First book written by my mom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First book written by my mom

Probably a little different than the books you'll find on cemetery dance, but my mom wrote a book and it's pretty damn good, check it out if you're interested, below is the link for amazon and the description of the book, thanks!

https://www.amazon.com/Loving-Lindse...loving+lindsey

Linda Atwell and her strong-willed daughter, Lindsey―a high-functioning young adult with intellectual disabilities―have always had a complicated relationship. But when Lindsey graduates from Silverton High School at nineteen and gets a job at Goodwill, she also moves into a newly remodeled cottage in her parents’ backyard―and Linda believes that all their difficult times may finally be behind them.

Life, however, proves not to be so simple. As Lindsey plunges into adulthood, she experiments with sex, considers a tubal ligation, and at twenty quits Goodwill and runs away with Emmett, a man more than twice her age. As Lindsey grows closer to Emmett, she slips further away from her family―but Linda, determined to save her daughter, refuses to give up. A touching memoir with unexpected moments of joy and humor, Loving Lindsey is a story about independence, rescue, resilience, and, most of all, love.

Originally posted by sweetmoose View Post
    Probably a little different than the books you'll find on cemetery dance, but my mom wrote a book and it's pretty damn good, check it out if you're interested, below is the link for amazon and the description of the book, thanks!

https://www.amazon.com/Loving-Lindse...loving+lindsey

Linda Atwell and her strong-willed daughter, Lindsey―a high-functioning young adult with intellectual disabilities―have always had a complicated relationship. But when Lindsey graduates from Silverton High School at nineteen and gets a job at Goodwill, she also moves into a newly remodeled cottage in her parents’ backyard―and Linda believes that all their difficult times may finally be behind them.

Life, however, proves not to be so simple. As Lindsey plunges into adulthood, she experiments with sex, considers a tubal ligation, and at twenty quits Goodwill and runs away with Emmett, a man more than twice her age. As Lindsey grows closer to Emmett, she slips further away from her family―but Linda, determined to save her daughter, refuses to give up. A touching memoir with unexpected moments of joy and humor, Loving Lindsey is a story about independence, rescue, resilience, and, most of all, love.
    Thanks for posting this. Sounds very interesting.

Comment

Working...
    X