Looking for a site(s) that provides comprehensive author bibliography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a site(s) that provides comprehensive author bibliography

This year I read a book by a British author that I totally enjoyed. I want to read more by the same author. Last evening I looked and found a site that listed a bibliography of 5 or 6 books by this author-Than doing a random search I found another title by the author not listed where I saw the bibliography. I just purchased the book not listed, it was the best buy. Is there one comprehensive site that lists all works (books) by an author?

Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Goodreads.com should have it all but sometimes it gets a bit muddled.

Comment

Goodreads and Wikipedia seem to give me the best info. But sometimes they both fail me. For example - trying to find a comprehensive listening of all of Joe Lansdale’s books and the order they were released/published is darn near impossible. Especially with all of the signed editions that have come out.

Comment

Typing the author's name and the words 'summary bibliography' into a google search links you to that author's page in the ISFDB database, probably the most comprehensive resource I've seen when dealing with speculative fiction bibliographies.

For instance, here's the Joe Lansdale page:

http://www.isfdb.org/cgi-bin/ea.cgi?1179
        “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
        -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Thanks! I hadn’t seen that site before. I’ll definitkey play with that more.

I struggle with trying to organize his stuff on my shelves - I want everything in order of release but that doesn’t work well for him (at least in my experiences.) So I do the best I can.

Comment

A link to the bibliography page I mentioned. The book I read, This Inward Horror, seems to be his best known novel. I can't locate much info. about this author. ~Cap

http://gadetection.pbworks.com/w/pag...%20J%20Russell

Comment

The site above is definitely not comprehensive. I found four more titles by J Russell Warren that are not listed at that site. Here is a question for our UK forum members-Is there any book shop that specializes in older, obscure titles such as those by J Warren Russell? I know all of the major book search engines and had no luck looking for these four titles I stumbled upon tonight. I found one additional title by JRW at eBay at a good price I'm tempted to snap up.

Cap
              Last edited by c marvel; 12-29-2017, 08:05 AM. Reason: To correct some info. and add more info. ( :

Comment

Working...
              X