No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am reading Dead Ever After. Great book. If your my know the characters through True Blood you need to read this series. Much better.

Comment

Finished The Golem and the Jinni. Enchanting fairy tale. Rated it 4 stars. Going to read some Washington Irving next.
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Still going with 'Swan Song' - 450 pages in, and I'm loving it. While I'm in a McCammon mood, I dug out my paperback copy of 'Blue World' and put it on top of my TBR pile.

Comment

Everything You Need by Michael Marshall Smith and after that, The Influence

Comment

The Influence by Bentley Little. Not bad so far.
            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Whom The Gods Would Destroy by Brian Hodge.

Comment

I started reading the 25th anniversary edition of Christine yesterday, and got around 300 pages into it. It's been a while since I last read this one, and it was nice to read it again.

As the intro says, reading books like this at different stages of your life just adds to the experience. I first read it on 03/09/84, and saw the movie the next day (books and movies took a while to get to us in Ireland). Back then I was close in age to Arnie and Dennis - now I'm closer to their fathers' age

King's writing has always had the ability to suck me into the story. I read 180 pages of Christine while at my daughter's karate class last night, and I was so engrossed in the book I barely knew the kids were there. Not many authors do that for me.

Comment

Rated The Influence 3 stars on GR. it was quick and fun, in true Little fashion, but I found the gratuitous in places and with a too easy resolution. But the simplicity of the logic behind the ending was ingenious.

Am going out of comfort zone this holiday season with a volume of The Marquis de Sade's works: Justine, Philosophy in the Bedroom & Other Writings. Amusing in it's absurdity, but very, very disturbing.

EDIT: Said the man in the pink bunny suit...
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Currently reading David Moody's Autumn, then should be picking up the Rising next.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                      Currently reading David Moody's Autumn, then should be picking up the Rising next.
                      I really like the Autumn series even though I still need to read the last two of the five books but what I really love from Moody is the Hater Trilogy, good stuff!

Comment

I finished up reading The Damnation Game the other night and I am so glad that CD has offered the Limited Edition because it pushed me to finally read the copy I have and I absolutely loved it! I just started this book called The Hobbit by someone named J. R. R. Tolkien, anyone ever heard of him?

Comment

Never!

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
                            I finished up reading The Damnation Game the other night and I am so glad that CD has offered the Limited Edition because it pushed me to finally read the copy I have and I absolutely loved it! I just started this book called The Hobbit by someone named J. R. R. Tolkien, anyone ever heard of him?
                            It's great, isn't it Tommy! 'Breer The Razor Eater' is one of the most memorable characters ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Lincoln View Post
                              It's great, isn't it Tommy! 'Breer The Razor Eater' is one of the most memorable characters ever.
                              Definitely! I would love to see him and the rest of the book made into a film or even a miniseries, that it was his first full-length novel is simply astounding

Comment

Purchased and read the final installment of Joe Hill's Locke & Key today. Sad to see the story end but very happy with the conclusion!

Comment

Working...
                                X