Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
        Read this is morning, pretty good.
        I too read it this morning. Very different but I really enjoyed it,

Comment

Is it a horror story?

Comment

Originally posted by JJ123 View Post
            Is it a horror story?
            That is a really good question. My opinion would be no but it has horror elements. I am also interested in others view on the subject.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
              That is a really good question. My opinion would be no but it has horror elements. I am also interested in others view on the subject.
              I really want to read it now based on this comment, I am intrigued. I did previously download it but was going to read it later in the week; I am going to have push up that schedule.

Another question: can anyone get the word count on this story? I tried opening this in Word or copying the text, but cannot do so. I assume there must be a way to do it, but I am not a technical expert in this area.

Also, I was wondering if there are any opinions on why the story was made available in this fashion, free at his website. Is it to help promote his new book? Is it to send traffic to his site? Get some analytics?

Lastly -- and maybe someone like Bev Vincent might know -- when was this story written, and how long did it take? It would be great to have another story collection come out at a faster schedule than previous collections.

Comment

I really want to read it now based on this comment, I am intrigued. I did previously download it but was going to read it later in the week; I am going to have push up that schedule.

Another question: can anyone get the word count on this story? I tried opening this in Word or copying the text, but cannot do so. I assume there must be a way to do it, but I am not a technical expert in this area.

Also, I was wondering if there are any opinions on why the story was made available in this fashion, free at his website. Is it to help promote his new book? Is it to send traffic to his site? Get some analytics?

Lastly -- and maybe someone like Bev Vincent might know -- when was this story written, and how long did it take? It would be great to have another story collection come out at a faster schedule than previous collections.
                It is a very good story. If I was to say "this story is about" I would say that it is about Aging, Love and Loss.

Can't help with the word count but it is a pretty quick read.

Can only offer conjecture on why he released it now in the manner he did but one thought is that it does not fit in the normal realm of a King story and it is probably too short for a Novella and too long for printing in the New Yorker.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                  It is a very good story. If I was to say "this story is about" I would say that it is about Aging, Love and Loss.

Can't help with the word count but it is a pretty quick read.

Can only offer conjecture on why he released it now in the manner he did but one thought is that it does not fit in the normal realm of a King story and it is probably too short for a Novella and too long for printing in the New Yorker.
                  Thanks, Martin, for the reply. Have started reading the story, but haven't finished yet. The theme of aging/love/loss is definitely King area. And my apologies, on the other questions, my post read as if I was burdening you alone with them...I meant to say they were for anyone. Your thought of why King released the story in this fashion is a good one, that perhaps might be part of the reason. I hope he does more of this. I would love to see him release a scary story on Halloween through his website, as an example...and even if he started charging for his stories through his website, I would have no problem with that. He should do that, I suppose, why not see how much that is worth in terms of incremental revenue...

Comment

Thanks, Martin, for the reply. Have started reading the story, but haven't finished yet. The theme of aging/love/loss is definitely King area. And my apologies, on the other questions, my post read as if I was burdening you alone with them...I meant to say they were for anyone. Your thought of why King released the story in this fashion is a good one, that perhaps might be part of the reason. I hope he does more of this. I would love to see him release a scary story on Halloween through his website, as an example...and even if he started charging for his stories through his website, I would have no problem with that. He should do that, I suppose, why not see how much that is worth in terms of incremental revenue...
                    I took them as generic questions to whoever had a view. He did the pay to read once with the serial of The Plant. I am of the view that as long as he keeps writing and getting the stories out I will be happy. I have little concern of the medium used to get them out.

Comment

Working...
                    X