[INDEXED]The Passage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
    I have a questions for you guys. I wasn't able to get this book (I didn't even know it was being published), but once I saw how it sold out so quickly, I was looking around for the HC. I saw it at Camelot for $150!! Then I saw it at Overlook for about $29 and I bought it. The only problem is that it's a Trade PB, but it is a First ed. and it's flatsigned also. Is it worth anything??
    I'm not sure of it's value now but I think around the time the finale of the series is out (or possibly the movie(s)) there will be some small value to it.
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Trade PBs, even first editions, aren't really that collectible. The signature won't make much difference.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
        Trade PBs, even first editions, aren't really that collectible. The signature won't make much difference.

sk
        Figures. I guess I knew that in the back of my mind but didn't want to admit it to myself. I guess I wasted 30 bucks. But I actually do like signed pbs...I have a couple dozen PBOs worth quite a bit (for paperbacks), included the PBO signed of The Woods Are Dark.
        And how about the UK trade pb of the first DT book? Surely that must be worth something? There's no way for people to get an actual first ed. of the HC, so you'd think the first ed. pb would be worth something.

Comment

I guess I wasted 30 bucks.
          I don't think you did. You got yourself an excellent book - and in your own words, you do like signed pbs.

And how about the UK trade pb of the first DT book? Surely that must be worth something? There's no way for people to get an actual first ed. of the HC, so you'd think the first ed. pb would be worth something.
          Sorry to disappoint you again, but I own a copy and over the years it hasn't lost its value, but you won't get rich selling it. So yes, it's worth something, but not much more than a couple of dollars.

Example: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dark-Tower...item48427edc60

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
            I don't think you did. You got yourself an excellent book - and in your own words, you do like signed pbs.

Sorry to disappoint you again, but I own a copy and over the years it hasn't lost its value, but you won't get rich selling it. So yes, it's worth something, but not much more than a couple of dollars.

Example: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dark-Tower...item48427edc60

sk
            I clicked the link...99???? But is it a first? The seller didn't mention that. And you're right, I do like signed pbs, especially trade editions so you don't get reader's creases in the spine. But if the DT pb is only a few bucks, I should jus throw it away lol. What I don't get is how hard it was to get it in HC, so it would seem natural it'd be worth something. And why does the second volume in HC still only worth about 75 bucks or so? I have all in HC except the first. Also, can you tell me this, why is Wizards and Glass worth so much more as a trade edition than the others?? Lower print run or what? I still have my copy in shrinkwrap. How I would of loved the limited of that book. I could only get 5-7 and Little Sisters..

Comment

One PB book that is easily worth some good money is Rage by Stephen King as he took it out of print himself after the Columbine shootings.

Finally finished The Passage last night (technically this morning I guess since was 3am, lol), and am looking forward to The Twelve.
              WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
              Spoiler!

Comment

One PB book that is easily worth some good money is Rage by Stephen King as he took it out of print himself after the Columbine shootings.
                Hmmm...I wonder where I could get that. I did manage to buy the "limited" of Blaze at the Overlook some months ago.
                But I also have some PBOs of Lansdales Missing in Action series I think it was. They sould be worth something?

Comment

Searched on eBay and bookfinder.com and found a few being sold, though the cheapest is around $200
                  WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                  Spoiler!

Comment

Paperbacks (apart from the Bachman novels) don't hold any real value.

Concerning 'The Passage', i loved the book so much that i have the UK & US proofs, signed UK & US 1st's, the UK signed special edition & the CD S/L!

Comment

Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
                      Paperbacks (apart from the Bachman novels) don't hold any real value.

Concerning 'The Passage', i loved the book so much that i have the UK & US proofs, signed UK & US 1st's, the UK signed special edition & the CD S/L!
                      Yeah, I think PBs are only worth money to the people who are actually looking for a certain copy. Not many will be doing that, but if they're rare and especially signed, then you can get something out of it. But most of the ones I have I just wanted myself, like the trabe PB of Ketchum's The Girl Next Door.

Comment

Hi guys, I know it's probably mentioned around here somewhere, but when is the next book in the series slated for release?

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick View Post
                          Hi guys, I know it's probably mentioned around here somewhere, but when is the next book in the series slated for release?
                          Sometime in 2012 is all we've been told. Last time I spoke with Justin, he was in the finishing stages of writing it:

http://brianjamesfreeman.wordpress.c...ut-the-twelve/

Brian
                          Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                          My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Ah, thanks, Brian. That's where I read it! Thanks for the refresher.

Comment

Amazon has The Tweleve up for pre order.Is it almost time for a CD e- mail about their version?Time to play the speculation game guys.

Comment

What's the normal time frame between trade release and CD announcement/release?

Comment

Working...
                                X