No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just finished NOS4A2 and I really enjoyed it. Noticed a couple things that have probably been posted here but I've been avoiding reading anything about the book so as to avoid ruining it for me.

Spoiler!

Now onto Robopocalypse by Daniel H. Wilson.

EDIT: and as others have said, make sure to read the comments on the typeface at the end of the book.
    Last edited by Joe315; 02-24-2014, 05:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
      Now onto Robopocalypse by Daniel H. Wilson
      I need to read this at some point. I read his second book Amped and it is the worst book I have read in recent memory. I have heard this is much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Highbury View Post
        I need to read this at some point. I read his second book Amped and it is the worst book I have read in recent memory. I have heard this is much better.
        Really? I recall enjoying Amped.

Comment

Yep, want an extra copy?

Comment

I still need to get a hold Robopocalypse. Have to buy it first, of course, lol. Never read anything from the author yet
            WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
            Spoiler!

Comment

Just started The Songs of Distant Earth by Arthur C Clarke. 1991 Del Rey ed paperback. Interesting blurb in the front by the author in a sense knocking, indirectly mind you, the Star Trek / Star Wars type series as more fantasy than true science fiction. I would agree.

This is going to be a good one I can tell.

Comment

Finished Dunwich Romance by Edward Lee. Is there a more dysfunctional couple to write a romance about? He pulls it off rather well I thought, you really feel for them to some degree, of course he mixes it in with his usual shocking sexual content.

Now reading The Ushers by Lee. Some good stuff including his second Grub Girl story.
                If collecting is an illness, I must be terminal

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
                  Just started The Songs of Distant Earth by Arthur C Clarke. 1991 Del Rey ed paperback. Interesting blurb in the front by the author in a sense knocking, indirectly mind you, the Star Trek / Star Wars type series as more fantasy than true science fiction. I would agree.
                  Star Wars really is space fantasy. Star Trek has a bit more science to its fiction, but definitely not the hard science that Clarke would have preferred.
                  "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

3/4 through The Queen of Bedlam. Book 2 in the Matthew Corbett series. McCammon is so brilliant. This is just as good as Speaks the Nightbird.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                      3/4 through The Queen of Bedlam. Book 2 in the Matthew Corbett series. McCammon is so brilliant. This is just as good as Speaks the Nightbird.
                      I love the M.C. books so far, but after 3, I have decided to wait until all ten are done and start over. I'm getting too old to remember so many books with the time between publication!! LOL!

Comment

Well, I was able to buy Laymon's "Bite" and Rudy Rucker's "The Hacker and The Ants" from my library yesterday, but I probably won't read them until I get through the Mario Acevedo series; just started the first last night and I'm hooked.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                          I love this series. Looking forward to River of Souls coming out this year.

Comment

Same here. I discovered McCammon way back, in the early eighties and liked him then. My favorite has always been Boy's Life, but his current Matthew Corbett series is amazing.
                            Can't wait for River of Souls - and am very glad this will be a ten-book series.
                            I do hope McCammon will return to a recent character, Trevor Lawson - I Travel By Night. This could turn out to be another winner, if turned into a series.

sk

Comment

Started on William Meikle's The Ravine
                              WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                              Spoiler!

Comment

Have spent the last month working through the Clifton Chronicles by Jeffrey Archer, on Book 3. Love this story for the most part.

Comment

Working...
                                X