
              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

The Sure Thing!

sk

Comment

Great job, Siep. Did you know it or search for it ('cause when I searched for it, it didn't come up..)?
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Hugo - 4/5. A nice all around family movie with some bits of history included. Wish I had seen this one in 3D at the movies, I read online that it was supposed to be one of the best 3D movies to date.

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                      Great job, Siep. Did you know it or search for it ('cause when I searched for it, it didn't come up..)?
                      When I searched, this title came out on top....

sk

Comment

I figured, like me you were old enough t ohave seen it in it's first run....
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

You figured right, Squire!
                          But I never did see it.

sk

Comment

As far as teen romantic comedies go, it's pretty good.
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Well, I woke up in the mood for a bad movie today, so I trotted off to my local theater for a $5 showing of

The Three Stooges: I never liked these guys as a kid; I thought they were stoopid and annoying. Well, they haven't gotten better with age as this movie proves. That being said, I can't completely dismiss it for a number of reasons: 1)The openning sequences with the trio as kids are pretty good; 2) certain individual scenes have a demented hilariarity to them that transcends the material--for example, a shot of the stooges selling "farm-raised" salmon on a golf course--but these are few and far between; 3) watching these clowns work their tired antics on the cast of "Jersey Shore" was the hightlight of the movie; and 4) immeditatly after the film (before the credits) watching two actors playing the Farrelly Borthers (writers/directors of the film) explain how none of the slapstick was real (there were even credits for them, but they were called Handsome Man #1 & #2.)

But none of this really ads up to an entertaining move, though it would have made a great trailer!

2/5
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Ides of March - 3.75/5. I like Gosling, ever since his role in the Fanatic. An ok movie, nothing new, but I don't regret the time I spent watching it.

Comment

Working...
                                X