Skelton Crew Biblio Key and Signed SK JH books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skelton Crew Biblio Key and Signed SK JH books

I’m on my phone so this is kind of difficult - but it looks like Skelton Crew is having something fun tomorrow that will probably interest quite a few of us

https://twitter.com/skeltoncrew/stat...19993760256000

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    I’m on my phone so this is kind of difficult - but it looks like Skelton Crew is having something fun tomorrow that will probably interest quite a few of us

https://twitter.com/skeltoncrew/stat...19993760256000
    I had forgot about that, thanks for the reminder.

Comment

I live to serve. Or something.

Comment

Thanks again from the reminder. Barring a follow-up email saying they oversold and cancelling my order, I got the item I wanted!

Comment

Sweet! Glad I was able to help in my own little way.

Comment

And now for the rest of the story:

Well I mentioned above that I got what I wanted barring the 'oversold and order cancelled' email. While checking out I actually entered the expiration of my CC incorrectly and had to re-enter it. The 9 and the 0 are really close together when you are in a hurry. I believed that error would cost me and was surprised when it took my order.

The item I ordered was the hardbound edition of Road Rage Signed by Joe Hill and Stephen King. Only 5 would be available so I was prepared to not get one.

So last night I got an email with the title "*IMPORTANT information about you Road Rage order*".

The purchase would be for a signed trade hardcover edition of Road Rage and a Biblio Key signed numbered and limited to 600.
            *** TEXT BELOW ***
            Hello Collector's Club Members!
            We have a quick note about your signed "Road Rage" order.
            First up: You, Joe Hill and Stephen King broke the internet Thursday night, at least for a few seconds.
            So many people checked out as soon as the signed "Road Rage" copies went live, that in the crazy short span of time it took PayPal to tell our site the books had sold out, 21 additional orders slipped in the system, something we've never experienced and weren't aware could even happen.
            Fortunately, Joe Hill and Stephen King are both amazing — which we already knew — and immediately said they'd be game for signing 21 more.
            With travel schedules and having to get the books between three states, it looks like they likely won't arrive at the studio for 6-8 weeks. Additionally, the Biblio Keys they'll come with will be marked as APs, or artist's proofs, instead of being numbered. Anything you ordered at the same time will ship together at the same time.
            If either the wait or the AP key creates an issue, please let us know and we're happy to refund your order.
            Our apologies for the wait, and the bit of chaos, but we're glad it means more people getting signed "Road Rages" and more funds raised for charity.
            Any questions, please just drop us a line. Hope you have a great weekend!
            The Crew

So with the fine folks at Skelton Crew, Mr. Hill and Mr. King going above and beyond I will be receiving a signed copy of Road Rage!
            Last edited by Martin; 02-18-2018, 07:05 PM.

Comment

That's AWESOME!! Congrats and I'm glad to see/hear how SK and JH and Skelton Crew are all making good on this book.

(Now if only Skelton would find some extra Devlin's Shields lying around, I'd be even happier!)

Comment

That's AWESOME!! Congrats and I'm glad to see/hear how SK and JH and Skelton Crew are all making good on this book.

(Now if only Skelton would find some extra Devlin's Shields lying around, I'd be even happier!)
                Hopefully they will produce more. The Mouse Guard stuff seems to go pretty fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                  Hopefully they will produce more. The Mouse Guard stuff seems to go pretty fast.
                  Based on their response to me on the Twitters it was a made to order item based on the number of preorders received. So I have eBay alerts set up. Managed to snag the other shield that way so fingers are always crossed.

Maybe a random vendor will have one at Emerald City ComiCon in a few weeks? I’m going for the first time so maybe.

Comment

Based on their response to me on the Twitters it was a made to order item based on the number of preorders received. So I have eBay alerts set up. Managed to snag the other shield that way so fingers are always crossed.

Maybe a random vendor will have one at Emerald City ComiCon in a few weeks? I’m going for the first time so maybe.
                    Looks like there will be some cool Mouse Guard Art At Emerald Cuty Comic Con. http://davidpetersen.blogspot.com/20...t-process.html

Comment

Looks like there will be some cool Mouse Guard Art At Emerald Cuty Comic Con. http://davidpetersen.blogspot.com/20...t-process.html
                      Actually just took a look at his online store and he has some nice stuff. http://mouseguard.bigcartel.com/

Comment

Thanks for pointing out that link. I knew there was a new print coming but wasn’t aware that it would premiere at ECCC. He’s one of the two people I’m making a point of seeing (the other is Terry Moore.)

I have almost all of the prints from this series (looks like I’m missing the Peacock one.)

Comment

Actually just took a look at his online store and he has some nice stuff. http://mouseguard.bigcartel.com/
                          I bought one of his “Uber doodled” versions of his Snowy Valentine book. I really should post some pics (and make a collection thread ...)

I love his prints. Yeah. I kind of have an obsession.

Comment

I bought one of his “Uber doodled” versions of his Snowy Valentine book. I really should post some pics (and make a collection thread ...)

I love his prints. Yeah. I kind of have an obsession.
                            Yes, start a collection thread. I would love to see more. I am not familiar with Mouse Guard but must admit his art is fantastic!
                            Last edited by Martin; 02-21-2018, 04:37 AM.

Comment

Yes, start a collection thread. I would love to see mote. I am not familiar with Mouse Guard but must admit his art is fantastic!
                              Soon!

Comment

Working...
                              X