No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finished off Arthur C Clarke's The Songs of Distant Earth and I thought it was a very good book. Perfect length, short - to the point chapters, and again, I love Clarke's use of potential "real" science to his works.

Now, I am tackling Subterranean by James Rollins. All I can say to this is...WOW I would say it's like combining an Ancient Aliens type of adventure story with Jurassic Park. My first, and certainly not last Rollins - want to dive into the Sigma Force series soon!

Comment

Glad to hear you like Rollins. One of my favorites.

Just finished Robopocalypse. I enjoyed it. Not sure how the plan to film this and I can see why the movie is on hiatus. It would definitely be a tough one to get right.

Now reading Inferno by Dan Brown.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
        Glad to hear you like Rollins. One of my favorites.

Just finished Robopocalypse. I enjoyed it. Not sure how the plan to film this and I can see why the movie is on hiatus. It would definitely be a tough one to get right.

Now reading Inferno by Dan Brown.

Been flip flopping on wether to get into Brown - I like the premise of his work, however DaVinci Code was so over talked about - sick of hearing about it maybe????? I do have a Raymond Khoury book I want to try soon (The Last Templar). I am really branching out to include this genre (and the Rollins type too) on top of my love for sci-fi and horror.

Comment

I liked Angels & Demons better than DaVinci Code, I suggest you start there since it is the first book though some people who don't really know argue against that. "But Angels & Demons came out first blah blah blah....."
          I tried to listen to Inferno but I guess I'm just not an audio book listener.
          Last edited by subie09lega; 03-14-2014, 01:19 PM.

Comment

If you enjoyed ROBOPACALYPSE you may want to check out ROBOGENISIS the sequel coming out in June.

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post

Been flip flopping on wether to get into Brown - I like the premise of his work, however DaVinci Code was so over talked about - sick of hearing about it maybe????? I do have a Raymond Khoury book I want to try soon (The Last Templar). I am really branching out to include this genre (and the Rollins type too) on top of my love for sci-fi and horror.
              Steve Berry is another good author in that genre. I highly recommend him. Chris Kuzneski, Tom Knox, and Paul Sussman are also authors to check out.

I liked Angels & Demons better as well.

Comment

Originally posted by argendeli View Post
                If you enjoyed ROBOPACALYPSE you may want to check out ROBOGENISIS the sequel coming out in June.
                Its on my list.

Comment

Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
                  I liked Angels & Demons better than DaVinci Code, I suggest you start there since it is the first book though some people who don't really know argue against that. "But Angels & Demons came out first blah blah blah....."
                  I tried to listen to Inferno but I guess I'm just not an audio book listener.
                  Deception Point looks interesting too, but some of the not so good reviews make me hesitant.

Comment

Been flip flopping on whether to get into Brown - I like the premise of his work, however DaVinci Code was so over talked about - sick of hearing about it maybe????? I do have a Raymond Khoury book I want to try soon (The Last Templar). I am really branching out to include this genre (and the Rollins type too) on top of my love for sci-fi and horror.
                    Like others, I too liked Angels and Demon more, but enjoyed both. Read DaVinci first though, as I had that first and didn't know at the time it was the 2nd, though it doesn't really matter. If you have seen the The DaVinci Code movie already I am jealous. I watched the movie after reading the book and was nitpicking the movie throughout. Normally I like Tom Hanks, but he is wrong for the role. I may watch Angels and Demons at some point, since it has been a while since I read the book, though the movie was billed in some previews as a sequel.
                    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                    Spoiler!

Comment

Deception Point looks interesting too, but some of the not so good reviews make me hesitant.
                      I enjoyed this one too. Different subject matter than Angels & Demons, Da Vinci Code, etc., but was still entertaining.

Comment

I finally finished Drood by Dan Simmons! After the first Fifty pages I was afraid that this was going to be a chore to read, but as time went on, the story grew on me more and more. In the end, I have to say I really liked it and was sorry to see it end. What a great book!

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                          I finally finished Drood by Dan Simmons! After the first Fifty pages I was afraid that this was going to be a chore to read, but as time went on, the story grew on me more and more. In the end, I have to say I really liked it and was sorry to see it end. What a great book!
                          Yeah, Drood is an awesome book!!!
                          "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                          - Stephen King

Comment

Just Finished Divergent By Veronica Roth and I must say i enjoyed it a great deal, very fast and action packed writing, Currently Reading In The Flesh By Clive Barker

Books I've read in 2014:

The Innswich Horror by Edward Lee
                            Chiliad:A Meditation by Clive Barker
                            Blue November Storms by Brian James Freeman
                            Dreamlike States by Brian James Freeman
                            Weak and Wounded by Brian James Freeman
                            Pandemic by Scot Sigler
                            Jack and Jill by Kealan Patrick Burke
                            The Thief of Always by Clive Barker
                            The German by Lee Thomas
                            Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn
                            Cabal by Clive Barker
                            Divergent by Veronica Roth

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
                              Just Finished Divergent By Veronica Roth and I must say i enjoyed it a great deal, very fast and action packed writing, Currently Reading In The Flesh By Clive Barker

Books I've read in 2014:

The Innswich Horror by Edward Lee
                              Chiliad:A Meditation by Clive Barker
                              Blue November Storms by Brian James Freeman
                              Dreamlike States by Brian James Freeman
                              Weak and Wounded by Brian James Freeman
                              Pandemic by Scot Sigler
                              Jack and Jill by Kealan Patrick Burke
                              The Thief of Always by Clive Barker
                              The German by Lee Thomas
                              Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn
                              Cabal by Clive Barker
                              Divergent by Veronica Roth
                              That is a list of really good reads there! Looks like 2014 has been good to you so far! My wife read the Divergent books and really liked the first two but the last one not so much. My own TBR list is way too big to add them to the pile do I'll probably just watch the movies.

Comment

Will finish my first Rollins tonight (Subterranean), it's awesome!

Up next - will probably be a Kobo read - not sure what, have lots loaded on it I haven't touched yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X