No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am STILL, yes still, plugging away at IT, this is a big book, and not surprisingly is taking me a while to get through it. With as much other stuff I have going on, I get about 20 mins reading time at lunch, maybe some in the evening if there isn't work to do around the house, and try to squeeze some reading time in before bed - I only have about 200 pages to go. Yes, I am slow!

Next up - will probably be a KOBO book - likely either Midnight on Mourn Street or A Matrix of Angels - both by Christopher Conlon. I loved Lullaby for the Rain Girl.

Comment

About halfway through 'The Haunted Book', by Jeremy Dyson - a collection of linked contemporary ghost stories. Have enjoyed all the stories so far, and a couple have been outstanding.
      Also reading 'Swan Song', by McCammon. For some reason I didn't get around to reading this back in the day. Only about 100 pages in, and I'm absolutely loving it. Really like McCammon's style, so I ordered some of the recent Sub Press reprints - 'The Night Boat', 'Bethany's Sin' and 'Baal'.
      Lincoln.

Comment

just finished "Shivers II' and "Shivers IV", Lee's "Trolley No. 1852", best punch line ending in a book. Joe Monk's "Stuff Outa My Head" Currently reading Curran's "Zombie Pulp"

Zombie%u00252BPulp.jpg
        If collecting is an illness, I must be terminal

Comment

Love the cover art! I've never heard of it, is it a short story collection?

Comment

Finished The Century's Best Horror Fiction: Vol. 1. Wow! A real treat. Too many to pick a favorite from the group, but the most surprising one was the barely intelligible, but immenently readable (and enjoyable), pseudoscientific mumbo-jumbo of Aleister Crowly's "The Testament of Magdalen Blair." The only clunker, IMO, was "The Valley of the Spiders" by H.G.Wells, which Pelan acknowledges only got in because the other candidates had selections appearing in other years and that he hates spiders. I liked how the anthology gave a good representation of how weird fiction had evolved over the years covered.

Since I look for these things, I noticed that the starting pages for the last three stories (The Lottery, The Pond, Born of Man & Woman) at two pages off. The are listed as stating on pages 687, 695 & 701; they actually start on 689,697 & 703). Not a big deal, though.

Going to go with a GR author next: Screamscapes: Tales of Terror by Evans Light.
            Last edited by srboone; 11-27-2013, 06:07 AM.
            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by Lincoln View Post
              About halfway through 'The Haunted Book', by Jeremy Dyson - a collection of linked contemporary ghost stories. Have enjoyed all the stories so far, and a couple have been outstanding.
              Also reading 'Swan Song', by McCammon. For some reason I didn't get around to reading this back in the day. Only about 100 pages in, and I'm absolutely loving it. Really like McCammon's style, so I ordered some of the recent Sub Press reprints - 'The Night Boat', 'Bethany's Sin' and 'Baal'.
              Lincoln.
              Swan Song is one of my absolute favorite books. The book is intimidating in length but goes by way too fast. Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                Love the cover art! I've never heard of it, is it a short story collection?
                Bunch of shorts and two original novelettes. Quite a mixture and really enjoyable so far. Cover is indeed fun having that distressed faux comic book cover.
                If collecting is an illness, I must be terminal

Comment

Swan Song is on my list of books I want to get one of these days. With my current list of books to read on my Kobo, plus regular books - it will be a while before I pursue it - unless it turns up at a used book store or yard sale.....

Comment

Well, so far (150 pages) I can highly recommend it. Some truly memorable scenes, and characters that I want to follow.

Comment

A review copy of Sixty Five Stirrup Iron Road. This book is weird!!!!!!!! After that Lesser Creatures by Peter Giglio.

Comment

Originally posted by saginawhorror View Post
                        A review copy of Sixty Five Stirrup Iron Road. This book is weird!!!!!!!! After that Lesser Creatures by Peter Giglio.
                        Who is that by, and what's the deal on it? I searched it on Goodreads and came up with nothing.

Comment

Just picked up Undead by John Russo, only read a couple pages before fall asleep last night. Kind of an amateurish beginning to the first chapter, but I'll stick it out, it's a short read.

Comment

Originally posted by saginawhorror View Post
                            I might read Sixty Five Stirrup as an eBook someday, but it is not high on my list, that is for sure. WAYYYY too many authors involved in one story for me to trust it'll actually be high quality. I also really wasn't impressed with the artwork for the cover. I love Brian Keene's stuff, but that isn't enough to make me want this title, even with all the proceeds going to help Tom Piccirrilli pay for his medical bills and such
                            WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                            Spoiler!

Comment

Recently finished Dreams in Black and White by John R Little and read Brian Keene's Last of the Albatwitches on Thanksgiving and the next day. Now reading William Ollie's The Mountain for a Goodreads group read
                              WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                              Spoiler!

Comment

It is a novel written by Brian Keene, Edward Lee, Jack Ketchum, and a bunch of other people in the hard core genera. All proceeds from the book go to help Tom Piccirilli cover his med bills from brain surgery.He had a tumor.I am getting a limited edition of this.Can not wait.
                                Originally posted by TJCams View Post
                                Who is that by, and what's the deal on it? I searched it on Goodreads and came up with nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X