What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
    See, Pete, there's another one of those language problems. You said corn, I think the proper spelling is t-o-x-i-c w-a-s-t-e, please don't confuse the two. Breakfast would never be the same again. (You know I pick on Jersey cause I'm only two states away - thank God for that buffer zone lol)
    Have you heard "Bomb New Jersey" by Voltaire?

Comment

Ive always treated the waste part as New York, its all their crap anyway.

Thankfully I lived about 20 min from Princeton, surrounded by forests and golf courses.

Comment

I shall be done The Talisman by the end of this lonely 8hr shift. about 75 pages to go.

Comment

great going, TEri! perserverence wins the day!
          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I watched sleep walkers instead. I am going to read a bit now but try to save some for the wait in the Drs office tomorrow so I dont have to start another book before TWTTK gets here.

Comment

Sounds like a plan Teri

Comment

Yea but I am afraid to bring my book to work. lol. Might take some time to get through TWTTK that way...but then again with DT I may read it all before my 3 days off are over, assuming it comes monday or tuesday. I hear its not very long...for SK anyway

Comment

300 and some odd pages as I understand it

Comment

Defintiely a 3-day book!
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

But a 3 day to a normal person is like two weeks for me. I'd have to get REALLY into the story to make me read at home instead of watching tv...tv is just easier even though reading is better.

Comment

I found TWTTK one of the best DT books--I couldn't put it down.
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I hope I'm the same way.we agree on wizard and glass being the worst and the drawing of the three being the best so I imagine ill agree.

Comment

I ranked it second (t TDot3, of course!). It's not narratively like TDot3, It's Roland telling stories, but it's well-done.
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

rolands stories is what i hates about wizard and glass.

Comment

I had the same reservations you have, Teri, but it's different here. In W&G, Roland told stories that he felt he had to, this one is simply a fond memory of his childhoos that he tells cause they have time to kill. Roland (King) admits that when he started telling stories, he wasn't very good at it (W&G), but he feels he's gotten better at it (he has). I think you'll like it.
                                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                                X