Page 181 of 181 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181
Results 3,601 to 3,602 of 3602

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Senior Member 2nd Electroshock Session Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HumphreyBear View Post
    I started with Horns (audiobook) which I loved. After that, I read Heart Shaped Box and 20th Century Ghosts. Enjoyed both of them very much.
    I then read Nos4R2, which I liked, but probably not as much as the others. Then I listened to The Fireman, which after a slow start, grew on me as it developed until, by the end, I loved it.
    Then it seemed logical to start reading Locke and Key - I think it was when I looked through Brian861's collection thread - and so I went for the IDW Master editions, and as I mentioned earlier, I'm at the half way point.
    Reading comics is a different experience to the written word. I feel that I have to stop and savour the artwork, when my instinct is to turn the page and rush along into the narrative. My daughter is an aspiring comic book artist, so guilt is a factor!
    I've ordered the CD version of Strange Weather, and will probably listen to it as an audiobook because I probably won't be able to wait.

On the whole, I give Joe Hill a resounding thumbs up.
    NOS4A2 is my least favorite Hill read. I enjoyed it but was not blown away, on the other hand I loved The Fireman. I see a lot of peoples comments that say they loved NOS4A2 and did not enjoy The Fireman.

Senior Member Hearing Voices Brian861's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HumphreyBear View Post
    I started with Horns (audiobook) which I loved. After that, I read Heart Shaped Box and 20th Century Ghosts. Enjoyed both of them very much.
    I then read Nos4R2, which I liked, but probably not as much as the others. Then I listened to The Fireman, which after a slow start, grew on me as it developed until, by the end, I loved it.
    Then it seemed logical to start reading Locke and Key - I think it was when I looked through Brian861's collection thread - and so I went for the IDW Master editions, and as I mentioned earlier, I'm at the half way point.
    Reading comics is a different experience to the written word. I feel that I have to stop and savour the artwork, when my instinct is to turn the page and rush along into the narrative. My daughter is an aspiring comic book artist, so guilt is a factor!
    I've ordered the CD version of Strange Weather, and will probably listen to it as an audiobook because I probably won't be able to wait.

On the whole, I give Joe Hill a resounding thumbs up.
    Glad to hear that you like Joe's stuff!