Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amazing book info you'll find if you just look....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazing book info you'll find if you just look....

I wound up browsing at the Centipede Press site a couple days ago and just looking at various titles. I went to eBay and looked up one or two author's names I saw at CP. I was totally shocked (Amazed) by the prices for vintage paperbacks and hardbacks too for some of these authors. I do not recall which author(s) without going back to the CP site and looking around again. Lately I've become a big fan of vintage paperbacks.

Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

CP put out some outstanding titles. That wouldn't surprise me that some of these vintage PBs of the authors they have published would command a high price too.

Comment

Yeah, as a collector of vintage pbs/pbos, I've found that contemporary releases of a particular older author's work from a press like Centipede will often tend to inflate the prices of the author's vintage pbs...same thing with pop-culture currating releases like PAPERBACKS FROM HELL. Exposure like that tends to shine a light on the Good Stuff, and so those who were unaware and/or didn't collect vintage pbs become aware and desire them, and the supply-demand ratio swings to demand and away from supply, and prices increase. Doesn't always work that way, but it does seem like I see it more often than not, and sometimes the prices come down after the initial buzz, sometimes not.
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Working...
      X