What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished Devoted by Dean Koontz.

It was an OK read brought down by a disjointed and convoluted last quarter of the book.

Back to making my way through Weird Tales: 100 Years of Weird ed. by Jonathan Maberry.

At the 200 page mark and really enjoying this so far.

One of the better anthologies I’ve read in recent memory.

B

Comment

In another thread we.were talking about Peter Heller and how great he is. I just read Michael O'Donnell's first book ABOVE THE FIRE, and it reminds me of Heller. highly recommend!

Comment

Originally posted by fanatic View Post
        In another thread we.were talking about Peter Heller and how great he is. I just read Michael O'Donnell's first book ABOVE THE FIRE, and it reminds me of Heller. highly recommend!
        Thanks for the heads-up. Heller has few fans more ardent than me, and this blurb just sealed the deal…plan to pick this up very, very soon:
        “Perfect for fans of The Dog Stars by Peter Heller and The Road by Cormac McCarthy.”
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

I'm super excited for Angel of Indian Lake too! I'll probably hold off on picking it up until SST releases their limited-edition version so I can have a complete matching set of the SST LE's. In terms of Crouch, I think you'll be very pleased. This trilogy rocked (even if the production values of the limited editions were very underwhelming). If you get a chance, also read his book Dark Matter which I thought was fantastic and was my very first Crouch read. If you cans swing it, the Suntup version is especially choice!
          There's just no way I can wait for the SST edition to read Angel of Indian Lake, although I'll order it when announced. I love this series!

Dark Matter is another one on my list, and I've definitely had my eye on that Suntup Artist edition. Have to give Pines a go first!

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Thanks for the heads-up. Heller has few fans more ardent than me, and this blurb just sealed the deal…plan to pick this up very, very soon:
            “Perfect for fans of The Dog Stars by Peter Heller and The Road by Cormac McCarthy.”
            Good luck. I hope you like it.

Comment

Taking a break from the Weird Tales anthology to start The Burning Girls by CJ Tudor tonight.

B

Comment

Originally posted by brlesh View Post
                Taking a break from the Weird Tales anthology to start The Burning Girls by CJ Tudor tonight.

B
                You know, due to praise on this forum, I bought The Chalk Man through Camelot Books years ago and still have not read it. Due to the ease of doing business with Camelot and, maybe general passivity on my part, I have somehow wound up with a matching numbered set of all of Tudor's Sub Press books, with A Sliver of Darkness just finding its place on the shelf last week. I really need to kick my reading into a higher gear to get caught up on this stuff. Or, you know, at least determine if I like an author before purchasing five limited editions of their work...

Comment

Been there before. LOL.

I won't name names but I had picked up several books from an author I had never read. Upon finally sitting down and reading one of his works I realized I didn't like the writing style at all.

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

You know, due to praise on this forum, I bought The Chalk Man through Camelot Books years ago and still have not read it. Due to the ease of doing business with Camelot and, maybe general passivity on my part, I have somehow wound up with a matching numbered set of all of Tudor's Sub Press books, with A Sliver of Darkness just finding its place on the shelf last week. I really need to kick my reading into a higher gear to get caught up on this stuff. Or, you know, at least determine if I like an author before purchasing five limited editions of their work...

Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Just finished reading the SST signed slipcased LE of Stephen Graham Jones' "Don't Fear the Reaper", the second book in his Indian River trilogy and a first time read for me. Totally loved it! It was exactly what I was hoping for, and in fact, I think I like it even more than the first book, which is a bit rare for trilogies. Jade, and really, all of the characters are fully fleshed out and amazing. The who-done-it aspect kept me guessing the whole time, and the slasher and other horror references were loads of fun. Also really liked the ending, Jade doing her best Bender with that hook had me both moved and totally cracking-up. Also, as always, SST knocked it out of the park in terms of production values. That cover artwork rocks! I also opted for the optional slipcase which added another layer of awesomeness to the production. Overall, I can't recommend this trilogy of books enough, especially if you're lucky enough to snag the SST LEs.

Am now reading the Lividian slipcased LE of Robert McCammon's "Seven Shades of Evil". I am so excited to be starting this book!

Comment

Originally posted by fanatic View Post

Good luck. I hope you like it.

Picked it up today at a local Barnes & Noble.
                      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Working...
                      X