I Am Legend - Folio Society

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Am Legend - Folio Society

Just ordered I Am Legend, by Richard Matheson. Looks like a nice edition with slipcase.

Introduced by Joe Hill

Illustrated by Dave McKean

I Am Legend, Richard Matheson’s brutal tale of survival and vampires, arrives in a spectacular Folio edition – illustrated by artist Dave McKean and introduced by a modern master of horror, Joe Hill.

Did you get one of the signed editions?

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
      Did you get one of the signed editions?
      The signed Limited Edition was sold out. I just got the Collector's Edition, and a lot cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by csayers View Post
        The signed Limited Edition was sold out. I just got the Collector's Edition, and a lot cheaper.
        I ordered my copy of the CE last week and there were plenty of limiteds then. Not being a fan of the author; I just wanted the Hill introduction. The limited was really pricy.

Comment

I might have to consider picking this up. That's quite a trifecta, McKean, Hill and most importantly Matheson. It's not my favourite of Matheson's novels, but it's most likely his most influential.

Comment

Excellent!!

Comment

WOW. Both editions look fantastic. Love McKean's work. I really didn't need to see this.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                WOW. Both editions look fantastic. Love McKean's work. I really didn't need to see this.
                Their edition of The Shining was nicely done as well. Let's hope there won't be the ding problem with this edition.

Comment

I AM LEGEND is one of my favorite books of all time, and I’m thrilled that it remains in print like this.
                  Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I saw this last week, I think and the limited editions were still available. Though I really liked the look of the limited, $395 was a little too steep for me. I love I AM LEGEND and Matheson in general, so I will continue my search for a reasonably priced copy of either the limited of LEGEND or the lettered of BLOODLINES from Gauntlet. I want that Matheson signature, darn it.

In a slightly related topic, this thread prompted me to do a routine search for Matheson books and I stumbled on a fairly decent-priced copy of HELL HOUSE and now I'm on the fence. Budgetary restraints would say I hold off, but...

Comment

Matheson is hit and miss for and sorry to say I Am Legend was a clear miss for me. I am somewhat in Mr. Hill's introduction but am passing on the book.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                        Matheson is hit and miss for and sorry to say I Am Legend was a clear miss for me. I am somewhat in Mr. Hill's introduction but am passing on the book.
                        I've never read anything by him but have I Am Legend in my TBLT pile.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                          I've never read anything by him but have I Am Legend in my TBLT pile.
                          In my opinion Matheson is great. He is up there with Bradbury, Nolan, Bloch, and Grant as a true legend. One of the best short story writers of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                            In my opinion Matheson is great. He is up there with Bradbury, Nolan, Bloch, and Grant as a true legend. One of the best short story writers of all time.
                            +1 on that.

And don’t forget Charles Beaumont in that list!
                            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                              I completely agree with your assessment on Matheson but I am Legend did not work for me. I also concur with Mr. Clinton that Charles Beaumont is right up there with the legends mentioned.

Comment

Working...
                              X