Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[INDEXED]The Exorcist and Legion (Special Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[INDEXED]The Exorcist and Legion (Special Edition)

Author: William Peter Blatty
    Artist: Keith Minnion (interiors)
    Page Count: 552
    Pub. Date: December 22, 2010
    ISBN: 978-1-58767-211-8

The Exorcist and Legion Special Edition
    by William Peter Blatty

Artwork by: Keith Minnion

A Note For Collectors:
    The signed Limited Edition and Lettered Edition both sold out pre-publication.
    About this Special Edition:
    Featuring two classic William Peter Blatty novels in one beautiful volume for the first-time ever, this oversized deluxe special edition will be a must-have for any collector of horror! This incredible collector's edition also includes original B&W artwork by acclaimed artist Keith Minnion and a career spanning interview conducted by Cemetery Dance Managing Editor Brian Freeman, covering Blatty's life and career from the 1950s to the present. Both the Limited Edition and the Lettered Edition are signed by William Peter Blatty and there are no plans at this time to publish a trade edition of this special volume.

A Note From the Author:
    "I have for many years envisioned The Exorcist and Legion to be one continuous read, even though the former is a fact-based, clearly 'religious thriller,' while the story of Legion delivers more excitingly on the level of a pure 'entertain-ment.' Never-the-less, it is Legion and not The Exorcist that is by far the more ambitious work in that the demonic homicides that police Lt. Kinderman is investigating are of much lesser concern to him than solving that case of cosmic homicide that for eons, and for so many and for so long, has been the foremost stumbling block to belief in a benevolent Creator, namely the so-called 'Problem of Evil,' to which Legion brazenly offers a solution."

Published in two states:
    Deluxe Oversized Hardcover Limited Edition of 750 signed and numbered copies bound in full-cloth, Smyth sewn, and issued without a dust jacket to resemble an old world volume ($75)
    Deluxe Traycased Hardcover Lettered Edition of 52 signed and lettered copies bound in leather and Smyth sewn with satin ribbon page marker ($400)
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Love this edition of the book, great artwork (as usual) and really like the cover design
    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
    Spoiler!

Comment

Does anyone know when the lettered editions will ship? I was lucky enough to get one. I have received the limited (nice!) but not the lettered.

Comment

For anybody debating tracking down this title, it is VERY WORTH the effort. It's a stunning oversize title. Great art and production values!!

Comment

This was a title I highly coveted for the longest time, but was never able to allocate an extra 75 dollars it would have cost to purchase it. I'm hoping I can find a copy on the secondary market, though I don't know if I want to know how much extra it will cost me. Based on customer reviews, however, it may be worth it anyway.
          "Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn!"

Comment

Originally posted by the_last_gunslinger View Post
            This was a title I highly coveted for the longest time, but was never able to allocate an extra 75 dollars it would have cost to purchase it. I'm hoping I can find a copy on the secondary market, though I don't know if I want to know how much extra it will cost me. Based on customer reviews, however, it may be worth it anyway.
            We sold some dinged copies at a decent discount not to long ago, we might have a few copies left. Send me an email if you're interested.
            CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by mapaul View Post
              Does anyone know when the lettered editions will ship? I was lucky enough to get one. I have received the limited (nice!) but not the lettered.
              We're aiming by the end of the year. The Lettered book itself is done and gorgeous, we just need the traycases. Our Lettered Editions are way behind schedule due to a couple of vendor issues, but we've worked all of those out so now it's just a matter of catching-up. We've planned a HUGE push this summer if all goes well, and we'll be sending out some updates when we know each Lettered Edition's expected delivery date. Thanks!

Brian
              Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
              My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

I would check out EBay or Amazon marketplace (usually Ebay is better, but have found some stuff cheaper on Amazon). I know I saw at least a couple copies of this book go for a lot cheaper than I would sell mine if I ever did.
                WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                Spoiler!

Comment

If it wasn't for CD releasing this omnibus, I don't think I ever would have read these classic novels. I am SO glad they did. These stories were beyond my expectations and I had a blast reading them!

Comment

Originally posted by Antmusic View Post
                    If it wasn't for CD releasing this omnibus, I don't think I ever would have read these classic novels. I am SO glad they did. These stories were beyond my expectations and I had a blast reading them!
                    One of the biggest thrills I've had is emailing with Bill Blatty hundreds of times during the production of Elsewhere and The Exorcist/Legion. I know it sounds silly, but I still smile whenever I see a new email from him! He's just such a nice guy.

Brian
                    Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Freeman View Post
                      One of the biggest thrills I've had is emailing with Bill Blatty hundreds of times during the production of Elsewhere and The Exorcist/Legion. I know it sounds silly, but I still smile whenever I see a new email from him! He's just such a nice guy.

Brian
                      Brian,

I think that just shows why CD does so well. People can tell it's being run by people who are really fans of the genre themselves and love the books as much as we do.

Comment

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the production values of this book. The stories are fantastic and it looks good to boot!
                        -Chris Lason-

nerd alert
                        gamertag : calason

Comment

I read Legion when it released and in it was the blurb about how the novels were meant to be read right after each other. A year later I read The Exorcist. For years I had a paperback of each. Now that I have this stunning edition, I was able to read them both as one novel. I particularly enjoyed Brian's "Conversation with WPB"; a fitting coda to a magnificent edition. Kudos all around to every one involved!!!
                          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I can only imagine what it will be like in a beautiful traycase... Mmmm.

Comment

This conversation makes me regret not ordering this one. Guess it is another I have to find on the secondary market.

Comment

Working...
                              X