• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Ron,
    You should be able to read Jeff's review here:

https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/70716397-jeff-terry

Jeff,
    I concur with Ron with regards to being offended. I liked it you, did not. I read your review and take no offense in anything you wrote, with the possible exception where you said 'I'm sure you are a wonderful person in every way'. You see I am a very flawed person, like we all are!
    HAHAHAH OR you could read my review on Goodreads.

Comment

Thanks, Martin. Ok, yes, that was "unfiltered," Jeff, and there is certainly something to be said about that required suspension of disbelief in much of Little's work. It's a shame you didn't enjoy it, but I give you bonus points for sticking with it to the end to make a fair, informed judgment on it.

If you're ever feeling particularly masochistic, I'd recommend the THE STORE (for similar but heightened themes if you found THE MAILMAN too quite or pointless) or THE IGNORED (for something very different than either THE MAILMAN or THE STORE and perhaps more to your liking).

That said, you're probably best chalking it up to a failed Love Connection to Little and move on. You're like Miss 86% who says to host Chuck Woolery, "Thanks, but no thanks."

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
        Thanks, Martin. Ok, yes, that was "unfiltered," Jeff, and there is certainly something to be said about that required suspension of disbelief in much of Little's work. It's a shame you didn't enjoy it, but I give you bonus points for sticking with it to the end to make a fair, informed judgment on it.

If you're ever feeling particularly masochistic, I'd recommend the THE STORE (for similar but heightened themes if you found THE MAILMAN too quite or pointless) or THE IGNORED (for something very different than either THE MAILMAN or THE STORE and perhaps more to your liking).

That said, you're probably best chalking it up to a failed Love Connection to Little and move on. You're like Miss 86% who says to host Chuck Woolery, "Thanks, but no thanks."

This is spectacular. I now know what I'll use for my profile pic. And I can't see how that guy wouldn't make a love connection every time. Be back in 2 minutes and 2 seconds!

[after 02:02]

And we're back. If I ever do try Little again, I'll try THE STORE. That's the other one that's been recommended to me a few times. But that's a big IF. I do hate giving up and with such loyal fans, it just might be possible for me to go on another date with Bentley.

Comment

I’ll spare you all the amount of my travels yesterday, but I eventually found myself in Everett of all places. We first went to the Funko store to experience that craziness. And then we went to this amazing toy store called BobaKahn (it too me a while to figure out the name ...)

It was like walking into my childhood toy box - they had everything I used to have - and it was all for sale! Fortunately I didn’t buy anything (that Snake Eyes with wolf was VERY tempting!)

As I was waiting for the GF to pay for her two MLP figures (the reason we went actually) I was looking through some prints they had from a local artist and picked this up:

540FC6FA-F001-4DDB-860C-C131DD468FA1.jpg
          (Apologies if this comes out giant - posting from my iPad and sometimes this doesn’t work as designed ...)

Since I share an office, I have walls I’m allowed to decorate, and this will soon be joining all of the other prints I’m in the process of hanging up.
          Last edited by TacomaDiver; 02-18-2018, 05:12 PM.

Comment

That's pretty cool, Jason!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
              That's pretty cool, Jason!
              Thanks man!

Comment

That is a fantastic print. Congratulations!

Comment

I love that print. It would look good on the wall of my office!

Comment

Thank you! I thought it was great - especially since it's not bloody or disgusting and no one should complain about it at work (if they, I'll complain about their professional american football crap everywhere . . .)

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                      Thank you! I thought it was great - especially since it's not bloody or disgusting and no one should complain about it at work (if they, I'll complain about their professional american football crap everywhere . . .)
                      I like it so much I went looking for it and found it. Unfortunately, postage to Australia is about $70 so I'll hold off for now...

Comment

Originally posted by HumphreyBear View Post
                        I like it so much I went looking for it and found it. Unfortunately, postage to Australia is about $70 so I'll hold off for now...
                        $70???? I wonder if I could ship it cheaper than that ... because that seems a tad excessive.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                          $70???? I wonder if I could ship it cheaper than that ... because that seems a tad excessive.
                          International shipping has gotten outrageous. I shipped a copy of The Shining (CD Doubleday Years) to the UK and the cheapest option was just over $60.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                            International shipping has gotten outrageous. I shipped a copy of The Shining (CD Doubleday Years) to the UK and the cheapest option was just over $60.
                            Yea The Shining would have had to go Priority Mail. Depending how big the print is though you should be able to ship it in a tube for maybe $30 give or take, if you ship it First Class package rates.
                            CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                              Yea The Shining would have had to go Priority Mail. Depending how big the print is though you should be able to ship it in a tube for maybe $30 give or take, if you ship it First Class package rates.
                              International mail from the US is expensive. It's just something we have to live with. It certainly affects my buying choices - in many cases, the postage is more than the goods. Not much we can do about it.

In this case, there was only one option for postage on the website. I will look elsewhere...
                              Last edited by HumphreyBear; 02-20-2018, 09:57 PM. Reason: finished prematurely

Comment

Originally posted by HumphreyBear View Post
                                International mail from the US is expensive. It's just something we have to live with. It certainly affects my buying choices - in many cases, the postage is more than the goods. Not much we can do about it.

In this case, there was only one option for postage on the website. I will look elsewhere...
                                Yea it's pretty absurd. I think I said this in another thread, but we've found instances where it's cheaper to ship something to Canada from the UK than it is from the US. Which makes no sense at all.
                                CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                                Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Working...
                                X