What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
    I just started this book called The Hobbit by someone named J. R. R. Tolkien, anyone ever heard of him?
    Nope, never heard of him. So who is this guy J. R. R. Tolkien? Does he write stories about Hobbits or something? Doesn't sound like something that will catch on enough to be turned into a movie though... I mean can anyone actually imagine someone making a movie about Hobbits??? Never heard 'owt so daft...
    "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
    - Stephen King

Comment

Originally posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
      Nope, never heard of him. So who is this guy J. R. R. Tolkien? Does he write stories about Hobbits or something? Doesn't sound like something that will catch on enough to be turned into a movie though... I mean can anyone actually imagine someone making a movie about Hobbits??? Never heard 'owt so daft...
      I really like it so far but I'm not sure it's something that will click with a large audience, as far as a movie, no way unless someone from New Zealand decides to make a three part 9 hour epic, I just don't see it as a movie

Comment

Maybe said person could even produce a 90 minute cut so that a movie of just "The Hobbit" exists, satisfying us fans who don't like bloat!
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Damn Kiwis!

Anyone ever see the Rankin & Bass cartoon from back in the 70's? I love it personally, I grew up with it.

Comment

I've got to say I'm a huge fan of The Hobbit (the book) and I think Peter Jackson is doing a great job with the movies. I'd say the latest one is weaker than the first one, if only because of the inclusion of a certain elf who didn't really need to be in the movie.
            CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I honestly haven't seen either of Jackson's The Hobbit movies yet. I thought I would be really excited for them, but I've found I have no will to go and see them.

Comment

Originally posted by saginawhorror View Post
                Whom The Gods Would Destroy by Brian Hodge.
                This one sounds good - let us know how it is please.

As for what I am reading now.... Well, I went back to my Kobo, and an author I discovered by browsing thru Dark Regions catalog. Christopher Conlon's Midnight on Mourn Street. Just like Lullaby for The Rain Girl, this is hard to put down, and is a very emotional read. Characters have a dark side to them all. 2 for 2 with Conlon's work so far! Highly recommend for anyone who hasn't read any of his work.
                Last edited by TJCams; 12-19-2013, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Didn't really care for it. Quite hard to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                    Damn Kiwis!

Anyone ever see the Rankin & Bass cartoon from back in the 70's? I love it personally, I grew up with it.
                    I love that version. Except for those damn bland Jimmy Webb songs...
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Bwahaha, loved the songs from Rankin & Bass's The Hobbit, The Return of the King and my all time favourite cartoon Flight of Dragons. The only one they completely failed in hilariously epic fashion is the music in The Last Unicorn, still a fantastic flick though.

Comment

Just finished my latest read (see post above). Now what..... With the Christmas holiday knocking down our door - reading time my be broken up, plus have a hockey tournament to coach too. Not sure if I should get into a novel, or maybe short story collection...... oh the decisions. Plus, I know I am getting at least one book for Christmas. Dan Simmons - The Terror

Comment

I finally finished Everything You Need and I personally found it boring. There were two stories that I didn't mind all that much, but half the time I was falling asleep. It just didn't engage or pull me in, but someone else might like it. Now, I'm starting Blood Games by Richard Laymon who never bores me. So now my problem won't be falling asleep, but will be making myself put down the book so I can get some sleep. I found a treasure trove of his works at a Half Priced Books that until recently, didn't know existed here!

Comment

I'm reading these, except for the one on the bottom right, which belongs to my daughter.

Comment

Technically I am listening to this one, but I got a decent way into The Good Nurse: A True Story of Medicine, Madness, and Murder by Charles Graeber and I am definitely enjoying it. It's amazing how sloppy people were with doing background checks for hospital employees and putting things together about the horrible things this guy did! How he got away with it for so long is beyond me. I still have around 6 hours left in it, so maybe I'll find out, but I am sure it was due to sloppiness and laziness, among other things that allowed him to slip through cracks
                              WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                              Spoiler!

Comment

Read Turn Down the Lights today. A great anthology with a very heartfelt intro by Rich and an amusing afterword by Monteleone. Straub's contribution I found the weakest, but the unexplainable menace came through despite his typically arrogant presentation. Now back to de Sade....
                                Last edited by srboone; 12-26-2013, 04:15 AM.
                                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                                X