Page 100 of 100 FirstFirst ... 50909899100
Results 1,981 to 1,984 of 1984

Thread: Rate the Last Movie You Saw

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Brian861's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    You would be correct. 2 and 3 are The Last Jedi and Rouge One. I still can't decide which I like better.
    Mine as well, as most fans I'd image. I really enjoyed Rouge One. Still a few weeks out before I get to The Last Jedi. My hopes are high!

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Watched a trio of flicks over New Year's Eve and Day:

Detriot is a brutal, nerve-wracking tale of abuse of power leading to senseless death during the Detriot riots. Though a little long, it's a powerful movie anchored with amazing performances. A-

Dunkirk didn't quite do it for me as much as other Christopher Nolan films and I don't know how much I will rewatch it, but for sheer film-making this movie felt up there with the best of Spielberg. A-

Brawl in Cell Block 99 couldn't quite live up to my expectations after absolutely loving the director's previous film, Bone Tomahawk. An interesting exploitation flick throwback, this rather deliberately paced, very bloody flick is anchored by Vince Vaughn's knockout performance of an incarcerated drug runner who has to resort to more and more violence to protect his wife and unborn child. It didn't quite hit the mark for me, but I feel it will get better with repeat viewings. Grade: B

And, since my wife LOVED Brawl, I had to show her Bone Tomahawk, which she loved as well and is still one of the best flicks I've seen in recent years. Love this violent horror/western. If you haven't seen it yet, take the time to check it out. A+

Senior Member Inmate
    Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Watched a trio of flicks over New Year's Eve and Day:

Detriot is a brutal, nerve-wracking tale of abuse of power leading to senseless death during the Detriot riots. Though a little long, it's a powerful movie anchored with amazing performances. A-

Dunkirk didn't quite do it for me as much as other Christopher Nolan films and I don't know how much I will rewatch it, but for sheer film-making this movie felt up there with the best of Spielberg. A-

Brawl in Cell Block 99 couldn't quite live up to my expectations after absolutely loving the director's previous film, Bone Tomahawk. An interesting exploitation flick throwback, this rather deliberately paced, very bloody flick is anchored by Vince Vaughn's knockout performance of an incarcerated drug runner who has to resort to more and more violence to protect his wife and unborn child. It didn't quite hit the mark for me, but I feel it will get better with repeat viewings. Grade: B

And, since my wife LOVED Brawl, I had to show her Bone Tomahawk, which she loved as well and is still one of the best flicks I've seen in recent years. Love this violent horror/western. If you haven't seen it yet, take the time to check it out. A+
    I tell people that Bone Tomahawk is like a mash-up of Unforgiven and Off Season. Fantastic movie! Kurt Russel is awesome in it. And now I have to see Brawl!!!

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I tell people that Bone Tomahawk is like a mash-up of Unforgiven and Off Season. Fantastic movie! Kurt Russel is awesome in it. And now I have to see Brawl!!!
    That is an apt description. And I fully believe that every movie would be made better with 50% more Kurt Russell in it. Speaking of which, a few days before Christmas I caught a double feature at a local theater of John Carpenter’s The Thing and the original Black Christmas. I love The Thing and couldn’t pass seeing it on the big screen and have been meaning to check out Black Christmas for years. There was only about 15 of us in attendance, but it was a blast!