THE TOMMYKNOCKERS PS PUBLISHING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Oh no. So that could mean I'll have to buy ANOTHER edition of IT and THE STAND?! I won't have a choice!
    Yea, but you can never have too many editions of those two.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
      Yea, but you can never have too many editions of those two.
      Truth

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
        I think PS is also going to do NEEDFUL THINGS. Who's up for that?
        One of my favorite King novels but it deserves better treatment than what PS will provide. I guess their lettered will be ok but who has that kinda money to spend on books.

Comment

Don't quote me on that though. I'm just kinda assuming that's what they where doing.
          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
            Don't quote me on that though. I'm just kinda assuming that's what they where doing.
            I read it on the internet, it has to be true!

Comment

TRUE DAT!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                  One of my favorite King novels but it deserves better treatment than what PS will provide. I guess their lettered will be ok but who has that kinda money to spend on books.
                  Couldn't have said it better myself.

Comment

I like The Tommyknockers more than what a lot of King fans seem to. I felt like it did ramble on in places and maybe some tighter editing would have improved it a great deal but as is, there are some really cool things going on there. I decided to order one from CD (thank you gift certificates!). I do like the artwork for this one.

EDIT: Just checked PS website and 23 copies remain. This must be their fastest selling King edition so far!
                    Last edited by Tommy; 02-03-2018, 03:23 AM.

Comment

I have recently become the proud owner of the PS anniversary Salem's Lot, Skeleton Crew, Pet Sematary and Thinner to go with my existing Night Shift. I do love the novella approach so although I didn't think much of The Tommyknockers, I bought it. I will probably seek out Carrie and Chriitine later (when I have more $$$)

Comment

Originally posted by HumphreyBear View Post
                        I have recently become the proud owner of the PS anniversary Salem's Lot, Skeleton Crew, Pet Sematary and Thinner to go with my existing Night Shift. I do love the novella approach so although I didn't think much of The Tommyknockers, I bought it. I will probably seek out Carrie and Chriitine later (when I have more $$$)
                        Congratulations on all the books! I’m sure that looks pretty darn nice on the shelf!

Comment

Excellent!!

Comment

Passing on this one. Least Like the novella approach but not one of my favorite books.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                              Congratulations on all the books! I’m sure that looks pretty darn nice on the shelf!
                              Thanks - they do. They were part of a large group of 22 books I bought from Thelion on here last year. Because I live in Australia, the postage was going to be $700, so we arranged for Brain to ship them to the hotel I was staying in in New York recently. As well as the aforementioned PS titles, I also picked up Secretary of Dreams 2, CD Full Dark, No Stars, CD Dr Sleep, Three CD Brian Hodge titles and a host of other titles.

And when I returned home,k there were 15 other titles I had ordered waiting for me (mainly McCammon and Stephen Baxter titles).

I picked up a pristine first of McCammon's Boy's life at The Strand in NYC for virtually nothing. I could have bought many more books there but there is only so much weight one is allowed in one's luggage.

So now that I'm back, I spent my first day reorganizing my book shelves.

Happy days.

And thanks so much Brian. As well as giving me a ridiculously good deal on all the books and packaging the books for postage beautifully, he threw in a half dozen chapbooks that are aligned to my taste. He was an absolute pleasure to deal with.
                              Last edited by HumphreyBear; 02-04-2018, 11:33 PM. Reason: forgot to thank Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
                                I like The Tommyknockers more than what a lot of King fans seem to. I felt like it did ramble on in places and maybe some tighter editing would have improved it a great deal but as is, there are some really cool things going on there. I decided to order one from CD (thank you gift certificates!). I do like the artwork for this one.

EDIT: Just checked PS website and 23 copies remain. This must be their fastest selling King edition so far!
                                I was going to order from CD as I love giving them business (I ordered PS Publishing's 'Salem's Lot from them) but their price BEFORE shipping was higher than PS Publishing's AFTER international shipping ... would have ended up being over $30 more expensive shipped

Comment

Working...
                                X