Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joe Hill vinyl available on amazon

Originally posted by HumphreyBear View Post
    I look forward to experiencing this vicariously when you both post photos fo the framed Vinyl hanging on your walls.
    For anyone interested the Joe Hill vinyl is available on amazon.http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/006285..._QL65&keywords

Comment

Originally posted by taost33 View Post
      For anyone interested the Joe Hill vinyl is available on amazon.http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/006285..._QL65&keywords
      After reading the above post, I did some quick searching. I saw Dark Carousel available to pre-order in only one store besides Amazon. I read the original article posted in this thread. I decided not to take any chances and later regret missing out so I placed my order this afternoon (But not with Amazon).

Cap
      Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
        After reading the above post, I did some quick searching. I saw Dark Carousel available to pre-order in only one store besides Amazon. I read the original article posted in this thread. I decided not to take any chances and later regret missing out so I placed my order this afternoon (But not with Amazon).

Cap
        Where did you order from, Steve?

Comment

Originally posted by taost33 View Post
          Thanks for the link. I'll go ahead and order from them for now. I don't think they charge on preorders til it ships. If this is the only avenue for me, hopefully it doesn't arrive completely destroyed. Be nice to get an email from CD regarding this title

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
            Thanks for the link. I'll go ahead and order from them for now. I don't think they charge on preorders til it ships. If this is the only avenue for me, hopefully it doesn't arrive completely destroyed. Be nice to get an email from CD regarding this title
            I have asked Waterstreet if they will be offering these and if they will be getting them signed. I will post here when I hear a reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
              I have asked Waterstreet if they will be offering these and if they will be getting them signed. I will post here when I hear a reply.
              Thanks, Martin. I inquired from them as well with no response yet. Kim at Camelot said she will not be getting any. Oblong might be another option. I haven't checked with them yet.

Comment

Where did you order from, Steve?
                bullmoose.com
                Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
                  bullmoose.com
                  Thank you, Sir. Never heard of 'em. Good company with good handling of product?

Comment

Thank you, Sir. Never heard of 'em. Good company with good handling of product?
                    Looks like they have good reviews. Also snagged this photo from their website of the vinyl in case anyone hasn't seen it yet.

26903570.JPG

Comment

Water Street will be selling signed copies of Dark Carousel. The order information went live this morning.

http://www.waterstreetbooks.com/

Comment

This is an extremely fascinating idea. Although not a large production in terms of units, it's almost an experiment that tries to yield an answer to the economic problem of bookstores and music sales in the digital age. By placing a cover of the Stones song within the story, one wonders if this will give birth to another avenue of licensing for music artists.

Of course, obviously this kind of thing has been done before...it's just the first time I am really thinking about the model. And it makes me wish -- in a related, derivative manner -- that Stephen King would simply sell his stories as digital downloads instead of making us wait for a collection or having to hunt down several magazines.

Another idea: a video game based on King/Hill (their work, or even themselves) where the quest is to find a lost short story...the end-reward would be the story itself...publish that as a limited CD-ROM and download!

Comment

Originally posted by JJ123 View Post
                          This is an extremely fascinating idea. Although not a large production in terms of units, it's almost an experiment that tries to yield an answer to the economic problem of bookstores and music sales in the digital age. By placing a cover of the Stones song within the story, one wonders if this will give birth to another avenue of licensing for music artists.

Of course, obviously this kind of thing has been done before...it's just the first time I am really thinking about the model. And it makes me wish -- in a related, derivative manner -- that Stephen King would simply sell his stories as digital downloads instead of making us wait for a collection or having to hunt down several magazines.

Another idea: a video game based on King/Hill (their work, or even themselves) where the quest is to find a lost short story...the end-reward would be the story itself...publish that as a limited CD-ROM and download!
                          Are you familiar with Stephen King's F13?

https://www.amazon.com/Stephen-Kings.../dp/B00004C8RS

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                            Water Street will be selling signed copies of Dark Carousel. The order information went live this morning.

http://www.waterstreetbooks.com/

Ordered what will be my 3rd copy this morning from Water Street. Hopefully my bases are now covered.

Comment

Martin, I completely forgot about that. I checked out the link, because I really didn't know much about it even when I was aware of it. Didn't know the story Everything's Eventual was in it. King should try his hand at this sort of thing again. I would love to see an old-game-engine 2D platformer featuring his universe, done in the 16-bit style. Thanks for the info.

Wasn't there also a game based on The Dark Half? I'll have to look that up. And I wonder if the F13 thing is at the Internet Archive games site...I'll have to check...

Comment

Anyone in the Exeter New Hampshire area on April 25th they are having a record release party:

http://www.conventionscene.com/2018/...ousel-signing/

Comment

Working...
                                X