Page 180 of 180 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180
Results 3,581 to 3,596 of 3596

Thread: Post Your Latest Purchase

  1. #3581
    Senior Member Hearing Voices mhatchett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Va
    Posts
    1,252
    Rep Power
    9
    The Subterranean Press grab bag has arrived, It feels weighty, fortuitous. I wrestle it into the Living room, with a practiced flip of the wrist, I open my constant companion, the Gerber Applegate-Fairburn combat knife. I slice the packing tape, not to deep, don’t want to damage the books, too shallow and you have to do it again.
    “your going to hurt yourself with that knife. Be careful.” Wives!
    The box explodes. Hated packing peanuts all over the floor. Plastic bags and packing peanuts the scourge of modern man. Another reason I like Centipede Press, they use bubble wrap lol!! And now the moment I’ve been waiting 12 days for.
    So, what do we have. Not the jack-pot I was hoping for, no McCammon, Abercrombie, Brett or Scalzi. I did get: Station Eleven Emilt St. John Mandel, Heroes and Villains Lewis Shiner, Perdido Peter Straub, The emperor and the Maula Robert Silverberg, Penric’s Mission Lois McMaster Bujold, The Compleat Crow Brian Lumley, River’s Edge James P. Blaylock, Eternity’s Wheel Neil Gaiman, et al, Lost Soul Kelly Armstrong, The Unorthodox Dr. Draper and other stories William Browning Spencer and The Millennium Express 1995-2009 Robert Silverberg.
    Not over joyed, but not completely disappointed.
    Have a great Weekend everybody!!

    Tried to upload some photos but they wouldn't take. I'll try again later.
    Last edited by mhatchett; 03-24-2018 at 10:11 PM.

  2. #3582
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    577
    Rep Power
    6
    After what proved to be a whirlwind experience - I just acquired one of those hard to find - never seen one for sale - items that gets me closer to "completing" my Joe Lansdale collection:

    The Cases of Dana Roberts chapbook!
    IMG_4413.JPG

    Of course, this gets to me practically the same day that this is announced (or at least I found out about it) . . . it's almost like the universe is mocking my collecting . . .

  3. #3583
    Senior Member Totally Insane Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    4,386
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    After what proved to be a whirlwind experience - I just acquired one of those hard to find - never seen one for sale - items that gets me closer to "completing" my Joe Lansdale collection:

    The Cases of Dana Roberts chapbook!
    IMG_4413.JPG

    Of course, this gets to me practically the same day that this is announced (or at least I found out about it) . . . it's almost like the universe is mocking my collecting . . .
    Congratulations, I have never heard of that one.

  4. #3584
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    778
    Rep Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    After what proved to be a whirlwind experience - I just acquired one of those hard to find - never seen one for sale - items that gets me closer to "completing" my Joe Lansdale collection:

    The Cases of Dana Roberts chapbook!
    IMG_4413.JPG

    Of course, this gets to me practically the same day that this is announced (or at least I found out about it) . . . it's almost like the universe is mocking my collecting . . .
    Congrats — that is indeed a tough one to find! I’m in for that new one you mention, but only because I’ve had no luck finding the one you picked up.

  5. #3585
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    577
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Congratulations, I have never heard of that one.
    It was only available when you purchased the LE of Sub Press's Tales of Dark Fantasy 2. It was limited to 250 copies, so I assume that there is only 250 of these as well (no numbering, not signed.)

    It'll look nice next to my Little Green Book of Monster Stories.

  6. #3586
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    577
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    Congrats — that is indeed a tough one to find! I’m in for that new one you mention, but only because I’ve had no luck finding the one you picked up.
    Thanks!

    I'm surprised how hard this was to find - 250 copies (assuming based on copies of LE ToDF2) - it's not that limited compared to other Lansdale books I have.

  7. #3587
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    1,644
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    Thanks!

    I'm surprised how hard this was to find - 250 copies (assuming based on copies of LE ToDF2) - it's not that limited compared to other Lansdale books I have.
    Congrats, Jason!

  8. #3588
    Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    7
    That’s a really nice looking edition. Congrats!

  9. #3589
    Senior Member Inmate c marvel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    386
    Rep Power
    5
    This was on sale at the Centipede Press site. It's the unsigned version. Does anyone now the page count? I didn't see that info. listed.
    Cornell Woolrich - Stories to Be Whispered.


    Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

  10. #3590
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    778
    Rep Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by c marvel View Post
    This was on sale at the Centipede Press site. It's the unsigned version. Does anyone now the page count? I didn't see that info. listed.
    Cornell Woolrich - Stories to Be Whispered.


    Cap
    Just checked my copy...485 pages.

  11. #3591
    Junior Member Visitor Marmaduke Grigsby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    SE Illinois
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    0
    Today's mail: Lost and Lonely by Brian James Freeman. Signed by Brian and Glenn Chadbourne. Nice illustrations throughout. I confess that I haven't yet read any of Brian's writing, so I am anxious to dig into this one.

    Lost and Lonely.jpg
    Lost and Lonely Sigs.jpg

  12. #3592
    Senior Member Totally Insane Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    4,386
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
    Today's mail: Lost and Lonely by Brian James Freeman. Signed by Brian and Glenn Chadbourne. Nice illustrations throughout. I confess that I haven't yet read any of Brian's writing, so I am anxious to dig into this one.

    Lost and Lonely.jpg
    Lost and Lonely Sigs.jpg
    I think you will like Brian's writing, his stories always evoke emotions for me.

  13. #3593
    Senior Member Inmate c marvel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    386
    Rep Power
    5
    In today's mail I got the Centipede Press book I previously mentioned-Stories To Be Whispered: The Collected Short Fiction of Cornell Woolrich, Volume Two. It's a very impressive looking book. I also got another Dark Regions Double-The Blue Heron by Gene O'Neill & The Crucifixion Experiments by Gord Rollo.


    Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

  14. #3594
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Posts
    6,528
    Rep Power
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by c marvel View Post
    In today's mail I got the Centipede Press book I previously mentioned-Stories To Be Whispered: The Collected Short Fiction of Cornell Woolrich, Volume Two. It's a very impressive looking book. I also got another Dark Regions Double-The Blue Heron by Gene O'Neill & The Crucifixion Experiments by Gord Rollo.


    Cap
    I have that Dark Regions Double also. I really need to get to it. I th I k Gord Rollo is another author who doesn't get enough attention. The Jigsaw Man is one of my favorite books. You can't go wrong with Gene O'Neill either. His Taste of Tenderloin is an absolutely wonderful collection of stories.

  15. #3595
    Senior Member Totally Insane Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    4,386
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    I have that Dark Regions Double also. I really need to get to it. I th I k Gord Rollo is another author who doesn't get enough attention. The Jigsaw Man is one of my favorite books. You can't go wrong with Gene O'Neill either. His Taste of Tenderloin is an absolutely wonderful collection of stories.
    I am going to post my box in my collection thread so if you do not want a spoiler avoid it until you get yours.

  16. #3596
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Posts
    6,528
    Rep Power
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I am going to post my box in my collection thread so if you do not want a spoiler avoid it until you get yours.
    Thanks for the heads up.

Similar Threads

  1. eBook Purchase/Download Help
    By Dan Hocker in forum eBook Projects
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-16-2013, 12:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •