No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now for what I came here to say, I just finished TWTTK and it was good. I liked it, at time's I couldn't put it down. Still not one of my favorite. Liked it better than Wizard and Glass FOR SURE! I would rank it above W&G but below all of the other Dark Tower books. Mainly because It's not much of a Dark Tower book at all since the main story is TWTTK. I feel there could have been a bit more too Starkblast and Storm's over. Not alot since its not what the book is really ABOUT but enough to satisfy DT fans who love the Ka-tet characters.

Now I'll be starting The Colorado Kid tomorrow, since my shift is almost over, for a change of pace. The Talisman was just so long and hard to get through. I did enjoy TWTTK though but something short sounds great right now..

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
      This didn't come up in my what's new even though I hadn't read what Pete just said. Or squire for that matter.
      The "What's New / New Posts" functionality of the forums is not working properly at the moment. I'm working on trying to fix it, but have had no luck in finding an answer anywhere.
      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I guess it's still not working now? You wouldnt believe the stuff I missed over the last few days. I have been trying to catch up for about 2 hours, since I got to work. Some stuff is coming up. The stuff I really like reading. Collections and such. But theres other stuff I am missing too. including this thread and a few others I like plus a bunch of shit I read even tho I don't care. lol

Comment

Teri, enjoy "Colorado Kid"!
          "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Just finished Embassytown which I enjoyed. Now on to...I'm not sure yet.

Comment

Mieville surprises me everytime I read him. Can't wait for Railsea.
              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Have I mentioned that I love short chapters. Give you a place to stop when you need a break. I hate stopping in the middle of nowhere. ughh. Short chapters let me rest my eyes and look elsewhere, even if its a computer screen, for a few minutes before getting back into what I am reading. Colorado Kid has plenty of these. Few more pages and ill be halfway through already.

Comment

What I liked about TCK was King's feel for character and the Maine dialect. The story is superfluous to King's sense of palce and character.
                  "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                    Mieville surprises me everytime I read him. Can't wait for Railsea.
                    I heard Railsea was a young adult book but the story does look interesting.

Comment

172051135.JPG

Comment

Now for what I came here to say, I just finished TWTTK and it was good. Liked it better than Wizard and Glass FOR SURE!
                        Ahhhh.....we all know you're just kidding, Teri.

sk

Comment

You wish. Oh how I was BOREDDDDDDD TO DEATHHHHHHH by Wizard and Glass

Comment

Ok guess what?I hate chu. Naw I did like that book and the comic adaption as well.
                            You wish. Oh how I was BOREDDDDDDD TO DEATHHHHHHH by Wizard and Glass

Comment

Took me forever to read that one. I was so bored with rolands stories and just wanted to get back to the main storyline. TWTTK was similar for me but I knew going in not to expect much DT story and the stories roland told were not boring, at times yes but in general they were good stories. I wouldn't mind hearing more stories from the endless forest to be honest, if they're done right.

Comment

Just finished The Colorado Kid. Two shifts, Almost a record for me but Tom Gordon still got it beat. Whats next? hmm...

Comment

Working...
                                X