No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished reread of Needful Things. Started out well, but became tedious with the same thing happening over and over (just as I remembered). King has a great feel for his characters and Leland Gaunt is one of his creepiest creations, but it's all for naught with a lazy finale (I wished if had been something other than everybody shooting each other--that seems too easy).

Anyway, The Memory Tree by John R. Little is next.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

finished falcones' cathedral of the sea and fatima's hand (about 22000 kindle pages total). Very nice boks that reminded me about follet's pillars of the earth. now I'm starting heat rises (castle's 3rd book).... yeah I know... top literature's here

Comment

Who's to say what "top literature" is? A bunch of old fogies with pipes and lisps? Literature is to be enjoyed and I'll be the first to say tI think hat a lot of what passes for "top literature" is utter crap. Read what you enjoy. Western, sci-fi, horro, crime, suspense.
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by RichardThomas View Post
          you want first firsts. the number line, it's the number ONE that you want, so in that case, you DO have first editions, first printings. cool. if it said 5 7 9 10 8 6 4 2 it'd be a first edition, second printing
          Excellent! Many thanks. Now I've got it.

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
            Who's to say what "top literature" is? A bunch of old fogies with pipes and lisps? Literature is to be enjoyed and I'll be the first to say tI think hat a lot of what passes for "top literature" is utter crap. Read what you enjoy. Western, sci-fi, horro, crime, suspense.
            YES! Elitism can be found everywhere, and it's unfortunate. And using books, of all things, to make oneself feel superior to others is just balderdash.

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
              Am now reading The Mailman
              How is it? I've read a lot of his books, but after a while the similarities got to me; now I really have to be in an "October" mood to feel like reading him.

Comment

Didn't get any reading done at work yesterday. Watched tv on my laptop instead because I was too lazy. So, before I even touch my laptop today I shall continue reading at least 30 of the last 100 pages of Lisey's Story. I think...not sure if I'm even on the last 100 but its close. Couldn't put it down the other night.(Friday) anyway...off I go...

Comment

Well, I'm still off work thanks to a messed up finger, so today I went to the library and thought I'd give these a go:

"The Strain" - del Toro & Hogan
                  "Sons of God" - Rebecca Ellen Kurtz (don't think I've ever read an action/adventure novel concerning Nephilim. Ought to be interesting)
                  "Gods Without Men" - Hari Kunzru (after reading the jacket a few times, I'm still not sure what it's about. :-) Weirdness in a California desert - nature, reality, religion, magic, mystery)

Comment

Finally finished Game of Thrones. I don’t know how I missed that series, but I have a whole lot of catching up to do. That was a fantastic read. Next up will be a couple of those PS Novellas I got from the Friday the 13th grab bag. Then, I’m debating on either The Mailman or one of the Bachman books, which I have never read. Suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by Xiabei View Post
                      How is it? I've read a lot of his books, but after a while the similarities got to me; now I really have to be in an "October" mood to feel like reading him.
                      I haven't finished it yet but am definitely enjoying it so far. It is the 2nd of his books for me so far.
                      WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                      Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by rusty23 View Post
                        Finally finished Game of Thrones. I don’t know how I missed that series, but I have a whole lot of catching up to do. That was a fantastic read. Next up will be a couple of those PS Novellas I got from the Friday the 13th grab bag. Then, I’m debating on either The Mailman or one of the Bachman books, which I have never read. Suggestions?
                        My favorite Bachman was "The Long Walk".
                        "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

The Long Walk was the point where I stopped reading The Bachman books.

Comment

I almost love the Bachman books more than those by King.

sk

Comment

I just double checked and it was roadwork that I stopped reading. But I think I gave up because the long walk was so hard to get through and roadwork didn't get my attention right away. So I've only read rage which I loved. The long walk which I hated and part of roadwork which I didn't finish.

Comment

Reading a fun little book about a teen named John Wayne Cleaver called I am Not A Serial Killer.It is better then I thought it was going to be.It is by Dan Wells and I do believe it is the first in a series.I just might have to check out the rest.

Comment

Working...
                                X