Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks! It’s a nice feeling for sure!

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    Congrats -- great to get those Really Wanted pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
      Well I got it!

Increased my bid to where I was uncomfortable - but it came in lower than my original comfort level was. So win?
      Congratulations!

Comment

Well I got it!

Increased my bid to where I was uncomfortable - but it came in lower than my original comfort level was. So win?
        Absolutely it's a win! I think it was worth every penny. Not an outrageous price for a book that doesn't surface that often.

I'll bid on the next one.

congrats! I hope the seller packs it well.

Comment

Thanks!

My Lansdale collection is getting close to “complete.” I use quotes because there are so many different editions of the same story it seems. Or single stories with a fancy edition later put into a collection.

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
          Absolutely it's a win! I think it was worth every penny. Not an outrageous price for a book that doesn't surface that often.

I'll bid on the next one.

congrats! I hope the seller packs it well.

Comment

Thanks!

My Lansdale collection is getting close to “complete.” I use quotes because there are so many different editions of the same story it seems. Or single stories with a fancy edition later put into a collection.
            WELL that's a particularly cool score. I'm going to keep my eyes open for the next one. And I'll be sure not to post about it here!

Have you preordered Rusty Puppy from Gauntlet? It'll be my first Gauntlet Press book. And my second Hap and Leonard book. I just bought the Ziesing Edition of Savage Season. Haven't read it yet.

Comment

Well I got it!

Congrats on the win!

Comment

I'm glad to hear at least some of these LITTLE BOOK OF volumes have some value...taken individually, they typically don't seem to go for much on the aftermarket. I know the Hill and Gaiman are exceptions to the rule, but good to hear there are some other exceptions as well.
                Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I'm glad to hear at least some of these LITTLE BOOK OF volumes have some value...taken individually, they typically don't seem to go for much on the aftermarket. I know the Hill and Gaiman are exceptions to the rule, but good to hear there are some other exceptions as well.
                  Agreed. It's hard with these types of sets as I personally wouldn't collect them separately, part due to my collectors' OCD and part the way they display on the shelve individually versus as a set. The Keene book has also gone for a decent amount in the past. I want to piece together a Series I set, but I just don't know how much I'd be willing to drop the money for the Gaiman volume. Definitely not the $350 that a seller has listed one for on eBay.

Comment

I think the Laird Barron one was getting some money.

Comment

I only ever bought one—A Little Gold Book of Ghastly Stuff by Neil Gaiman—because I sort of collect Gaiman things. I sent a begging email to Elizabeth, and she got me #362. I'm happy.

Comment

Originally posted by keithminnion View Post
                        I only ever bought one—A Little Gold Book of Ghastly Stuff by Neil Gaiman—because I sort of collect Gaiman things. I sent a begging email to Elizabeth, and she got me #362. I'm happy.
                        Is that Gahan Wilson's art on the cover of the Gaiman Little Book?

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                          Is that Gahan Wilson's art on the cover of the Gaiman Little Book?
                          Yes. It’s one of the few (only?) of the LITTLE BOOKs that have truly illustrated boards...at least, as I recall this morning, before my first cup of coffee.
                          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Yes, Gahan did the cover drawing for this one. The same art also appears on the frontis and title pages, which he was kind enough to sign for me.

Comment

Yes, Gahan did the cover drawing for this one. The same art also appears on the frontis and title pages, which he was kind enough to sign for me.

Wow that's wonderful!

Comment

I really like the stuff he did for the Centipede Press Blackburn novels. Not usually my taste, but I like it!

Comment

Working...
                                X